U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 09:28 AM

1,514 posts, read 1,868,040 times

Advertisements

They've had smoking bans in D.C. and Montgomery Co., MD for several years and business has actually increased. Smoking bans will help, not hurt restaurants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2009, 10:11 AM

8 posts, read 11,497 times
Well Aspe4 when all of your population is red liberals like in Red Maryland of course theyre going to head to the bars and restaurants. The fools think theyll be living longer because they wont inhale a puff or 2 of smoke every so often when the actual truth is proven many times by scientists that you can live to be a hundred when smoking. So when you add in the fact that the regular liberal lives in crime filled ghettos they probably wont live as long as a regular American who smokes everyday.

Old 12-09-2009, 01:11 PM

14,131 posts, read 27,013,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-AoNV View Post
Well Aspe4 when all of your population is red liberals like in Red Maryland of course theyre going to head to the bars and restaurants. The fools think theyll be living longer because they wont inhale a puff or 2 of smoke every so often when the actual truth is proven many times by scientists that you can live to be a hundred when smoking. So when you add in the fact that the regular liberal lives in crime filled ghettos they probably wont live as long as a regular American who smokes everyday.
I think you'd be more comfortable hanging out on the West Virginia forum.

Old 12-09-2009, 02:10 PM

8 posts, read 11,497 times
Whats that supposed to mean chief? you liberals don't like hearing the truth? Or are you just taking a lick at the people of West Virginia? I tell you the libs hear anything they don't like or anything that makes common sense or anything that does not come from Hussein Osama they run or try to run you. As a matter fact 1 I dont trust West VA since they joined the north in the war and 2 because they may not be commie but they vote democrap.

Old 12-09-2009, 07:39 PM

1,314 posts, read 2,735,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-AoNV View Post
Whats that supposed to mean chief? you liberals don't like hearing the truth? Or are you just taking a lick at the people of West Virginia? I tell you the libs hear anything they don't like or anything that makes common sense or anything that does not come from Hussein Osama they run or try to run you. As a matter fact 1 I dont trust West VA since they joined the north in the war and 2 because they may not be commie but they vote democrap.
Not to divert the thread, but I would like to point out that the largest cavalry battalion at Gettysburg was from West Virginia, Jenkins' Brigade, as were most of the men under Gen. Imboden, and the 31st VA Cavalry. Just want to keep things straight.
If you want any info. on WV statehood you can try my website.
Home (West Virginia - The Other History)

Now back to our regular programming.

Old 01-03-2010, 04:44 PM

120 posts, read 189,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVA-Jsn20 View Post
Well maybe people should quit smoking. I understand that you run a restaurant but we have to look at the bigger picture....
Looking at the bigger picture is is good advise. Smoking bans pave the way for even greater erosion's of freedom. Now as our rights are removed one by one, they can always point to the smoking ban and say, well this didn't bother you. Lets all look at the bigger picture.

Find smoking restaurants in Virginia Home

Old 01-03-2010, 04:47 PM

120 posts, read 189,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Home_Kid View Post
its all good info.

as for the smoking bills, restaurant owners needed to nag legislature folks with the info from their perspective. in AZ i helped to inform legislature folks the facts about carrying concealed firearm into establishments that serve alcohol. i watched the sessions live online. we law abiding citizens prevailed even though there was lots of voice from such establishments against the bill. establishments still have the right to ban firearms, but here in AZ we CCW'ers will typically will not frequent places that have banned firearms.

my moto is, if you dont like the law you rally your troops and get it changed.
Come to Virginia and bring a few more like you. Welcome.

Old 01-03-2010, 06:14 PM

267 posts, read 1,256,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe III View Post
Looking at the bigger picture is is good advise. Smoking bans pave the way for even greater erosion's of freedom. Now as our rights are removed one by one, they can always point to the smoking ban and say, well this didn't bother you. Lets all look at the bigger picture.

Find smoking restaurants in Virginia Home
You "could" be onto something. Last summer I was checking out the forums on radio-info.com where somebody more/less said the same as you did but he also added that many ( NOT ALL ) young people it seems have no problems having a "right" here or there being taking away or have "rules' in place like banning cigarettes, heck banning soda pop for that matter, no problem telling an overwight person they are too fat for the buffet or allowing only those who are married with kids to attend amusement parks etc...the poster as I can recall worked beside many young people plus his wife was a high school teacher..thats where they got their info but of course I wouldn't say they were accurate ( I don't know them ) but OTOH it would NOT surprise me if it was. But going back to tobacco & restaurants, I beieve that should be left up to the owners to decide smoking or non-smoking, not the goverment. I still think the goverment dropped the ball earlier this year with that "tobacco law" such as the banning of flavored cigarettes ( I never seen those Vanilla flavored Marlboros ) because they felt such things is what gets kids to light up BUT they didn't go after those flavored cigars like Black & Mild for example and those are VERY POPULAR among the kids I see kids smoke those a LOT more than cigarettes.

Old 01-04-2010, 07:02 PM

126 posts, read 326,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe III View Post
Come to Virginia and bring a few more like you. Welcome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or