Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Volkswagen
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2016, 08:33 PM

1,889 posts, read 2,011,128 times

Advertisements

If you didn't know here is how you look it up and price your TDI

You have 2 options. Buyback or Modification. As the names imply, either VW buys the vehicle off of you or you opt for them to repair it and they pay you a reduced amount for compensation. Of course you can just chose to keep the car.

Link to online calc

I did very well. They are actually going to wind up paying me more than I originally bought the car for.

They are going to freeze these prices until OCT 2018 if I read remember correctly. So I can drive for more than 2 years and then drive up to the dealer and collect the exact same amount as I would have if I had brought it in 2 years earlier.

Driving a car for 2 years with no depreciation sounds like a good deal.

The only catch is that you have to maintain your mileage below 1024 a month on avg or they reduce the amount.

The second catch is that if you wreck it to the point you total it then your screwed. I think you only get half of the modification amount.

I am seriously thinking of just biting the bullet and giving the car back to them, then run out and buy a used one of the same model.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2016, 09:11 PM

1,278 posts, read 1,107,602 times
I traded mine earlier this year so I'm not sure if I'll get anything or not. I originally bought it in June 2012. Some of the articles I've read said that if you've sold it before last month that you may get something but I haven't found anything concrete yet.

Old 07-07-2016, 09:53 PM

1,268 posts, read 1,221,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGal7 View Post
I traded mine earlier this year so I'm not sure if I'll get anything or not. I originally bought it in June 2012. Some of the articles I've read said that if you've sold it before last month that you may get something but I haven't found anything concrete yet.
I was under the impression that current owners would be compensated. They can't give money to both you and the person who bought it from you.

Old 07-08-2016, 07:45 PM

407 posts, read 824,562 times
Does anyone know what will happen to those that have leased the cars? I'm hearing that Volkswagen will cancel the leases without penalty, but what about mileage overage? Will they count how many miles I had the day of the scandal, or the day I turn it in?

Old 07-09-2016, 12:22 AM

1 posts, read 1,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzmanLI View Post
Does anyone know what will happen to those that have leased the cars? I'm hearing that Volkswagen will cancel the leases without penalty, but what about mileage overage? Will they count how many miles I had the day of the scandal, or the day I turn it in?
I would like to know this information as well. More specifically if Your over on mileage how it will be handled?

Old 08-29-2016, 10:10 AM
RFF

165 posts, read 300,621 times
I'm a little over the mileage that would get me maximum payout. Getting 19k when handing it over in November is really nice. I have a 2012 Jetta that is nearing worn tires and a cracked windshield. There is no need to put more money in this vehicle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Volkswagen