U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 08:04 AM

331 posts, read 762,291 times

Advertisements

This thread is racist, as well as some of these comments and I hardly ever scream racist.

Seems like almost everything is targeting blacks and latinos. I guess everyone expects PG county of to be a dumping ground of some sort for people of lower income.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2010, 10:04 AM

1,312 posts, read 4,197,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denton56 View Post
Montgomery County is filled with liberals who love that. They want more poor people and more illegals. It makes them feel good to pay higher taxes to support all those needy people. Heck, they've even made the county a sanctuary county for illegals and providing all the services that then need. The demographics are changing because the county is welcoming them! Those of us who live in VA are more than happy to direct the poor and illegals to Maryland!

The sad part is that MoCo has high taxes, yet the county government has broken the union contracts with fire and police...did you all realize there have been no pay raises in over a year? Heading closer to 2 years now. The teachers union fought and somehow won so they still have a union contract that's honored, but the county doesn't feel that fire and police count. County employees can barely afford to live in the county. We left 2.5 years ago and our quality of life has improved drastically. It was well worth a long commute--at least since it's 24 hours at a time, it's not every day.

Old 09-16-2010, 10:54 AM

239 posts, read 764,274 times
Every poster who tries to discourage discussion on a controversal topic by throwing out the race card should be banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avtomat Kalashnikova View Post
This thread is racist, as well as some of these comments and I hardly ever scream racist.

Seems like almost everything is targeting blacks and latinos. I guess everyone expects PG county of to be a dumping ground of some sort for people of lower income.

Old 09-16-2010, 02:16 PM

11,324 posts, read 16,887,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RestonRunner86 View Post
There's plenty of room for y'all across the Potomac!
From what I have seen its much the same.

Old 09-16-2010, 08:59 PM

182 posts, read 312,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Outcast View Post
Every poster who tries to discourage discussion on a controversal topic by throwing out the race card should be banned!
Don't think they should be necessarily banned, but they certainly should be called on it. Crying "racism" is a convenient way to avoid admitting some of the negative consequences when masses of low-income people move into an area. And factually, of course, such folk are more likely to be minority.

Now I believe economically disadvantaged folks (no matter what their race, color or creed) have as much right to seek out decent housing as anyone else. But, being poor or minority is no excuse for engaging in antisocial, obnoxious behavior that infringes on the rights of your neighbors (just as being rich is no excuse).

When my condo project started going downhill, I didn't give a rat's ass whether the people causing problems were white, black, brown, yellow, or green with purple stripes. It's what they did that bothered me, not who they were.

Sorry, but I just didn't like that some people were throwing garbage and trash on the parking lot, they were not paying their condo fees, they were hanging their wet laundry on the common-element bushes so it could dry in the sun, they were storing lots of ugly junk on their balconies and patios, and were throwing loud drunken parties in the parking lot at 2 am in the morning. Not good for the peace of mind of those who were following the rules and not good for property values.

And like it or not, these problems increased as more low-income people moved into the project. That's not racism or bigotry, it's a fact.

It's hard for me to think of these perpetrators as downtrodden victims of prejudice and injustice. I don't feel a bit like a racist because I wanted to get out of there. So glad I did.

Old 09-23-2010, 10:29 AM

184 posts, read 105,558 times
Let's lock up all the poor people in work camps like NY senate candidate Paladino wants to do.

Old 09-23-2010, 06:18 PM

4,582 posts, read 7,663,131 times
You wouldn't have to lock the camp. So long as they showed to work during the day they could go home at night. That is what most people do....it is called a job
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland