Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Volkswagen
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 11:39 AM

3,146 posts, read 4,101,008 times

Advertisements

I own a 2013 Subaru Outback which I absolutely love.

I was looking at adding a 2017 Outback to the garage but I had read many reviews favorably comparing the VW Alltrack to the Outback, so I decided to test drive one just to satisfy my curiosity.

I must admit I was impressed by the results.

I had forgotten how nice German cars feel on the highway and the Haldex AWD system performed flawlessly on the ice and snow during my test drive on the side streets.

Other than a significantly smaller cabin and lower mpg, I think VW has created a vehicle that is a real challenge to the Outback and has me reevaluating whether or not I should purchase a second Outback.

Has anyone else test driven or purchased an Alltrack?

If so, what are your impressions of the vehicle?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2017, 04:00 PM

628 posts, read 838,102 times
the only good thing about the Alltrack is that it has a more realiable transmission however the outback is more reliable with electronics and engines and has more cargo space

Old 02-16-2017, 04:28 AM

1,594 posts, read 3,573,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwh View Post
the only good thing about the Alltrack is that it has a more realiable transmission however the outback is more reliable with electronics and engines and has more cargo space
Ahh, another CVT victim? After mine snapped at 40k, I swore off em.

Old 02-16-2017, 05:40 AM

628 posts, read 838,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponytrekker View Post
i have a 2016 outback with 20k miles and the cvt transmission failed at 19k so i got it replaced under warranty and stopped using it and bought a Alltrack because of its transmission i still have the outback but im only going to use it if the alltrack breaks
also i had no other issues with the outback and no issues with alltrack at all with 2k miles

Old 02-16-2017, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponytrekker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwh View Post
i have a 2016 outback with 20k miles and the cvt transmission failed at 19k so i got it replaced under warranty and stopped using it and bought a Alltrack because of its transmission i still have the outback but im only going to use it if the alltrack breaks
also i had no other issues with the outback and no issues with alltrack at all with 2k miles
Hmmm.

I've had my Outback for three years and have put over 46,000 miles on it without any CVT issues (or any other issues for that matter).

In fact, I've heard very few complaints regarding CVT issues.

Maybe, you two just picked lemons.

To Qwh: What are your impressions of the Alltrack after 2,000 miles?

Old 02-24-2017, 01:59 PM

Really????

No one has bought or test-driven an Alltrack?

Not one of you would care to share your impression or experience??

Old 03-03-2017, 09:23 AM

9,144 posts, read 14,753,437 times
I recently bought a Sportwagen. Same basic car as the Alltrack, but lower suspension. I like it quite a lot.

Old 03-06-2017, 11:09 AM

Sheriiftruman, could you elaborate on what you like about it?

Old 03-07-2017, 10:43 AM

9,144 posts, read 14,753,437 times
It gets maybe not world beating, but decent mileage while being sporty and has a good amount of room, but is still a relatively small car with decent looks inside and out.

I'm a home inspector and need to be able to carry a ladder sometimes and it has the roof rack and bars. I usually carry a Little Giant fold up ladder day to day and that fits inside no problem, along with a couple bags of tools with room to spare, I don't even need to fold both back seats down. Handles nicely and is sporty enough. We have three medium sized dogs and they love being able to get in it. Plus there are so many things you can do to it. It's basically a regular Golf with a foot added to the back so thousands of parts, both OEM and Aftermarket are shared with varieties of VW Golf and Audi cars and that will go for the Alltrack as well for the most part.

Old 03-07-2017, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
It gets maybe not world beating, but decent mileage while being sporty and has a good amount of room, but is still a relatively small car with decent looks inside and out.

I'm a home inspector and need to be able to carry a ladder sometimes and it has the roof rack and bars. I usually carry a Little Giant fold up ladder day to day and that fits inside no problem, along with a couple bags of tools with room to spare, I don't even need to fold both back seats down. Handles nicely and is sporty enough. We have three medium sized dogs and they love being able to get in it. Plus there are so many things you can do to it. It's basically a regular Golf with a foot added to the back so thousands of parts, both OEM and Aftermarket are shared with varieties of VW Golf and Audi cars and that will go for the Alltrack as well for the most part.
That's the info I'm looking for.

Thank you, Sherifftruman
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Volkswagen