U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-01-2010, 01:41 PM

28 posts, read 23,426 times

Advertisements

My husband and I and our 2 year old need to move out of PA and into MD because he works in DC. I have been doing extensive research online on housing. I like Arnold and Annapolis, however I didn't find anything I like in the 300k range. I found many houses I liked for 300k in Pasadena which seems so close to these areas. Why is it so much cheaper? I looked on a school rating websites and the schools seem to be rated well. Any insights please! I am looking for a nice place to raise my children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2010, 06:02 PM

53 posts, read 99,282 times
Mostly blue collar middle class areas. Some rougher patches but as long as you are within the Chesapeake High School feeder system boundaries you should be alright.

Old 08-01-2010, 06:25 PM

48 posts, read 103,163 times
It has a rural feel to it. Some of the homes on the tributaries are nice.

I believe $300k buys a lot of home in arnold/annapolis.

Old 08-01-2010, 09:42 PM

53 posts, read 99,282 times
I second the preference for arnold. Also check out Cape St. Claire ( Zip 21409)

Old 11-15-2010, 10:15 AM

63 posts, read 197,307 times
Pasadena seems to encompass a pretty large area. I am "Pasadena", but show up as "Green Haven" on a map. The neighborhoods vary very wildly, and I have found a large mix-match of houses even in the same neighborhood. There is one street, 214th I think, which looks like W. VA backwoods on one end, and then nice current-model homes on the other, crazy. I would rate Pasadena overall as a nice place to live, but you really need to check out the neighborhood you are looking to move in to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland