U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 04:05 PM

4 posts, read 9,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobwv View Post
One big difference between Virginia and the western states like California & Colorado when it comes to medical marijuana....in Virginia such places aren't allowed to advertise in the media such as radio, TV or even in print. Compare that to say Denver where on some of their local radio stations it seems every other commercial is for some place offering medical pot. In other words, the doctor can tell you where to go to get medical marijuana but not Roanoke's K-92FM or Richmond's NBC12 WWBT.

Actually I am kinda surprised Max Media hasn't tried to get Virginia to change that rule since they make a ton of money in Denver from airing such ads..and Max owns many radio stations in Hampton Roads such as WGH-FM 97.3 "the eagle"...one would think Max media would want to make money in Virginia by airing ads for medical pot..but it doesn't seem that they do..at least in Virginia anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfibro View Post
Maybe there is a legal action group that would bring the comparison between marijuana ,alcohol and tobacco to the supreme court.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2012, 04:08 PM

4 posts, read 9,374 times
Default Norml/Va

If you want to get active in legalizing medicinal marijuana...join a chapter of Norml in VA...

Old 12-23-2012, 11:38 PM

1 posts, read 1,982 times
were is the weed store at you can get the weed from in richmond va

Old 02-26-2013, 09:34 AM

2 posts, read 3,752 times
Having lived here for 52 yrs...my entire life LOL I was shocked to read there was a lw on the books awhile back. You can not get medical Cannabis anywhere in VA, and here is why. The law is written for the doctor to RX it, which can not be done, because its is against Federal law prescriptions are governed by the Feds....so it makes it impossible for docs to RX.....trust me it is hitting me hard right now!!! I'm a pain management patient and have been since 1998....never had a problem, I was just discharged for being positive for THC, the kicker is the doctor was fine with it, he knew for over a year, but when I came back positive in a random screening, I was discharged, even though, my doctor didn't want to do it, he had no choice to avoid harassment. Maybe one day, the world will relize this is a ligament natural treatment that works!!! and those of us who us it should not be treated as criminals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
Virginian has laws on the books that make it legal for doctors to prescribe and pharmacies to dispense marijuana. Why aren't there dispensaries here similar to those that have opened in California and other Western states?

Legislative Information System

Old 02-26-2013, 01:36 PM

14,131 posts, read 27,083,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricks4u View Post
Having lived here for 52 yrs...my entire life LOL I was shocked to read there was a lw on the books awhile back. You can not get medical Cannabis anywhere in VA, and here is why. The law is written for the doctor to RX it, which can not be done, because its is against Federal law prescriptions are governed by the Feds....so it makes it impossible for docs to RX.....trust me it is hitting me hard right now!!! I'm a pain management patient and have been since 1998....never had a problem, I was just discharged for being positive for THC, the kicker is the doctor was fine with it, he knew for over a year, but when I came back positive in a random screening, I was discharged, even though, my doctor didn't want to do it, he had no choice to avoid harassment. Maybe one day, the world will relize this is a ligament natural treatment that works!!! and those of us who us it should not be treated as criminals.
Aren't doctors in CA and other states prescribing it? How is it any different there? Is there some difference between the laws in the two states?

Old 02-27-2013, 09:15 AM

2 posts, read 3,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
Aren't doctors in CA and other states prescribing it? How is it any different there? Is there some difference between the laws in the two states?
Doctors recommend it, not RX it......VA could have wrote the laws the way CA did..just like last summer VA tried to pass a law to sell it at ABC stores......like that had a chance.....they should have wrote a medical cannabis state law like the other states have done to start with, then push for legalization.I think it was a smoke and mirrors move, to please the public, I think 68% want Cannabis legalized, so they had to do something.
On a bright note MD is now puttin a bill to vote on legalizing it. Maybe one day bro.....in a few days I hit withdrawal and horrible pain because I smoked weed to stop vomiting and allow myself to eat...long story, but I got very ill, I lost 150 ponds in less than 6 months.....the weight loss stopped, still can't eat right, but that's because I need a procedure done because the meds no loner work..yeah it sucks.....they don't kick you out for drinking with pain meds, but kick you out the first time you show up positive for THC? Oh you might get a kick out of this....I was sober and in AA for over half my life, I'm 52....at the time I ave up my sobriety to try Cannabis, it worked! if I lived less than 15 miles from here, i could have kept my sobriety, and still been in good standings with pain management......CMon Man!

Old 04-25-2013, 02:22 PM

2 posts, read 3,512 times
I have chronic pancreatitis and am terminal suffering daily extreme pain and nausea 24-7 and just moved from Maryland. Why limit the law to 2 illnesses only? Are we not suffering enough for your conscience? I am losing teeth, cannot eat and suffer everyday. I have lived with this 10 years now, after dying 3 times in hospital. I have suffered 3 strokes and 1 hear attack so far and lost everything I had worked so hard all my life to build. I think it is insane that some delegate gets to pick who is sick enough and who is not. Most of the medical community world wide has very little knowledge of CP and living life with it. We are the silent suffers. This is a wasting disease...taking life from you a little bit at a time until your body can no longer go on. We have no voice, no walks, no ribbons or 5k's to raise awareness and research. Nobody can pick who gets help and who doesn't. Aren't we all deserving of at least a little relief from our constant suffering? I say YES dammit, and get off your lazy asses and Really Make something happen more than fiddling with your privates, extravagant lunches, and playing God to the people in your district. I know if the govenor's wife or child were chronically ill, with unbearable pain, it would pass for sure. Somebody would fight for it. Somebody, anybody. I am too sick to do it....and we are out there suffering and dying with no one giving a damn about our rights to comfort. Marijuana is the only answer for CP. A life of a fist full of pain meds every few hours is no way for us to live....the meds do more damage than the disease or exacerbate the decline of the patient who is suffering from a plethora of symptoms hour by hour, day by day. I cannot imagine many who could bear to live as I do. Marijuana helps cp patients more than you know and multitudes are moving to it for relief, legal or not. I take 25 to 30 pills a day, down from 50, just to stay alive and be able to get out of bed. Marijuana gives us relief for most of our symptoms without the issues pain meds bring. It IS the ONLY thing that works, period, and god forbid if we happen to feel good for a bit. call the cops! He is feeling ok! HURRY! Marijuana works! For me,if i were able to use all the time, would eliminate several medications dramatically reducing the amount of meds I have to take (to feel just a bit better), therefore costing my insurance, MEDICARE, much less. (LOOK at the prices of medication) I know this because I tried, my doctor knows...hell she recommended it after pretty much living in a er for me. We are an online community of CPers and like a wave they are turning to using marijuana, many for the first time, and finding relief they can get nowhere else. We then all ask the same question. Why is it still illegal? There is no bogey man, you are not going to go to heroine due to using Marijuana. The gateway drug is the dumbest argument I have ever heard. Alcohol is many times more dangerous and apt to be a gateway drug. Funny thing, I have never seen an angry stoned person...but plenty of pissed off, dangerous drinkers. More poignant is the fact that the drugs we take do unbelievable harm to a disease ravaged body with multiple problems. Wake up Virginia, you are being had! By the people who drink constantly but proclaim weed is evil, and drug companies that want to be your dealer most of all. They are even entering the marijuana business with pills that do not work but cost a fortune. We already have a good answer doc, now people do something about it. WE are just one group that benefits, there are so many suffering and at the mercy of a "corporate" drug dealer. Thank you, peace and good health.

Old 04-25-2013, 03:39 PM

2 posts, read 3,512 times
The planet provided us with a great medication, natural and virtually harmless....It was made illegal for political reasons only. That's enough already. As far as I am concerned we, the chronically ill, have been disenfranchised by our Federal Government. This is a Human and Civil Rights Issue and should be presented as such. I think it is the only way to get radical change.

Being disenfranchised is no fun. The rules work against you, your rights are constantly violated, and you have little power to change your life for the better. The Old French word enfranchir means “to make free,” and when you add the negative prefix dis-, disenfranchised means “made unfree.” A disenfranchised population doesn’t rest easy, and often they organize and fight back against their condition to demand their basic rights and freedom.

Old 06-17-2013, 12:42 PM

1 posts, read 1,665 times
I'm trying to open a shop in Richmond,Va.do anyone have any advise for me.

Old 03-03-2015, 08:19 AM

1 posts, read 1,003 times
where is the marijuana store in Hampton
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or