Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2009, 11:40 PM

7 posts, read 15,618 times

Advertisements

Wanted-pretty much anywhere between Charottesville and Farmville. Long Term Rental or MUCH prefer Rent to Own property. Would like to do a "handshake" type of deal with an atty if needed for paperwork to cover both of us so we both can feel good about everything and be covered. Prefer to work with an owner, not a broker! I have been contacted by brokers since starting my search and they start out by having my dream place, then they stick in the fine print and ad on all kind of fees and have the property priced WAAAAY above current market value. No games, I am a nice person just looking for a nice hobby farm place and only want to deal with nice people who understand life with horses/the rural lifestyle.

MUST HAVES-
3 to 10 acres
Be fenced, fences in good repair, suitable for horses (mostly mini's, may have one draft coming with me)
Be small dog friendly (or have a kennel)
Trees/shade the more the better!
UTD electric/central a/c and OH please this is a biggie for me, UTD bathroom!
At least 2/1
Private but not remote! Things like a feedstore, Walmart, Hosp. etc should be no more than 15 miles away, even closer is better.
Can be quaint and small as long as it has a barn/fencing/outbuildings-dont need fancy or pretentious at all, like quaint and cozy. That does not mean DRUG OR CRIME OR LOWLIFE AREAS. I am not familiar with all the areas but will research them. A little redneck, no problem,Christmas lights up all year or neighbor with a small herd of cars on blocks in the back yard, no problem. white trash areas, drug or crime ridden areas, areas where every other person is a sex offender or pit bull breeder, forget it, NOT INTERESTED!. But please no postage stamps or as the realtors call them "doll houses". Im tall and do like to turn around.
Hilly areas ok up to about 600ft elevation-NO MOUNTAINS

WOULD BE NICE
Enclosed porch/dog yard
Outbuildings
BARN!!!! (this will seal a deal for me)
Near to places to drive my ponies
Close to a walmart/feedstore/town with docs/hosp

MIGHT CONSIDER
Manufactured home as long as there is a basement, that is newer but would prefer a "real home"

PREFER BY MARCH 2010, need agreement at least 2 months or more beforehand as I am home/hobby farm owner here in FL and will be renting out or renting to own my property that I own with my ex and need to make all those arrangements too, and arrangements to decide which livestock is coming with me and which is being sold and this takes time. Then again Im not in any mad, mad rush to settle for a less than fitting property and can suffer thru another summer here if I must.

Briefly about me...I am very private, writer/artist and hobby farmer and work from home. I have taken in MANY rescue horses over the years, and still like to though I have slowed down in my older middle age, but like the opportunity to help where and when I can. I breed pugs and drive and enjoy breeding mini horses. I enjoy auctions, from little junk ones to livestock ones to estate type sales so close to any of those would be great, also near to art shows and fall festivals.Have No Kids or relatives with kids! I do not drink or do drugs. Credit score-not pretty at all due to several factors including mothers death and the ex and the economy in general. Integrity and paying rent on time-well there is no score for that but if there were wed Id be at the top of the chart. I am NOT irresponsible person and I am OLDER, you will get your payments in a timely fashion, I have a mosdest palimony that pays for my needs, plus my income from my horses, writing, art and a few puppies. Short of not having a glowing sparkly credit score I can stand up to any background check you might want to put me thru. Presently Live in a small town now that's a 20 mile drive to the BIG city, and 5 min to the local Walmart and feed store and would like to find a similar area. People here say hi and stop on the road for you and look out for each other, want a similar area in a cooler climate. Present owner of a hobby farm with the friendly ex, that we will be renting out once I find the perfect place in VA so we need time to plan ahead for this. He may or may not join me if he can find a job up there, he is a medical professional and we remain very good friends and still do joint everything including home ownership.

REASON FOR LEAVING FL
Cannot take the hot/humid weather anymore that goes on for 7 months a year, is effecting my health poorly,Ive been here 40 years and its effecting me worse and worse as I age. Also lost both my parents and would like to leave some unpleasant memories behind (being very honest here-not a sob story, just the truth). I am an outdoorsy type who has to spend waaay tooo much time indoors here in FL. Was born in VA and miss it.

Moderator Cut: Please invite Direct Messages. Posting emails publicly is not recommended..
Please include pics/terms/price in your first email! (Sorry but like I said I've been emailed by the brokers promising the world...I just want to see pics of the place and know the terms and deal with the owner upfront, no tap dances, and PLEASE no phishers or scammers wanting to FIX MY CREDIT or whatever, Im doing just fine on my own without the scams TYVM) Again, ABSOLETLY MUST BE HORSE AND DOG FRIENDLY and I am looking for a LONG TERM/LIFETIME place as moving is not my favorite passtime, and probably will want to BUY as a lease option, might consider renting one year first just to see if its the right place for us and the right deal for you, but Im older, moving is not my favorite thing to do, when I leave FL after 40 years it will be a one way trip and want to make SURE that I have a great place to call home in VA for myself, my dogs and ponies (MY family!). Looking for a forever home. THANK YOU!

Last edited by FindingZen; 10-27-2009 at 05:02 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2009, 05:04 AM

8,983 posts, read 21,164,684 times
Since you've left, the definition of Northern Virginia may have changed. It certainly doesn't include Charlottesville or Farmville these days.

I'm going to move this thread to the general Virginia forum where you're more likely to find responses.

Old 10-27-2009, 02:45 PM

7 posts, read 15,618 times
I can be reached directly at NonFictionRighter@gmail.com To clarify I am looking in an area from Farmville to Lynchburg to Charlottesville (picture a triangle) So I am looking in the central to northern area of VA. I need the cooler summer climate but no mountains. Thanks!

Old 01-24-2010, 01:22 AM

3 posts, read 10,907 times
In SW VA I can hook you up. I have land for sale but my neighbor has house and land for rent or sale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia