Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 11:24 AM

381 posts, read 814,339 times

Advertisements

^I'm not quite sure I got the point of all that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2010, 06:17 AM

377 posts, read 576,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsfanatic View Post
^I'm not quite sure I got the point of all that.
Yes it requres a forensic Bible education. Not depending on hearsay In Hebrew and Koine Greek. Just like the Talmudists said 2000 years ago. Middle Eastern culture.

Old 07-25-2010, 07:08 AM

53 posts, read 157,898 times
So that fact that you can't write in full sentences requires others to learn?

Old 07-26-2010, 03:45 PM

331 posts, read 904,040 times
Can you guys stop ganging up on a 81 year old

Old 07-26-2010, 03:50 PM

2,385 posts, read 4,334,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadedea Jade View Post
i cant believe that still happens. im black and i grew up in a predominantly white/asian neighborhoods on the west coast. i was used to being only 1 in 3 black kids at the school. i never had any racisim towards me (that i am aware of). ever since i moved here ive always had this feeling of segregation in the air. ive also experienced reverse racism here as well, and maybe racism towards me (i still dont know). its crazy that its like this around here. why does everyone hate each other over here so much?? i would of thought, being in the capitol, if anyone had beef with one another it would be politics. but race?!?!?!? really?!?!?!
because when there's only 3 of a race, it's not threatening. When the ratio jumps to 50/50 or greater, then it's seen as threatening because there's a chance that the predominant race could "take over".

or maybe because people have been hurt by the opposing races and take it out on you or are nicer to you (depending on the circumstance).

Old 07-26-2010, 04:01 PM

2,385 posts, read 4,334,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnietspingal View Post
In fact, I heard the grapevine during those 20 years (actually we did move to Ellen Wilson Dwellings which was public housing for whites in the same area) grapevine say "Just wait until we grow up. We're gonna force the whites out of DC". I couldn't blame them for feeling this way. My only wish back then was that they would take advantage of being segregated and learn to read Hebrew in public school.

lol, they sure showed us. The ghettos in DC are a mess, the Anacostia is going to take at least a billion to clean up and AIDS is at an all-time high.

Washington DC is America

Old 07-27-2010, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
lol, they sure showed us. The ghettos in DC are a mess, the Anacostia is going to take at least a billion to clean up and AIDS is at an all-time high.

Washington DC is America
========
I've kept in touch through the years after we moved from the corner of 7th&L St SE to rent a home around 11th St SE and then to Ellen Wilson Dwellings.

The south west corner of the intersection was a grocery store owned by the Catzvah (sp?) with two apartments over it. The Catzva family occupied the second floor and the feds rented from them for us the 3rd floor. Down L st way on same block was the other white family, an Italian family that made the best red pepper bread I've ever tasted, just inside the family. I can still taste it. All before WW2. I have a news article still about the wonderful apartment high-rise they built to replace that corner. The article said that it was being vandalized by the community. Now it's just a lot according to Google Earth. This was all considered during the years as part of Capitol HIll. The grocery store caddy-corner still seems to exist. It's fun walking my early years with Google Earth. Of course there's a high volume roadway right there too.

I would take a walk to the business and bar section, 8th street, and often see President Roosevelt in an open car going to visit his beloved Navy Yard. I used to simply walk to the Marine Barracks (the President's own military band) and watch the sunset drill. Also to listen IIRC on Monday nights inside the concert hall, the Marine Band.

I walked to the Library of Congress to do all my homework while I was still in Junior High. I quickly had outgrown the local library. And there was Friendship House, the community house, where I learned to box and modern dance. Eleanor Roosevelt used to visit us and watch us dance.
Of course, it was segregated but that wasn't my fault. I never understood segregation. Seemed to me always, since I also went to Orthodox Hebrew school on 9th St SE, that that was a Christian Culture thingamajig. I had my own problems because I follow the Jew Moses instead of the Jew Yeshua.

Old 07-27-2010, 08:37 AM

13,650 posts, read 20,777,671 times
Not sure what this (admittedly interesting) story from the FDR era has to do with some poor fella whose was car vandalized in 2010.

There was some anti-Semetic vandalism in Olney last night. Disheartening, but I do not think we are on the cusp of a second Reichstag burning and the passing of the new Nuremburg Laws.

Its helps to keep things in perspective. Those looking for the romance of a Selma Circa 2010 are going to be sorley disapointed.

Old 07-28-2010, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Not sure what this (admittedly interesting) story from the FDR era has to do with some poor fella whose was car vandalized in 2010.

There was some anti-Semetic vandalism in Olney last night. Disheartening, but I do not think we are on the cusp of a second Reichstag burning and the passing of the new Nuremburg Laws.

Its helps to keep things in perspective. Those looking for the romance of a Selma Circa 2010 are going to be sorley disapointed.
If posts discuss black and white as racism only they are being Christian apartheid, not recognizing that racism also includes Moses vs Jesus, Pure and Simple. Then Add Moses vs. Jesus (both Jews which no one will come to terms with) and there's Muhammad and Joseph Smith and Anti-YHWH like the recent pronouncement by the Vatican.

Racism isn't just black and white. It's also pro and anti-Zionists too. Everywhere I turn I hear about Jesus Christ. I'm sick of it, myself. I've learned a Evangelical format myself and have adopted YHWH in four ancient Middle Eastern characters as my main avatar which the Pope in 2008 has banned. At the age of 8 I couldn't understand the black majority where I lived not reading the Bible and knowing that it was Jesus who did all that apartheid stuff in the first place. Those black kids should have been learning Hebrew like I was but they could have done it at public expense. There is an African who was intelligent enough to realize that: it was Chief Kakungulu. He could actually read the entire Christian Bible and figure it all out for himself. Why the African-American Museum doesn't feature him I don't know. It's all about the Abayuda;ya. They are my idea of what an African-American should be. They actually are more educated because they actually read the entire global Bible and figure it all out for themselves. Look them up in the Wikipedia. I think they are being hassled by the Muslims now.

And if you don't think Ground Zero and Capitol Hill haven't been influenced by the Quran in all their daily international and national considerations, then something is irrational about your concept of what is racism.

You resent me trying to Judaize the entire Black Chamber of Commerce and Black Caucus in P.G. County. I simply have learned to use the methods of Evangelicals. So it's ISAAC to the Muslims and it's MOSES to the CHRISTians. And it's Winter Solstice, Summer Solstice, Vernal and Autumnal Equinoxes for the great vacation seasons and tree decorations.

In the 1950's, President General Eisenhower decreed: You are apartheid if you are not "under God" and the official US motto is "In God We Trust".

That's a half century ago in D.C. I am just as important as any black person in owning DC because I lived there too for the first 20 years of my life. I am a DC natural born citizen. My history is as important as yours. Even as important as Senator Cardin's and Representative Hoyer's.

You may be racist yourself I know I am. We each of us love our own birth culture. It has nothing to do with skin color for me. It's all about Jesus Christ in PG County for me. It was the same in Garland, TX.

Old 07-28-2010, 10:13 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,474,745 times
wow
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland