Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2009, 08:24 PM

515 posts, read 1,691,647 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me about Fawn Lake? Good, bad, and ugly.

Am particularly curious to know how far it is from the development to civilization (e.g. grocery store, drug store, doctors).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2009, 05:25 PM

8,876 posts, read 13,907,158 times
I moved out of Fredericksburg about 8 years ago, but I can tell you this much. Fawn Lake is a hihgly regarded community located about 5 - 6 miles from the Wilderness battlefield area of Route 3 where it intersects with Hwy 20. That area has greatly developed since I left, but there is shopping on Hwy 3 over by Lake of the Woods. I can only imagine there are doctors and a CVS type store there now.

Hopefully someone else can come along with better information for you.

Old 02-07-2010, 08:29 PM

5 posts, read 28,470 times
My in-laws live in Fawn Lake and we spend a lot of time there. I don't really see any bad or ugly about it. The people are nice, the area is gorgeous and there is a lot to do right in the neighborhood. There are many groups and clubs that meet for various interests, but if you're not into that, you can keep to yourself. The golf course and pool are amazing. We eventually want to end up there, just can't quite swing it at the moment. Do you have any specific questions?

Old 02-07-2010, 08:31 PM

It's about 20-30 minutes to Central Park in Fredericksburg, depending on traffic. Central Park has pretty much anything you would need. For quicker grocery runs, there is a convenience store 5 mins away and the Lake of the Woods shopping center with a grocery, dollar store, pizza and CVS, etc about 8-10 minutes away.

Old 02-09-2010, 09:22 PM

515 posts, read 1,691,647 times
Thanks for inviting my questions. Right now I have three:

* Is there is good veterinary care nearby?
* Do your in-laws like living there?
* Do you think a good number of retirees live there?

TIA!

Old 02-11-2010, 03:48 PM

My inlaws love it there and love their lifestyle - they moved there about 10 years ago and it took a little while to get to know people, but they have gotten very involved, esp since fully retiring. They are in the bowling league, golf practically daily, and book clubs so they have met a lot of people and there are also social groups(parties/dinner clubs) that they partcipate in. There are many retirees there, as well as younger families, so I think it's a good mix of people. They do not have pets, so I don't know much about vet care, but as I am researching for my family, I have come across some names of local vets and kennels that have gotten good reviews.

We spend a LOT of time there and I can't really see any downside to the place. If you want an active retirement, I think that is a great place for it. Or even an inactive retirement, in a lovely neighborhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia