Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2011, 05:36 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,871,311 times

Advertisements

I recently accepted a job in Rockville, but about 2 miles from the Shady Springs Metro stop and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for me to live?

I am a professional in my mid twenties who is married. My salary is going to be pretty good, but I am not rich.

I ideally want a nice place to live, that isn’t too expensive, in a good area, close to (preferable walking distance) to nice restaurants/stores/bars/clubs/recreational areas. It would also be nice to be close to a metro stop, again within walking distance.

Traffic is a big concern. I don’t want to be stuck in traffic during my daily commute. Any recommendations?

Budget is around $1500 per month, but less is preferable.

Last edited by cry_havoc; 10-28-2011 at 06:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2011, 05:41 PM

34,088 posts, read 82,920,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
I recently accepted a job in Rockville
I ideally want a nice place to live
Traffic is a big concern.
Rockville Apartments - Rockville Apartments for Rent - Rockville, MD

hth

Old 10-28-2011, 05:44 PM

1,106 posts, read 2,882,088 times
Quote:
@font-face { font-family: "Cambria"; }p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal { margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }div.Section1 { page: Section1; } I recently accepted a job in Rockville, but about 2 miles from the Shady Springs Metro stop and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for me to live?

I am a professional in my mid twenties who is married. My salary is going to be pretty good, but I am not rich.

I ideally want a nice place to live, that isn’t too expensive, in a good area, close to (preferable walking distance) to nice restaurants/stores/bars/clubs/recreational areas. It would also be nice to be close to a metro stop, again within walking distance.

Traffic is a big concern. I don’t want to be stuck in traffic during my daily commute. Any recommendations?
I think you mean Shady Grove. You need to tell us what your budget is because living near the metro can be either cheap or for the most part, expensive.

Old 10-28-2011, 06:06 PM

Is Rockville the area I want to live though? Im willing to make a little commute to live in a fun/safe/cheaper area that still isnt that bad of a commute.

I could have easily googled what you posted. I want advice.

Thank you

Old 10-28-2011, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsh56 View Post
I think you mean Shady Grove. You need to tell us what your budget is because living near the metro can be either cheap or for the most part, expensive.
2k per month MAX, but I would prefer less.

Old 10-28-2011, 08:12 PM

1,106 posts, read 2,882,088 times
Quote:
Is Rockville the area I want to live though? Im willing to make a little commute to live in a fun/safe/cheaper area that still isnt that bad of a commute.

I could have easily googled what you posted. I want advice.

Thank you
Rockville is pretty decent to live out of all the places the county has to offer. It has a-not-too bad downtown (town square) with some restaurants, bars and shops. You can access there via RideOn or metrobus and the Rockville metro station. Police are always in that area so there isn't a huge problem.

Try to find a place near the Rockville town square or at least a bus ride from there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland