Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2014, 10:46 AM

1,254 posts, read 680,270 times

Advertisements

Bethesda is ok, there is just a lot going on here. A lot of construction with retail, and new town centers, high rise apartments and , more homes being built.

Traffic is a tad rough, at times, NIH presents some issues with regards to traffic and construction. Rent is expensive, but its a nice place to live. I think, its clean, and people seem to be nice, on most days. Unless they predict snow.....
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2015, 05:42 PM

1 posts, read 2,334 times
Wow I really disagree with some of these comments about Bethesda. And I'm African American. It's not all "vanilla" here.

I wasn't born or raised here nor do I have any particular allegiance to this town. (I'm actually in a hurry to leave D.C. in general). I'm definitely NOT rich, but as far as Bethesda not being vibrant or happening.... it depends on where you're comparing it to.

I can walk minutes to restaurants and bars with diverse menus. When I don't have tons of cash, I hit up happy hour. A hookah bar is two blocks from my house. There are neighborhood festivals during the warm months. When people come to visit me they rave because we can metro into D.C. and we can walk around for brunch and mimosas. And when I want to save money on shopping... I just leave Bethesda and go to other stores.

Maybe I like simple things, but Bethesda's a nice and safe place to chill if you can find affordable housing... trust me I live in the cheapest apartment complex Bethesda has to offer. And I pay as much rent here as I would in Silver Spring. So why not stick around where it's nicer, cleaner and less shady?

I do agree that some people in Bethesda can be pretentious, but in my opinion that's pretty standard in the entire D.C. Metro area. That's one of the reasons I'm losing interest in this city.
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland