Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2011, 11:46 PM

2,330 posts, read 4,402,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDAllstar View Post
Maryland is becoming more and more diverse. Maryland is going to become more and more democratic every year. Democrats win in land slides in this state in the population centers. Have you checked the democratic leaders for Maryland lately. They out number republicans 4-1. Black, Asian, and Hispanic people make up almost half of the population and that number is rising every year. Liberal white people make up the other half of the population. This state will remain democratic at epic proportions. They will raise the gas tax and the state will become more and more urban. Widening I-270 is not a priority for the state. The light rail lines red line (Baltimore), purple line (DC), Corridor Cities Transit way (Gaithersburg) are the priorities and will be built before anything else is touched. You can Mark that down. When has transit ever stopped in this country? LOL....you are delusional. Dallas, Houston, Charlotte, L.A., Miami, etc. are all building transit and not roads. This is not 1950. Catch up with my age group.
You can paint lip stick on a pig all you wish but as the day changes so do the tax paying people of Maryland. The ethnic population is catching on to the tricks and BS Schemes that the Dems have used on the Blacks and Browns just so that they can keep the cushion jobs(sucking up tax dollars and not giving back to the people of the state) and resistance will become the end result best believe that........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2011, 10:16 AM

13,727 posts, read 15,760,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by $mk8795 View Post
You can paint lip stick on a pig all you wish but as the day changes so do the tax paying people of Maryland. The ethnic population is catching on to the tricks and BS Schemes that the Dems have used on the Blacks and Browns just so that they can keep the cushion jobs(sucking up tax dollars and not giving back to the people of the state) and resistance will become the end result best believe that........
Delusion is setting in on this guy! LOL....I know you come here to vent your frustration but it's pretty sad. Things are changing and the info is everywhere for you to read. This is not 1950 and people don't like sitting in traffic with big "Leave it to Beaver" houses anymore. The younger generation wants an urban lifestyle. Get used to it because young people are the future. You should move if you don't like it because it's not going to change just because you don't like it.

Last edited by MDAllstar; 03-25-2011 at 10:27 AM..

Old 03-25-2011, 11:03 AM

Quote:
And crap like that will get more people politically involve in the efforts to throw you anti-Highway Rapid Transit Tax Guzzling elite hustlers out of political office....

There is no way in h--- that you people are going to hustle Maryland Tax payers into investing in cheap BS Trolley Like Light Rails and Busways that will not benefit the Mass Majority of Maryland Tax Payers especially when Virginia is continuing to invest in New Highway Projects and the High Speed Subway Rail Expansion that is making Northern Virginia a World Class region while Suburban Maryland is being held back......
LOL...you are so uninformed it's sad. Ok so, where to begin.....

Almost all people in Maryland live in the urban corridor of D.C. and Baltimore. That corridor has access to subway, commuter rail, light rail, and soon to be BRT. That population totals about 4.8 million people. Maryland has a population of 5,773,552 people. You do the math. That leaves about 900,000 people for rural Maryland without rail access. So what's next.....

Now on to Highways....

It's time for you to use your brain and make accurate comparisons. You keep referring to inner suburb highway projects when comparing highway expansion. Well news flash, Frederick is not an inner suburb. Tyson's Corner is right down the street from D.C. Maryland already has great highway's for it's inner suburbs. Another news flash for you, I-270 is 12 lanes all the way to Gaithersburg and has been for about 3 decades. Virginia's highway comparison to I-270 is 66 which is not 12 lanes. Maryland has better east-west highway access than Virginia also. Maryland has I-495, ICC, and I-70. Maryland has two major north south highway in I-270 and I-95. In short....MARYLAND > VIRGINA on highways.

Now on to transit....

Virginia has two subway lines right now. The Yellow/Blue Line is really one line. They are just building a third and it's not even done yet LOL...... It's about time they built something. They don't have subway access LOL....Take the subway to Tyson's Corner today. Take the subway to Reston today. That's what I thought. It will take Virginia 100 years to catch Maryland in public transportation. Maryland has 6 metro lines. Virginia has 2 metro legs. Maryland has 3 commuter rail legs. Virginia has 2 commuter rail legs.

I will say that again.....Maryland has 6 metro legs. Virginia has 2 metro legs. Maryland has 3 commuter rail legs. Virginia has 2 commuter rail legs.

2011 TOTAL RAIL TRANSIT:

Maryland = 9 Rail Transit Legs (12 rail legs in a 30 minute radius)
Virgina = 4 Rail Transit Legs

Now for the projects that will be done in 2020 for the next census like the Silver Line, Purple Line, Corridor Cities Transitway

2020 TOTAL RAIL TRANSIT:

Maryland = 11 Rail Transit legs (14 rail legs in a 30 minute radius)
Virginia = 5 Rail Transit Legs

You have been owned so give it up!!!!!!

Old 03-26-2011, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Delusion is setting in on this guy!
So says the kid that claims that Highway building is 1950's mentality but yet there are regions/cities throughout America that continue to build Highways are better off than Baltimore and the Maryland/DC Suburbs.........

Quote:
LOL....I know you come here to vent your frustration but it's pretty sad. Things are changing and the info is everywhere for you to read. This is not 1950 and people don't like sitting in traffic with big "Leave it to Beaver" houses anymore. The younger generation wants an urban lifestyle.
What is sad is that you come on the Maryland thread to dictate to Marylanders that Suburban Maryland is better off without building/widening new highways and building/expanding Indoor Shopping Malls....

Your idea of urbanism for Suburban Maryland is to turn every developed region in Suburban Maryland into Takoma Park with small retail, taverns, and Expensive Apartments/Condos while you support the undeveloped areas of Suburban Maryland to rot in deserting population......

Quote:
Get used to it because young people are the future.
Young people are constantly moving to Northern Virginia(aka New Money) vs. moving into Suburban Maryland(Old Money) for over 20 years and continue to do so as long as Virginia continues to do exactly the opposite of what you are trying to dictate for Suburban Maryland....

You have no issues with Virginia building Subways, Expanding Highways, Building Condos/Apartments, Expanding Upscale Retail, Increasing High Tech Business/Job Growth but when the thaught of the same is being proposed in Frederick County(MD), Central/Northern/Eastern Montgomery County, Southern/Eastern/Northern Prince Georges County, Charles County, Howard County, and Anne Arundel County you get yourself into a jealous rage and start preaching about jamming some fantasy so-called Urban(small town style) development in Gaithersburg and White Flint all end up looking like Takoma Park.....

Quote:
You should move if you don't like it because it's not going to change just because you don't like it.
I would tell you to move out of Suburban Maryland if you don't like the thought of Suburban Maryland developing rapidly on the scales of Northern Virginia/Atlanta/Houston but it is highly likely that you don't reside/pay taxes in Maryland and more than likely reside/pay taxes in Virginia.........

Old 03-26-2011, 01:57 PM

Quote:
LOL...you are so uninformed it's sad. Ok so, where to begin.....

Almost all people in Maryland live in the urban corridor of D.C. and Baltimore. That corridor has access to subway, commuter rail, light rail, and soon to be BRT. That population totals about 4.8 million people. Maryland has a population of 5,773,552 people. You do the math. That leaves about 900,000 people for rural Maryland without rail access. So what's next.....

Now on to Highways....

It's time for you to use your brain and make accurate comparisons. You keep referring to inner suburb highway projects when comparing highway expansion. Well news flash, Frederick is not an inner suburb. Tyson's Corner is right down the street from D.C. Maryland already has great highway's for it's inner suburbs. Another news flash for you, I-270 is 12 lanes all the way to Gaithersburg and has been for about 3 decades. Virginia's highway comparison to I-270 is 66 which is not 12 lanes. Maryland has better east-west highway access than Virginia also. Maryland has I-495, ICC, and I-70. Maryland has two major north south highway in I-270 and I-95. In short....MARYLAND > VIRGINA on highways.

Now on to transit....

Virginia has two subway lines right now. The Yellow/Blue Line is really one line. They are just building a third and it's not even done yet LOL...... It's about time they built something. They don't have subway access LOL....Take the subway to Tyson's Corner today. Take the subway to Reston today. That's what I thought. It will take Virginia 100 years to catch Maryland in public transportation. Maryland has 6 metro lines. Virginia has 2 metro legs. Maryland has 3 commuter rail legs. Virginia has 2 commuter rail legs.

I will say that again.....Maryland has 6 metro legs. Virginia has 2 metro legs. Maryland has 3 commuter rail legs. Virginia has 2 commuter rail legs.

2011 TOTAL RAIL TRANSIT:

Maryland = 9 Rail Transit Legs (12 rail legs in a 30 minute radius)
Virgina = 4 Rail Transit Legs

Now for the projects that will be done in 2020 for the next census like the Silver Line, Purple Line, Corridor Cities Transitway

2020 TOTAL RAIL TRANSIT:

Maryland = 11 Rail Transit legs (14 rail legs in a 30 minute radius)
Virginia = 5 Rail Transit Legs

You have been owned so give it up!!!!!!
When in doubt play the game of Delusion of Grandeur......

BTW- I-270's VA competitor is the Dulles Toll Road/267 and I-66 while MD I-95's VA Competitor is I-95/395

Also everyone knows that Suburban Maryland has more Metro Subway Routes than Northern Virginia but in terms of Mileage Northern Virginia is about to Trump over Suburban Maryland in Metro Rail Milage in 6 years or whenever they complete the Silver Line(ing) Subway to Loudon County and I know you also hate the idea of Metro extending the Red Line Subway to Clarksburg/Urbana and the Green Line Subway to Laurel/East Columbia/Fort Meade/BWI(Save the MARC Train B--- S---- Excuse because I too can say the same about the MARC Train currently serving Gaithersburg and Germantown which can also eliminate the need of wasting Millions to build a slow speed Trolley like Light Rail/Busway that will not serve/benefit the majority of the Montgomery County and Frederick County Population).........

Old 03-26-2011, 05:49 PM

Quote:
When in doubt play the game of Delusion of Grandeur......

BTW- I-270's VA competitor is the Dulles Toll Road/267 and I-66 while MD I-95's VA Competitor is I-95/395

Also everyone knows that Suburban Maryland has more Metro Subway Routes than Northern Virginia but in terms of Mileage Northern Virginia is about to Trump over Suburban Maryland in Metro Rail Milage in 6 years or whenever they complete the Silver Line(ing) Subway to Loudon County and I know you also hate the idea of Metro extending the Red Line Subway to Clarksburg/Urbana and the Green Line Subway to Laurel/East Columbia/Fort Meade/BWI(Save the MARC Train B--- S---- Excuse because I too can say the same about the MARC Train currently serving Gaithersburg and Germantown which can also eliminate the need of wasting Millions to build a slow speed Trolley like Light Rail/Busway that will not serve/benefit the majority of the Montgomery County and Frederick County Population).........
Lol...Virginia doesn't have an answer for 1-270. I-270 is twelve lanes. What highway is 12 lanes in Virginia? The mass transit network is for Greater Gaithersburg. There isn't any other place that has the density or planned density to sustain a lightrail/BRT network in Montgomery County. Some areas are very dense in Montgomery County but most of cities aren't dense overall or are to small for a network like Silver Spring, Bethesda, or Wheaton. Those places are tiny so a network is pointless.

Old 03-26-2011, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Lol...Virginia doesn't have an answer for 1-270. I-270 is twelve lanes. What highway is 12 lanes in Virginia? The mass transit network is for Greater Gaithersburg. There isn't any other place that has the density or planned density to sustain a lightrail/BRT network in Montgomery County. Some areas are very dense in Montgomery County but most of cities aren't dense overall or are to small for a network like Silver Spring, Bethesda, or Wheaton. Those places are tiny so a network is pointless.
Repeat: When in Doubt play Delusion of Grandeur.........

Old 03-27-2011, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Repeat: When in Doubt play Delusion of Grandeur.........
LOL...still waiting for you to name a highway. I-66 and I-95 are not twelve lanes. The dulles toll road isn't even close to 12 lanes LOL........

Waiting on your answer.....

Old 03-27-2011, 04:44 PM

Quote:
LOL...still waiting for you to name a highway. I-66 and I-95 are not twelve lanes. The dulles toll road isn't even close to 12 lanes LOL........

Waiting on your answer.....
What answer, of the possible Fact that you don't live in Maryland....

Again;

When in Doubt play Delusion of Grandeur.........

Old 03-27-2011, 06:07 PM

Quote:
What answer, of the possible Fact that you don't live in Maryland....

Again;

When in Doubt play Delusion of Grandeur.........
You have been Owned!!! Now stop annoying everyone with your pointless rants. Do you bring anything useful to this board? All I ever see you do is complain. What a loser. You must hate life. Try posting some information on the site. I have never read anything from you on any threads on here except complaints. Why is that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland