Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2010, 07:12 PM

44 posts, read 145,213 times

Advertisements

Hi there, My husband and I are thinking about moving south with our 2 teenage daughters however we need an area where he could get a job, he's a retired firefighter, and has construction experience also. We want to find a 4 bdrm home, under 300k, with about an acre of land. We also would need to find a good church and a Christian High School.

Is that enough information?? Are there any suggestions? or do we need to go further south?
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2010, 10:13 PM

11 posts, read 43,881 times
With that information you can move to most any place. Construction is a trade that can be used anywhere, and a house of that price range is widely available. Do you want a large city?

Nice Areas are:
Tazewell, Bluefield, Wytheville, Galax, Mt.airy NC

Old 02-07-2010, 09:49 AM

4,899 posts, read 7,446,560 times
Look at Lynchburg. There's a lot of threads on here that give the pros and cons. There are several Christian schools -- Liberty Christian, New Covenant, Timberlake. Holy Cross Catholic, Virginia Espicopal, too. Too many churches to list! Good luck.

Old 02-14-2010, 12:04 PM

156 posts, read 369,941 times
Houses in VA are much cheaper than most states I came from NJ to retire and have a2500 sq. ft. house on a view lot of the mountains 15 thousand for 3 acres custom built house 89 thousand ,5 thousand for the well 15 hundred for the septic 5 years ago .I have 3 decks 1 covered porch a hundred feet long 3 car carport and a guest house on my property too .Taxes about 800 a year auto about 400 and electric for the house about 300 every 2 months .My house was built out of 2x6 studs and has the floor to cieling windows and for 300 thousand you should be able to get alot more .Construction here here is not so good my older son was doing that down here but had to find another job .Check out dan river association on realtors .My house was built to retire in .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia