Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 08:19 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,986,059 times

Advertisements

How did you like it? What time of day did you go and was it crowded?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2010, 10:45 AM

884 posts, read 2,642,395 times
I went there yesterday close to 7pm and it was very busy. I heard it was jam packed earlier in the day. If you have been to the store in Sterling it is similar. Its a nice store.

Old 10-25-2010, 11:36 AM

10,612 posts, read 12,129,422 times
Curious about comments. I love Wegmans, and hope it does well. It should because Wegmans are great stores. But that one's too far to be my supermarket.

A friend who works near there says she drove past yesterday (opening day) and even the road to turn into the shopping center was packed. Lights were put on blink so traffic could keep moving. She say a man had who went said it was PACKED. (as I like to say 'like ants on melted popsicle.') All cashiers open, lines up the aisles. He said he and others just left their carts because they didn't have time to wait.

She also said some people were wondering why they opened on a Sunday, instead of the Saturday, to have the entire weekend to do boffo business.

Old 10-25-2010, 12:59 PM

520 posts, read 1,006,648 times
I just went today @ 12:20-ish for lunch to scope it out (my wife was curious and wanted me to do INTEL as we have never been in one).

The place was very nice, and seems like a different concept - from what I know - of a grocery store. This will make the other stores step up...they have to. I saw a sushi bar, food being cooked and prepared, an eatery. They had the new Coke machines that allow you to mix various Coke products. It was great. Too bad I couldn't buy anything (too crowded and I had to get back).

The down side was that it was JAM PACKED. I couldn't even walk around in there. It's new and people are scoping it out, but maybe you have to go when they open (6am) or before they close at midnight to beat the crowds. Lunch...forgetaboutit.

On another note, I did not know Woodmore Towne Centre was going to be that big. They are going to have a whole heap of stores over in there.

Old 10-25-2010, 01:54 PM

Yeah here goes a list of all the stores that are supposed to be there at that shopping center:
Wegmans
Costco – Opening Oct. 26
Best Buy – Now open
JCPenney – opening spring of 2011
Petco
PNC Bank
Sleepy's Mattress
T-Mobile
Noodles and Co.
Subway
Hour Eyes
Woodmore Wine
Irie Café
Centre Cleaners

My wife and I will go there in a few weeks after the hype has simmered some. It's crazy because this has turned out to be a huge deal in this area. There have been news reports for days on this. I'm also very disheartened by the racists comments people have made about this shopping center on the Washington Post and WTOP websites. I know this is near Landover Mall and everything but can people give this a chance at least. I agree that crime is awful around PG, but it seems like the county is taking measures to prevent the same from happening here. The police will have a substation in the shopping center so I believe that is a step in the right direction since it took them until March of this year to put one in the Blvd. If the store continues this success then I believe this is going to change the way high-end businesses view PG County.

Old 10-25-2010, 03:53 PM

2,330 posts, read 4,402,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meatkins View Post
Yeah here goes a list of all the stores that are supposed to be there at that shopping center:
Wegmans
Costco – Opening Oct. 26
Best Buy – Now open
JCPenney – opening spring of 2011
Petco
PNC Bank
Sleepy's Mattress
T-Mobile
Noodles and Co.
Subway
Hour Eyes
Woodmore Wine
Irie Café
Centre Cleaners

My wife and I will go there in a few weeks after the hype has simmered some. It's crazy because this has turned out to be a huge deal in this area. There have been news reports for days on this. I'm also very disheartened by the racists comments people have made about this shopping center on the Washington Post and WTOP websites. I know this is near Landover Mall and everything but can people give this a chance at least. I agree that crime is awful around PG, but it seems like the county is taking measures to prevent the same from happening here. The police will have a substation in the shopping center so I believe that is a step in the right direction since it took them until March of this year to put one in the Blvd. If the store continues this success then I believe this is going to change the way high-end businesses view PG County.
Are you sure those negative comments were based out of racism and not Maryland Hatred and Jealousy from people south/west of the Potomac River?????????

Old 10-25-2010, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by $mk8795 View Post
Are you sure those negative comments were based out of racism and not Maryland Hatred and Jealousy from people south/west of the Potomac River?????????
When people say we're killing each other over fried chicken, or we're going to have a bunch of obese black women going to the store, do you think that qualifies as racist?

Old 10-25-2010, 04:50 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,474,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by $mk8795 View Post
No I read the article. Very racist comments. Apparently they dont have moderators on wtop.

Old 10-25-2010, 06:11 PM

1,831 posts, read 4,435,411 times
On the WTOP comment boards, using someone's death as an opportunity to state "Darwinism at its best" is what passes for intelligent discourse. So stupid commentary there regarding welfare queens at Wegman's doesn't surprise me at all.

I haven't been to Wegman's yet. I will try to go when some of the hype subsides. But I'm glad it's here.

Old 10-26-2010, 10:50 AM

331 posts, read 1,198,229 times
I can't wait to go! They mailed out all of these advertisements and then a weekly coupon book. I'm excited!

Yes, the store is located next to the low income areas but it's also right next to the areas I can only dream to live. I think it's a wonderful addition to the county and much needed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland