Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2011, 06:18 AM

4 posts, read 8,888 times

Advertisements

I am trying to pinpoint where to move, mostly based on schools. My kids will be starting 6th and 11th grades next year. Considered 20910, but rent is considerably higher and I'm less sure of the schools.

So which would you recommend for the short on long run. We may decide to buy and change schools in two years when my oldest is out of HS. We might by sooner. Do either have public access to the metro?

In 20904 I have my eye on Francis Scott Key Middle school. Which HS or MS are good and which to avoid? Thoughts on apartments? I'm considering Vista at White Oak or Woodleaf Apt.

In 20906 I'm looking at Springbrook HS and Loiederman MS. Seems to be fewer apartment choices here. Maybe Mongomery Trace or Ridgewood. Should we avoid this zipcode if it means living in Aspen Hill?

Thank you.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2011, 08:11 AM

789 posts, read 2,557,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumbledweed View Post
I am trying to pinpoint where to move, mostly based on schools. My kids will be starting 6th and 11th grades next year. Considered 20910, but rent is considerably higher and I'm less sure of the schools.

So which would you recommend for the short on long run. We may decide to buy and change schools in two years when my oldest is out of HS. We might by sooner. Do either have public access to the metro?

In 20904 I have my eye on Francis Scott Key Middle school. Which HS or MS are good and which to avoid? Thoughts on apartments? I'm considering Vista at White Oak or Woodleaf Apt.

In 20906 I'm looking at Springbrook HS and Loiederman MS. Seems to be fewer apartment choices here. Maybe Mongomery Trace or Ridgewood. Should we avoid this zipcode if it means living in Aspen Hill?

Thank you.

Here are the HS ratings.. Maryland Schools - Find a Public or Private Maryland School - SchoolDigger.com

If possible, look into Einstein or Blair, they should be rentals that r zoned for those schools. You can live in Wheaton/Kensington and attend Einstein...

Old 05-07-2011, 12:02 PM

281 posts, read 809,053 times
I'm looking as well. I like Einstein and Blair as far as offerings (though on great schools they aren't rated as highly) in courses. There are plenty of apartments that fall within the zones for these two.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland