U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2010, 03:48 AM

377 posts, read 483,072 times

Advertisements

It's a different "feel". I thought I'd never be in MoCo again since my return to the Metro area from 15 years in Garland, Dallas, TX. However the second week in July, I was being buried alive in my apartment in Calverton because of disarray of every single piece of paper and books. I decided to reorganize my books first. Then I thought, the real effort requires outside help. So it occurred to me I'd have to box everything I own and start over. So then I realized I'm due for an increase of rent in September. Also the bullying of the younger generation was keeping my dog and me inside our apartment 24x7 for the past year. It's time to move into an adult community so I could walk my dog whenever we wanted to.
Besides reorganizing is expensive. I lucked out, called my son-in-law's sister as my real estate agent. My daughter and I liked the very first condo in Leisure World of Maryland and as of 9/6, just became overnight a sole MoCo resident.

There's a difference in culture crossing the PG/MoCo boundary. A whole new list of politicians to get adjusted to. Gone is Steny Hoyer. I'm Independent so I can't vote in the Primaries. Not only is this move a County move but a life changing move because it's an all over fifties world. So it's different than anything I've ever experienced in my 81 years. The Adult Community experience supersedes even the County change in getting adjusted.

Therefore my postings in City Data will no longer apply because legally and financially a lot has changed since 9/5. I am no longer a tenant, I'm back to being a landlady and my sole tenant is me and Baruch (Spinoza), my toy poodle who is groomed like a bichon frise. Galileo my very first dog was a Bichon-Frise/Westie (but all BF).

The four years I spent as a tenant in PG County (near the MoCo border) helped me to live in a multiresidential environment with my dog, so being a condo owner for the first time in my life isn't that traumatic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2010, 07:43 AM

1,831 posts, read 3,732,962 times
Good for you, and best of luck to you in your new home.

Old 09-24-2010, 09:23 PM

331 posts, read 759,357 times
wow 81 years old, I hope I'll live to be even half of that....

Best of luck though

Old 09-25-2010, 03:48 AM

377 posts, read 483,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avtomat Kalashnikova View Post
wow 81 years old, I hope I'll live to be even half of that....

Best of luck though
Boy, that was me when I was your age. I always took history seriously as a life model. At Hine Jr. High in D.C. we learned that the early Americans lived to be 30 YO, especially females. That haunted me the rest of my life. Another thing that haunted me is that they said when we got to be adults, the prediction was that 1 out of 20 would suffer mental illness.

I was put on temporary mental disability on the job, which I turned into
Education in Conflict Management. That's exactly how it turned out to be. No such thing as a free education. You have to suffer to learn the truth
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland