U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of the National Harbor in PG County?
I love it! It is fantastic!!! 10 17.54%
It's OK, and should get better as the economy recovers! 18 31.58%
It could be better...a whole LOT better. 22 38.60%
They should rename it "National Disaster". 7 12.28%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2016, 09:28 AM

520 posts, read 815,608 times

Advertisements

NH_Res, I was not mad before but you are honestly getting me to that point. You started out with direct assaults calling me a national disaster, which I could've reported but did not. Now, it's sarcasm about writing an essay... nobody asked you to read it, but obviously you wanted to. There are other platforms such as Twitter with 240 character limits for quicker reading. Finally, putting caps on "ASSuming" and making negative comments further exhibits whose mad in this respect.

Again, you are 5+ years too late with your comments; this thread was started years ago and you are commenting on a present-state that was not realized when we opened this thread. However, some concerns still remain. The businesses have changed over that time and other logistics. It is a great place. Again, your comments are too late. But, junior members tend to make these mistakes.

Again, let the thread die and move on. There is another thread that supersedes this one that is a lot more current, uplifting and constructive in my humble opinion.

It is easy to sling personal attacks via PC. But, if you've got time today stop by Tanger around noon-ish and re-iterate these comments in person. Let's be mature and respectful of other people's opinions and not get wrapped up in tomfoolery. I respect your opinion to say "AJ, I disagree and you are wrong because..." and keep it moving. Nat_Res, I respect and agree with some of what you have said. But, I won't tolerate the disrespect. Let's grow up.

In closing, I wish you well in NH - it is a beautiful community, now. Hopefully, I can find a way to close this thread so no one else comes along, 5 years later, and talks from a current-state perspective without having the history the original posters had. Be well. Go live your life and enjoy, my friend. I'm sure we are all pulling for the same common goal, not only county-wide, but state-wide, country-wide and globally as well.

Go in peace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2016, 09:51 AM

34 posts, read 16,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajsmith365 View Post
NH_Res, I was not mad before but you are honestly getting me to that point. You started out with direct assaults calling me a national disaster, which I could've reported but did not. Now, it's sarcasm about writing an essay... nobody asked you to read it, but obviously you wanted to. There are other platforms such as Twitter with 240 character limits for quicker reading. Finally, putting caps on "ASSuming" and making negative comments further exhibits whose mad in this respect.

Again, you are 5+ years too late with your comments; this thread was started years ago and you are commenting on a present-state that was not realized when we opened this thread. However, some concerns still remain. The businesses have changed over that time and other logistics. It is a great place. Again, your comments are too late. But, junior members tend to make these mistakes.

Again, let the thread die and move on. There is another thread that supersedes this one that is a lot more current, uplifting and constructive in my humble opinion.

It is easy to sling personal attacks via PC. But, if you've got time today stop by Tanger around noon-ish and re-iterate these comments in person. Let's be mature and respectful of other people's opinions and not get wrapped up in tomfoolery. I respect your opinion to say "AJ, I disagree and you are wrong because..." and keep it moving. Nat_Res, I respect and agree with some of what you have said. But, I won't tolerate the disrespect. Let's grow up.

In closing, I wish you well in NH - it is a beautiful community, now. Hopefully, I can find a way to close this thread so no one else comes along, 5 years later, and talks from a current-state perspective without having the history the original posters had. Be well. Go live your life and enjoy, my friend. I'm sure we are all pulling for the same common goal, not only county-wide, but state-wide, country-wide and globally as well.

Go in peace.

AJ or Hypocrite,

1) The term National Diaster was actually your terminology, so report yourself.
2) ASSuming, asSuming, assuming is the same word no matter which letters are capitalized, please use Webster to confirm it.
3) You threatening to fight me in Tangler parking lot will end you in jail. Who will then take care of your four (4) children and the baby/babies Momma's (I guess welfare).
4) If the forum is "dead", we'll be quiet about it and stop replying. You may need anger management class, I hope your family members safe.

That's all Sir,
God Bless You

Old 11-04-2016, 10:04 AM

90 posts, read 76,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NH_Resident1984 View Post
They have multiple bus lines (NH1/NH2). If you can't afford the Harbor don't complain about it, just get a better job....

PS

Why is 666 behind your name������

I have a decent job. Im a teacher.

Old 11-04-2016, 10:22 AM

520 posts, read 815,608 times
My offer still stands... Tanger... I'm leaving now.

This shows that you are reading too fast and so emotional that you are mis-interpreting what is communicated to you.

First, off, I never said I had 4 kids. Mis-interpretation #1.
2nd, I never accused you of mis-using the word "assuming", but we both know your presentation of the word "assuming" as "ASSuming" was done as a deliberate, personal shot.
Your child count is wrong.
No welfare.
1 spouse.

We are caught in a continuous loop... you reply, I reply. But, truly this is my last reply. So, I'll let you get the last word.

But, your biggest mis-interpretation was that you took the term "national disaster" out of context. The thread ASKs the question "is it a National Disaster"; it did not PROCLAIM that it was. My 8+ year old responses throughout the thread exhibited by disappointment, but I stated a few times that there was hope and that it was getting better. The poll response categories are barometers - and unfortunately in a poll not every response option can be "it's fantastic". I did not force anyone to choose the highly negative category (..."National Disaster") or the highly uplifting one ("It's fantastic"). Everyone needs to stop taking a criticism on a development you don't own as a personal attack. If you are fine with it, just agree to disagree, civilly, and move on.

And, all of your "Sirs" and "God bless you's" don't account for the disrespect you continue to throw at me, virtually, when you have the opportunity to do it in person; thus, the Tanger offer. But, your comments about assuming my welfare status, promiscuity, lack of responsibleness in sexual practices, and inferences to multiple parental situations is so disheartening and shows me the prejudices that you have and your maturity level.

Go in peace. I have spent more time on City Data in the past 12 hours than I've spent in the past year.

Let's shut this down. Adelphi_Sky has a beautiful thread on the wonderful things that the NH complex has on its horizon. Please, use that platform as a way to build on NH's current state and not focus on this antiquated thread.

Regards.

Old 11-04-2016, 10:29 AM

14 posts, read 7,118 times
NH_Resident1984, You must understand that the hater that started this subject is obviously a Maryland hater from the other side of the potomac river.

Old 11-04-2016, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajsmith365 View Post
My offer still stands... Tanger... I'm leaving now.

This shows that you are reading too fast and so emotional that you are mis-interpreting what is communicated to you.

First, off, I never said I had 4 kids. Mis-interpretation #1.
2nd, I never accused you of mis-using the word "assuming", but we both know your presentation of the word "assuming" as "ASSuming" was done as a deliberate, personal shot.
Your child count is wrong.
No welfare.
1 spouse.

We are caught in a continuous loop... you reply, I reply. But, truly this is my last reply. So, I'll let you get the last word.

But, your biggest mis-interpretation was that you took the term "national disaster" out of context. The thread ASKs the question "is it a National Disaster"; it did not PROCLAIM that it was. My 8+ year old responses throughout the thread exhibited by disappointment, but I stated a few times that there was hope and that it was getting better. The poll response categories are barometers - and unfortunately in a poll not every response option can be "it's fantastic". I did not force anyone to choose the highly negative category (..."National Disaster") or the highly uplifting one ("It's fantastic"). Everyone needs to stop taking a criticism on a development you don't own as a personal attack. If you are fine with it, just agree to disagree, civilly, and move on.

And, all of your "Sirs" and "God bless you's" don't account for the disrespect you continue to throw at me, virtually, when you have the opportunity to do it in person; thus, the Tanger offer. But, your comments about assuming my welfare status, promiscuity, lack of responsibleness in sexual practices, and inferences to multiple parental situations is so disheartening and shows me the prejudices that you have and your maturity level.

Go in peace. I have spent more time on City Data in the past 12 hours than I've spent in the past year.

Let's shut this down. Adelphi_Sky has a beautiful thread on the wonderful things that the NH complex has on its horizon. Please, use that platform as a way to build on NH's current state and not focus on this antiquated thread.

Regards.

I know how you look and you work(ed) for the Federal government with the attempted Obamacare. Sir, calm down because I will not fight you over internet postings. Instead of fighting, go fix all those issues with Obamacare.

God bless

Last edited by NH_Resident1984; 11-04-2016 at 11:05 AM..

Old 11-06-2016, 07:49 PM

4 posts, read 2,394 times
This thread had some interesting points on both sides. The thing I didn't like, is the fact after 2 years, a poll is made on whether or not, a new development is a "national disaster". That seems a bit shortsighted. For instance:
"The original rendering had people swimming and jet-skiing on the nasty ---ed Potomac river...well, I knew that wasn't going to happen."

That has actually happened. It happens every wknd in fact. [URL]https://www.nationalharbor.com/waveone-open-water-swimming/[/URL]

" they have recently announced they are collaborating with Tanger to bring an outlet mall there in 2013 (will probably be more like 2018)."
It actually happened in 2013. Why the negative thought? This is the stuff that plagues the county.

Someone else made a great point about, the county voting against the Harbor. That is a true statement. but now that its taking shape, folks want in. You cant look at a mls for a new home in Ft Wash or Oxon Hill, without them mentioning, "minutes from National Harbor". Just saying.

As for the houses being gated, isn't Woodmore gated? I drive to Walter Reed Hospital daily, and I see plenty of gated neighborhoods. Whats the big deal?
As for placing the Tanger stores at the Harbor proper, I don't see the need. The current design spreads the traffic out a bit. If those same 60+ stores were in the Harbor, it would be a traffic nightmare.

As for the eateries, there is plenty of variety for everyone. The threadstarter made some valid points, but some of them were offbase. I mean, whats the big deal with not having a lot of street parking? Ever been to Old Town? Its not a lot there either. Or in DC. Sometimes you get lucky, other times you have to find a garage.

Old 11-07-2016, 06:28 AM

5,586 posts, read 6,368,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG Supporter View Post

As for the eateries, there is plenty of variety for everyone. The threadstarter made some valid points, but some of them were offbase. I mean, whats the big deal with not having a lot of street parking? Ever been to Old Town? Its not a lot there either. Or in DC. Sometimes you get lucky, other times you have to find a garage.
You won't find a lot of street parking in Downtown Silver Spring either. I park in the garages first without even considering trying to find street parking.

Old 11-10-2016, 02:03 PM

2,790 posts, read 2,151,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NH_Resident1984 View Post
AJ or Hypocrite,

1) The term National Diaster was actually your terminology, so report yourself.
2) ASSuming, asSuming, assuming is the same word no matter which letters are capitalized, please use Webster to confirm it.
3) You threatening to fight me in Tangler parking lot will end you in jail. Who will then take care of your four (4) children and the baby/babies Momma's (I guess welfare).
4) If the forum is "dead", we'll be quiet about it and stop replying. You may need anger management class, I hope your family members safe.

That's all Sir,
God Bless You
I have been following and I will admit NH_Resident, you Mad.. Get a grip and pipe down. You are too emotional. You are making things up as nobody is asking you to fight. You are a very dangerous person.

Old 11-12-2016, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
I have been following and I will admit NH_Resident, you Mad.. Get a grip and pipe down. You are too emotional. You are making things up as nobody is asking you to fight. You are a very dangerous person.
That's so sweet, thanks sweetheart. :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland