Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Volkswagen
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 01:24 AM

58 posts, read 340,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belinda_Cooperstone1 View Post
Oh yes definitely go to another VW dealer. No dealer will admit to a wrong doing so you will keep paying to have it fixed with the original dealer. Have it reset. that is the only way.

Belinda I hate to say this but I feel that you are giving advice all over this site that, while it may sound good and logical in your mind when you create it, has nothing to do with reality and is thus misleading. I have been correcting your bad, concocted information all over the place. Please, we are here to help each other. Please don't shoot from the hip and plant the seeds of bad ideas in everyone's heads. At least don't do it as it relates to cars, because that's what I know and it's pretty obvious to me and other technicians on the site that you are embarrassing yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2012, 12:59 PM

1 posts, read 842 times
I have a 2004 VW Beetle (the one with Turbo) after driving the car, sometimes it won't start right away.
Sometimes taking up to 30 minutes or so of sitting. Why? It sounds like it wants to start, it's just not turning over.

Old 01-30-2012, 04:24 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,494,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttn235 View Post
I have a 2004 VW Beetle (the one with Turbo) after driving the car, sometimes it won't start right away.
Sometimes taking up to 30 minutes or so of sitting. Why? It sounds like it wants to start, it's just not turning over.
Keep going.

There are two engines in a 2004 VW Beetle that have turbos, if memory serves correct. One is a gasser, one is a diesel.

Your turn.

Old 08-16-2012, 04:22 PM

1 posts, read 778 times
My 04 Beetle did that!
i bought it with 74k miles last july 2011 and around sept 2011 i notice began to kick when shifting and down shifting in gears, I drove it like that. Went to get it checked and i was told either get a rebuilt or it can be the body valve. I never followed thru with it. costing aroun 2-5k to fix it, so today 8/16/12 I was driving and theR RMP would go but not the gas, Its offical my transmission dook a dump. It turns on, Reverses and goes into drive, but doesnt actually give it gas. Ive been reading many complaints with the same issue. Guess this Model/ Transmission is Sour, VW has been one of my worst invenstments.

Old 11-02-2012, 04:57 AM

1 posts, read 754 times
i'am trying to found a price for 2004 vw beetle battery

Old 08-19-2016, 10:29 AM

513 posts, read 736,457 times
Default I'll agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
I'll thank you now.

I have a 97 VW Golf with about 350,000 miles on it. To this day I'd drive it anywhere in the country without the least bit of concern.
One of my sons has an 02 Jetta. He's pushing 100,000 miles. He has done absolutely nothing to it but repair a window regulator.

Anybody that says VWs suck is wrong. SOME VWs suck, but that's true of all automakers.

I have a 2000 Beetle, stick shift, which does need some cosmetic work (paint job, slight body work and headliner/door panel replacements that I can't afford) and that's why I'll be soon selling it. HOWEVER, everything else about this car mechanically has been great; all things considered, I've just had normal things replaced that every car needs now and again, tires, battery, alternator. It's never left me stranded unlike other cars I've owned. When I had trouble with the automatic window regulators, VW dealer never charged me a penny, even though it happened on both windows at separate times. I have the original brakes and transmission. I can't say those things about any other car I've owned, including several American made vehicles.

Old 08-20-2016, 08:32 PM

1,275 posts, read 1,246,293 times
When buying an older Volkswagen, avoid all of them that have the 01M 4-speed automatic transmission. I know they were still using them in the 2003 model year, but in some gas-engine Golfs, Jettas and New Beetles this transmission may have continued into the 2005 and 2006 model years.

There are thousands of otherwise-good VWs in the scrap yards because this particular transmission failed and was too expensive to repair or replace. If you see a VW for sale with a price that seems too good to be true, if it has an automatic transmission then you'll be asking for trouble if you buy it.

Later VWs, 2007 and newer, have much better automatic transmissions. Still, you can't go wrong if you get a VW with a manual gearbox.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Volkswagen