Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 01:35 PM

86 posts, read 240,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaisedWell View Post
You go!!

This is one of the things that really, really irks me about this forum. Why do some assume that the OP is white? I've seen it over and over again here. Black people care about where they live too.

shhhh don't give away our secret lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2010, 09:00 PM

16,284 posts, read 42,962,695 times
Speaking of Bowie....I was looking at Greenbelt/Beltsville/College Park...and saw that there isn't a Barnes and Noble or Borders anywhere in that area...closest place is actually BOWIE!

Which made me think...is that where Greenbelt/Beltsville people go generally...for bookstore and other types of interests? Or does Bowie mostly just attract the people that live further out?

Old 01-20-2016, 09:53 AM

199 posts, read 300,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy7fo View Post
Bowie is as about dangerous as Manhattan during the day...your getting horrible advice. Pockets of PG county can be "tough" but overall it's a good area to live...Blair is a solid h.s. but it's far way from where your living....
Nah Bowie is not da dangerous, if you want talk about dangerous city head to Baltimore that pretty bad there, but they do have some big houses, and some nice houses there just saying.

Old 01-23-2016, 11:05 AM

1,616 posts, read 1,789,889 times
Bowie is Bowieful!

Old 07-29-2017, 05:23 PM

1 posts, read 1,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowian View Post
I have to admit this comment makes me uncomfortable whenever I read it. It's like a little warning: "yoo-hoo, some white people are here! Heave a sigh of relief! And avoid those overwhelming black areas!"

Plus, I didn't recall the OP providing her race. And I don't think Bowie is overwhelmingly white anymore. But I am sure someone will post some stats to prove or disprove this.

All that being said, I have found Bowie to be an overall really safe, really nice place. I've heard mixed things about Bowie High School, but the good news has outweighed the not-so-good.
Bowie is predominantly a black rich city. It's the richest in pg county. It's plenty of whites there but like I said before it's predominantly a black city

Old 07-30-2017, 09:26 PM

4,357 posts, read 4,192,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deydey View Post
Bowie is predominantly a black rich city. It's the richest in pg county. It's plenty of whites there but like I said before it's predominantly a black city
Depends on where in Bowie, the old north Bowie has one of the larger working middle class white populations left in the DMV. And to OP 95% of Bowie is completely safe, only iffy areas are some of the older run down town homes just south of Allen Pond. Even those areas aren't really that bad just a little run down and some crime.

Old 07-31-2017, 01:05 PM

1,616 posts, read 1,789,889 times
Bowie has its moments. Even laurel got its pockets worse then bowie. But overall its a nice city.

Old 07-31-2017, 02:23 PM

7,070 posts, read 9,492,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deydey View Post
Not according to BET's latest rankings.

See the 10 Most Affluent African-American Neighborhoods in America

https://www.google.com/search?q=10+M...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Old 07-31-2017, 02:26 PM

1,196 posts, read 2,922,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post

That BET list is kind of suspect- Friendly Maryland is the same as Fort Washington-

and Woodmore is a community not an actual town/city within Mitchellville. Matter of fact, Kettering and Mitchellville are pretty much the same thing as well.

Old 07-31-2017, 02:35 PM

7,070 posts, read 9,492,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cool rob View Post
That BET list is kind of suspect- Friendly Maryland is the same as Fort Washington-

and Woodmore is a community not an actual town/city within Mitchellville. Matter of fact, Kettering and Mitchellville are pretty much the same thing as well.
I agree. But Bowie is not mentioned in any of them. That's the point as we driving at. As a matter of fact, I've never heard Bowie mentioned in any of these lists besides being an overall nice place to live for all races.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland