U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-21-2011, 03:14 PM

6 posts, read 10,563 times
Default Vehicle inspection questions/recommendations?

I've read through some old threads here on this topic, so apologies for the new post. But the only specific recommendations I found were a couple years old... which may still be good but wanted to check for something more recent.

I've got a car with pretty low mileage and in good working order, but with a bit of body damage (I managed to smash the right fender against a wall during last year's snowpocalypse and never got it fixed). As far as I'm concerned, it's nothing that impacts the "safety" of the car (lights are unbroken, etc.), but from all that I've read about the rigor of a MD inspection, I'm afraid it might have to be fixed to pass.

So, two questions:

Anybody know whether body damage is a fail-able offense during this inspection?

And does anybody have an HONEST, reliable shop/mechanic to recommend for the inspection and/or repairs anywhere near Bethesda?

Thanks much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2011, 03:24 PM

175 posts, read 303,723 times
Default here

I went through bethesda once on my way to dc, and i went to this place

River Road Auto Service Texaco
5151 River Road, Bethesda, MD 20816

they do everything you need as far as inspections and repairs.

Old 01-21-2011, 03:27 PM

783 posts, read 1,517,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayayards View Post
I went through bethesda once on my way to dc, and i went to this place

River Road Auto Service Texaco
5151 River Road, Bethesda, MD 20816

they do everything you need as far as inspections and repairs.
I've used that place before, but it was in the late 90's. Have you seen how expensive gas is in Potomac?.

I can recommend an extremely honest outfit, but they're in Columia MD. Let me know if you need the info'.

Old 01-21-2011, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyc View Post
I've used that place before, but it was in the late 90's. Have you seen how expensive gas is in Potomac?.

I can recommend an extremely honest outfit, but they're in Columia MD. Let me know if you need the info'.
A drive to Columbia would be well worth it to find someone trustworthy, I think. Would very much appreciate the info.

Old 01-21-2011, 03:42 PM

175 posts, read 303,723 times
Quote:

I don't need to know, like i said i only drove to bethesda to get to dc, i never even spend a single cent around there or i'd be living on the streets the next day. I really can't stand the place.. no offense to anyone...

anyway, theres a couple of vehicle inspections/repairs in rockville, just look up "vehicle repairs/inspection MD" in google maps, and they'll give you a bunch of shops.I really don't know of any since I usually take the bus.

Old 01-21-2011, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayayards View Post
I don't need to know, like i said i only drove to bethesda to get to dc, i never even spend a single cent around there or i'd be living on the streets the next day. I really can't stand the place.. no offense to anyone...

anyway, theres a couple of vehicle inspections/repairs in rockville, just look up "vehicle repairs/inspection MD" in google maps, and they'll give you a bunch of shops.I really don't know of any since I usually take the bus.
I know how to use Google Maps; thanks. The post was asking for recommendations of places folks have actually used for this purpose.

Old 01-21-2011, 10:01 PM

783 posts, read 1,517,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudernet View Post
A drive to Columbia would be well worth it to find someone trustworthy, I think. Would very much appreciate the info.
Here r some of the shop reviews...

Dobbin Auto Repair

Dobbin Auto Repair - Columbia, MD

And the website.....

Dobbin Auto Repair: Full Service Auto Repair for Both Foreign and Domestic Vehciles

Old 01-22-2011, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Many thanks. Will be scheduling an inspection there soon!

Old 01-23-2011, 04:53 PM

57 posts, read 100,729 times
I highly recommend White Flint Auto Repair in Rockville. Very nice folks, very honest. Took my wifes car in there for new brakes, was told it was just dust and I still have well over a years worth of brake life left. (and no, I don't work there, I just like this place and wouldn't go anywhere else)

Old 02-01-2011, 04:07 PM

49 posts, read 97,610 times
I recommend Dave's in Williamsport. My hubby took our car to a big company here locally and they wanted to charge him $500+ for break damages. They wanted to charge us $75 for the stickers we had in the back window of the SUV, which were not impairing the visual pathway at all. I paid them the $70 and took my car to Dave's on Virginia Avenue. My car passed inspection and the brakes were not a problem. Dave said they will need to be replaced in the near future, but that they were still good. So, who do you think I'm going to take my SUV to for the work on the breaks? The honest guy: Dave. This is a mom and pop shop and they are extremely nice and helpful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland