Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2010, 06:45 PM

11 posts, read 31,821 times

Advertisements

Guys I need to go to Nashville, Tennessee on 14th July. I'm really clueless about fares and how to get there. I need an economic commute so I prefer travelling on road or rail than on air. I'll come back the same day as well. Please help me out if you can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2010, 08:49 PM

3,520 posts, read 9,238,926 times
Your easiest highway route is using the Beltway to I-66, taking I-66 out to its end at I-81 near Strasburg, VA, taking I-81 to its end at I-40 in NE Tennessee, and then taking I-40 to Nashville. I suspect this drive one-way will take most of the day, so if you need to go out and back in one day you'll need to fly there. With flying, use kayak.com to find the cheapest airfares. If you do fly, the most convenient airport is DC National, though both Dulles and BWI are options. You can use the Metro to get to National Airport from Rockville (via the Red and Yellow Lines).

I just checked kayak.com for airfares between the DC area and Nashville on 7/14 out and back, setting the DC-Nashville takeoff time as no later than 9 AM and the Nashville-DC return takeoff time as no earlier than 5 PM. There are fares below $300 roundtrip from BWI that involve one stop. All flights from either DC National or DC Dulles are $900+, and any non-stop flights are also over $900.

Old 07-11-2010, 08:58 PM

3,520 posts, read 9,238,926 times
I'll add that you can get to BWI Airport from Rockville via public transit by taking the Metro Red Line to Union Station and then taking the MARC Penn Line to BWI Airport. You can also get to BWI from Rockville by going to Greenbelt via a combination of Metrorail and/or Metrobus and then taking the B30 Metrobus to BWI Airport. Depending on when you return you will want to check to see when both the MARC Penn Line and the B30 Metrobus stop operating for the day. If you get back too late, the SuperShuttle bus could get you home but it will be more expensive (probably $30 or $40 I'd guess).

Old 07-11-2010, 09:30 PM

11 posts, read 31,821 times
Awesome posts CHIP72! Thanks a million! I talked to someone and it so turns out that time is going to be an issue. So I'm thinking about going for air travel. Thanks again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland