Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 08:30 PM

21 posts, read 92,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC99 View Post
Gotta agree, I just bought and like the peacefullness. Kinda hope the exit does not come.
Our homesite is very quiet and peaceful, and where we are I don't think we'll hear too much in the way of traffic when the exit is built. Of course other homesites will be affected differently. We have a nice wooded lot and I can stand outside and hear no noise from 270.

I definitely hope the exit comes!

It will change the dynamics of the neighborhood for sure. But I think it's definitely a net positive for the homeowners. That being said, if the exit didn't happen I would still love living here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2011, 02:14 PM

1 posts, read 1,210 times
Default Parklands in Gaithersburg

I recently visited Parklands with a client of mine. We were both very impressed with the condo townhouse model homes by Ryan builders. Ryan really did a great job with the two condo models the Matisse and the Picasso. The floorplans are very livable. These are under over style units with the lower units (Matisse) around 1,700 sf and the uppers (Picasso) at nearly 2,700 feet. There are a lot of stairs to get to the Picasso, but once you are there it is worth the climb. The benefit of having that much square footage on two levels is that there are no cramped spaces. All of the living areas are wide open and very comfortable. The huge kitchen and combined family room is an excellent space for everyday living and entertaining and most people will spend the bulk of their time there. There is also a large living room and formal dining room on the main floor. Upstairs there are three, very spacious bedrooms each with more than ample closet space, and two very gracious baths. The master bath is very accommodating and would fit in homes costing hundreds of thousands more. While The Lakelands and The Kentlands are the premiere planned communities in Gaithersburg, if the Parklands commercial development turns out comparable to Reston Town Center, then the Parklands is a neighborhood to watch. Construction techniques have come a long way in the past 10-15 years since most of the construction was complete in The Kentlands and The Lakelands and it appears at first glance that the condo towns in The Parklands are slightly more solidly built and more energy efficient than similar homes in The Lakelands and The Kentlands. Also, the brick and concrete elevations give the curb appeal nod to The Parklands. With starting prices well below $400,000 for both models I recommend these units as a great new alternative in Gaithersburg.

Old 12-05-2011, 08:55 PM

13,727 posts, read 15,751,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sellinghouseslocally View Post
I recently visited Parklands with a client of mine. We were both very impressed with the condo townhouse model homes by Ryan builders. Ryan really did a great job with the two condo models the Matisse and the Picasso. The floorplans are very livable. These are under over style units with the lower units (Matisse) around 1,700 sf and the uppers (Picasso) at nearly 2,700 feet. There are a lot of stairs to get to the Picasso, but once you are there it is worth the climb. The benefit of having that much square footage on two levels is that there are no cramped spaces. All of the living areas are wide open and very comfortable. The huge kitchen and combined family room is an excellent space for everyday living and entertaining and most people will spend the bulk of their time there. There is also a large living room and formal dining room on the main floor. Upstairs there are three, very spacious bedrooms each with more than ample closet space, and two very gracious baths. The master bath is very accommodating and would fit in homes costing hundreds of thousands more. While The Lakelands and The Kentlands are the premiere planned communities in Gaithersburg, if the Parklands commercial development turns out comparable to Reston Town Center, then the Parklands is a neighborhood to watch. Construction techniques have come a long way in the past 10-15 years since most of the construction was complete in The Kentlands and The Lakelands and it appears at first glance that the condo towns in The Parklands are slightly more solidly built and more energy efficient than similar homes in The Lakelands and The Kentlands. Also, the brick and concrete elevations give the curb appeal nod to The Parklands. With starting prices well below $400,000 for both models I recommend these units as a great new alternative in Gaithersburg.
Crown Farm is really going to send everything into a world wind. The architecture is head and shoulders over anything in Gaithersburg and most parts of Maryland period from the designs released.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland