Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 10:33 AM

1,233 posts, read 3,433,651 times

Advertisements

You seem angry...I was trying to help, will not bother anymore, you think that the laws don't apply to you. Well good luck out there, seriously, good luck. I did not make up the law here, once you sign a contract, its a contract, once you approve the hoa documents, and its ratififed, it is a done deal, sorry too, I know how it feels, I was just trying to help you not get sued, sorry I got involved here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2007, 10:37 AM

67 posts, read 538,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PghPaNative View Post
You seem angry...I was trying to help, will not bother anymore, you think that the laws don't apply to you. Well good luck out there, seriously, good luck. I did not make up the law here, once you sign a contract, its a contract, once you approve the hoa documents, and its ratififed, it is a done deal, sorry too, I know how it feels, I was just trying to help you not get sued, sorry I got involved here!
It's not that, but unless it says in the langauge of the contract that I am specifically liable for damages or appraisal etc, etc, then that is not part of the contract.

How could it be?

I am not angry, but why would I pay for something that I never signed?

Old 05-14-2007, 10:41 AM

My mistake and apologies...thought you said you signed a ratified contract...if you haven't...then you have nothing to worry about then, true!

Old 05-14-2007, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PghPaNative View Post
My mistake and apologies...thought you said you signed a ratified contract...if you haven't...then you have nothing to worry about then, true!
I did sign a ratified contract. No need to apologize. I did not agree to pay for any of those items.

Old 05-14-2007, 11:05 AM

23 posts, read 117,676 times
Hi,living next to a registered predator is a concern. However, if you did sign the Megans Law disclaimer that should have been provided to you, you may not be able to do anything. I would seek legal council if you are that concerned. The seller is not required to disclose a sexual predator any more that the seller would have to disclose an aids patient lived in the house. I personally would be more concerned about the sexual predators who haven't registered with the state.

Old 05-14-2007, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dottieG View Post
Hi,living next to a registered predator is a concern. However, if you did sign the Megans Law disclaimer that should have been provided to you, you may not be able to do anything. I would seek legal council if you are that concerned. The seller is not required to disclose a sexual predator any more that the seller would have to disclose an aids patient lived in the house. I personally would be more concerned about the sexual predators who haven't registered with the state.
Hello, No Megan's Law disclosure was presented to me. In VA its due diligence, and you are encouraged to excercise due diligence after signing the contract.

I have sought legal counsel as you can see if you check my posts, I am just reponding discussing the topic.

On a side note, why would you be more concerned with a sexual predator who hasn't registered with the State?

Old 05-14-2007, 11:18 AM

There are some ways out...

HOA rule book, you could say you do not agree with the HOA rules, they give you three days to deceide, that is a way out!

Home inspections, you could say your not happy with the outcome.

And I do believe Finiancial issues could be a way out as well.

I won't agrue anymore here, just trying to help you, done now...good luck with things

Old 05-14-2007, 11:21 AM

AS someone had pointed out, your own relatives are more likely to offend your children than a stranger, true too, but still, who really wants to live near a known one! Most are not even aware of this btw, most don't even care, or they would check into it! Anyhow...good luck with things, I hope you can get out legally here...I honestly do not blame you! I just hope your sellers are understanding and the real estate agents involved!

Old 05-14-2007, 12:18 PM

13 posts, read 68,941 times
I can't believe this but I just thought I would search any registered sex offenders in the zipcode of the house we are closing on at the end of June and there are only 3 in the zipcode we are moving and 1 is in my neighborhood!! He is a 65 year old man with charges involving children dating back to 1989 in WI. I have mixed emotions, but I will not try to get out of our contract. I am glad I am aware though. My children are 9,7 and 3 and I don't let them wander anyway, but I will definitely be cognisant of it now that I am aware that danger may be present. He lives streets away from where we will live, so it won't be as bad as the OP living right next door to one, but I agree with other posters that what you really have to worry about are the unregistered offenders. And I have to let you know that the neighborhood we are buying into is a VERY nice elite neighborhood, so they can be anywhere.

Old 05-14-2007, 12:34 PM

That is so true, so many parents around here, where I live with two of them that are registered, don't even care to check to see where they are, they out in the streets here all hours of the day, with no supervision! Some have been put in the hosptial by the bigger kids, who are also not "supervised" and the next day, they are back to the same old thing here. I find it replusive that people let their children run amock and abuse each other, the property destruction that raises our hoa dues all the time, and not to mention smoking, drinking and breaking into homes, one mother I know of, drinks all day long, has no worries of where her 8 yr is and told me she is fine with her not being in her sight for hours on end either, I really am glad to be out of here...very soon!'

There are very few places where they are not...I only found one community that did not have one registered one, but I will be just as wary as I was when I had one a few doors down from me, not as scared, but just as watchful! And that is out of bout 20 places that I had investigated too! It is very hard to find a place without one, and who knows, you buy your home and the next month, your neighbor sells her home and one moves in, and there is nothing you can do bout it...now on this note why is not something being done here to protect our children? Why are they allowed to live wherever they want, why do they have all the rights here? And we have none?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
View detailed profiles of: