U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-28-2010, 05:18 PM
 
Location: Hyattsville, MD
304 posts, read 625,735 times
Reputation: 300

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayayards View Post
I,m looking at arbor vista apts how are they?
No offense, but at this point, it's coming across that you are just lazy and want people to spoon feed you info you can obtain yourself. I already gave you the website to apartmentratings.com. If you can't find decent reviews on there, GOOGLE the apartment and its city, and you should be able to find a wealth of information.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-28-2010, 05:32 PM
 
Location: PRINCE GEORGES/MONTGOMERY
175 posts, read 589,277 times
Reputation: 56
Your right I won't ask you guys anymore, I just felt I needed a certain amount of info to be satisfied, I wil do more research,

Thanks for all your help!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2011, 11:08 PM
 
22 posts, read 85,965 times
Reputation: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayayards View Post
Hello i'm new to the forum, but am wondering how living in Langley is. I know it's diverse, i go down there a lot on the way to CP but want to think about renting down there someday, how are Quebec arms, and what kind of apts are available there? Are there drivebys and stuff? Don't know. I like the area but don't know much.

Please update me thanks!
I've been around the block and I would go as far as saying Langley Park is the most dangerous place I've been to. A lot of crime there isn't reported, hardly any police presence. At least in Compton or Camden you have a chance. Stay away at all costs.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2011, 06:35 PM
 
Location: PRINCE GEORGES/MONTGOMERY
175 posts, read 589,277 times
Reputation: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex24057 View Post
I've been around the block and I would go as far as saying Langley Park is the most dangerous place I've been to. A lot of crime there isn't reported, hardly any police presence. At least in Compton or Camden you have a chance. Stay away at all costs.
You obviously havent been to suitland silver hill at night, or carmody hills, or even parts of SE dc. Langley is nothing compared to some other areas, in my opinion its just another wheaton.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2011, 09:16 PM
 
Location: PG County, MD
303 posts, read 1,021,900 times
Reputation: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayayards View Post
You obviously havent been to suitland silver hill at night, or carmody hills, or even parts of SE dc. Langley is nothing compared to some other areas, in my opinion its just another wheaton.
Based on your post, I get the impression that you haven't been to those areas either. the only people who refer to Suitland as "Suitland-Silver Hill" are the Census Bureau, and that was only for the 2000 Census. People just call it Suitland.

Carmody Hills is in the Peppermill neighborhood, but again, people in the area tend to just call it either Capitol Heights or Seat Pleasant. And personally, I'd rather walk around there at night than in Langley Park. In that neighborhood, the only area with a consistent violent crime problem is Central Gardens, as opposed to Langley Park, which is almost entirely full of rundown apartment complexes. For example, 3 people have already been murdered in Langley Park this year. No one has been in PepperMill.

Last edited by PGC301; 03-08-2011 at 09:50 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2011, 05:15 PM
 
Location: PRINCE GEORGES/MONTGOMERY
175 posts, read 589,277 times
Reputation: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGC301 View Post
Based on your post, I get the impression that you haven't been to those areas either. the only people who refer to Suitland as "Suitland-Silver Hill" are the Census Bureau, and that was only for the 2000 Census. People just call it Suitland.

Carmody Hills is in the Peppermill neighborhood, but again, people in the area tend to just call it either Capitol Heights or Seat Pleasant. And personally, I'd rather walk around there at night than in Langley Park. In that neighborhood, the only area with a consistent violent crime problem is Central Gardens, as opposed to Langley Park, which is almost entirely full of rundown apartment complexes. For example, 3 people have already been murdered in Langley Park this year. No one has been in PepperMill.
Sorry, sorry.....
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2011, 07:07 PM
 
26 posts, read 26,839 times
Reputation: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGC301 View Post
Based on your post, I get the impression that you haven't been to those areas either. the only people who refer to Suitland as "Suitland-Silver Hill" are the Census Bureau, and that was only for the 2000 Census. People just call it Suitland.

Carmody Hills is in the Peppermill neighborhood, but again, people in the area tend to just call it either Capitol Heights or Seat Pleasant. And personally, I'd rather walk around there at night than in Langley Park. In that neighborhood, the only area with a consistent violent crime problem is Central Gardens, as opposed to Langley Park, which is almost entirely full of rundown apartment complexes. For example, 3 people have already been murdered in Langley Park this year. No one has been in PepperMill.


Huh? Langley park is bad but parts of S.E. and like du said above suitland are worse. You must not get out much or your a wimp. I think its both.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2011, 08:32 PM
 
Location: PG County, MD
303 posts, read 1,021,900 times
Reputation: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by FilthyRich View Post
Huh? Langley park is bad but parts of S.E. and like du said above suitland are worse. You must not get out much or your a wimp. I think its both.
1) I didn't say anything about SE.

2) Some parts of Suitland are pretty rough, some parts arent. A girl I used to go out with lived on Shadyside right off Pennsylvania Ave and I never had any problem in her neighborhood, day or night. Most of the 'bad' areas are the apartment complexes. Like I already said, Langley Park is nothing but apartment complexes, and like someone else said, they're dirty.

3) When I used to work for Safeway, I covered shifts at the Seat Pleasant store all the time. Never had a problem at the store, or walking over to the Addison Road station. Personally, I feel more comfortable in that area than I do in Langley Park. That's just my opinion. I couldn't care less if your 'hood' is 'harder' than Langley Park or anywhere else. It doesn't affect my life one way or another.

See? That's how you have a discussion without name calling.

Last edited by PGC301; 03-09-2011 at 08:44 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-10-2011, 04:50 PM
 
26 posts, read 26,839 times
Reputation: 18
Lmao all the hoods you named that you feel "safe" in are worse than Langley Park
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-10-2011, 05:10 PM
 
Location: PRINCE GEORGES/MONTGOMERY
175 posts, read 589,277 times
Reputation: 56
Really guys??? Someone on here is trying to start an argument.......
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top