U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 03:47 PM

18 posts, read 79,992 times

Advertisements

Yes, it's still me trying to narrow things down. My dad did some research and told me about how bad traffice is on Hull St. I like Hampton Park and some of the subdivisions on that side of town. He mentioned Waterford? Or subdivisions off Midlothian Turnpike or Robious Road. Any suggestions? I looked on Mapquest but they don't name the subdivisions. Are the lots in HP large? What subdivisions have large-semi private lots?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2007, 12:15 PM

1,802 posts, read 5,646,366 times
Traffic will be worse along Hull Street given the high growth occurring there. It's better along Midlothian and Robious. I'm not sure what your price range is, but maybe a neighborhood like Salisbury? It has larger wooded lots, but it can be a bit pricey.

Old 06-11-2007, 12:26 PM

2,124 posts, read 7,940,830 times
To get a larger lot, you will need to go for a little older subdivision, like Queensmill or Walton Park. Both are convenient to 288 and Midlothian Tnpk.

shelly

Old 06-11-2007, 02:29 PM

18 posts, read 79,992 times
I wonder if your interpretation of traffic and mine are the same. Right now I drive 30 miles to work and it takes an hour and a half on a good morning. That's bumper to bumper from the time I get on the highway until I get to the office. Are we talking about that kind of traffic or just traffic from the lights on the road? I am used to heavy traffic everyday-I just don't want that kind of a commute should I decide to work. Also, is it mainly just volume? Thanks!

Old 06-11-2007, 05:43 PM

Traffic on the highways in Richmond isn't really that bad. I've lived in Northern VA and compared to that Richmond is easy. There are some backups along the main toll plaza on Powhite Pkwy which is just south of its crossing of the river. The RMA is in the process of splitting the plaza to allow smart tag users to travel through at a much higher rate of speed. Improvements/widening of Hull Street are currently underway which should help with the rush hour congestion there east to Rt. 288. Eventually Powhite will be extended to Hull St west of Woodlake, which will also help. An hour commute would be rare in Richmond. Also, depending on where you'll be working, there are express commuter buses from the Hull St area to downtown which would make your commute stress free. Until Hull St is widened in western Chesterfield, it'll probably be one of the more congested areas of the Richmond area, though still not that bad compared to other cities. Congestion in the Midlothian and Robious corridors is less than that found along Hull west of 288.

Old 06-11-2007, 07:27 PM

2,124 posts, read 7,940,830 times
Hull Street (360) can get congested. But it depends on when you are driving as well. And of course, your perception of traffic and congestion. I complain about it, but the folks from DC think I'm a whiny baby!! They laugh at it. Midlothian has the same traffic and the same time....

Shelly

Old 06-11-2007, 09:06 PM

For larger wooded lots, depending on your price range, you could also check out Stonehenge.

Old 06-12-2007, 01:02 PM

20 posts, read 59,583 times
Midlothian Turnpike and Hull Street both have a good amount of traffic, escpecially at major intresections during the drive home hours and morning commute.

Old 06-12-2007, 01:04 PM

2 posts, read 15,892 times
I have lived in Woodlake for a year and I also just gave up an apartment in Northern VA - Hull St traffic is nothing in comparison. Woodlake will also get you into the new Cosby High School District. Lots of great homes in Woodlake. Mine is decent sized and wooded and a block from the lake. Woodlake is a great, safe area!

Old 06-12-2007, 01:09 PM

20 posts, read 59,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richmondpics View Post
For larger wooded lots, depending on your price range, you could also check out Stonehenge.
Stonehhenge is awesome, great HS there, and right next to is is Smoketree, I lived there 14 years and i liked it very much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia