Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 01:54 PM

10,214 posts, read 15,920,736 times

Advertisements

College Park itself is not ghetto but it is surrounded by the ghetto. And the ghetto people come to the campus to rob people way too often.

PG County may not be ghetto compared to DC, Baltimore, PHilly, LA or Detroit but it is ghetto compared to most of the Maryland. It has a higher crime rate than New York City, c'mon. Does it have the peaceful family-oriented feeling of Frederick and Carroll Counties? Or the wealth of Howard County and Baltimore County? I'm not talking incomes, I'm talking about going in there and seeing run-down buildings everywhere, ghetto people and illegals sitting around on street corners.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2007, 06:20 AM

350 posts, read 1,645,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapin2212 View Post
Zippy, have you looked at Beltway Plaza Mall in Greenbelt and the people who go there besides UMD students? Many of my friends in school who went to the Giant there say they always go in groups because they are nervous of being jumped and because the area looks so sketchy. It is filled with ghetto people and illegals.
This makes me sad. I used to hang out at Beltway when I was in high school. We used to go to the movies all the time (not much else for kids that age to do). It used to be around $3. We used to go there to flirt with boys. Anyone remember the Caldor? Weird store.

Old 09-04-2007, 08:40 AM

415 posts, read 1,960,869 times
I'm not sure where he's getting his information about Beltway Plaza. White male, gone in by myself plenty of times, never felt worried for my safety.

Old 09-04-2007, 09:32 AM

144 posts, read 630,905 times
It's called fear mongering, insecurity, hating. This guy has got serious social problems. This guy might be on the news one day.

Old 09-04-2007, 09:50 AM

5,168 posts, read 11,437,138 times
I just left Greenbelt in late April.... lived there for 6 years. The Beltway Plaza appeared in the local paper a lot, for purse snatching and robbery etc. I lived in "Old Greenbelt", the safest part of Greenbelt. I felt safe there during the day, BUT an aquaintance of ours was attacked by a group of young black males there, for no reason, while walking to his house. This is a middle aged guy that doesn't harm anyone. Two other people I know also were attacked in the past couple of years, one an older male and a young couple. Also several neighborhood houses were broken into. In the 6 years I lived there, we had our vehicle keyed, window smashed, egged, mirror busted off etc. After a while I just wanted out..... as much as I loved the center of Greenbelt.
Just look at the police reports, unfortunately in old Greenbelt, which is mostly white, almost ALL the crime is comitted by "young black male/s", according to the police blotter.
If you want to move to PG county I would consider Berwyn Heights, Cheverly, some areas of College Park or Laurel... also some area's of Bowie.

Old 09-04-2007, 10:57 AM

1,389 posts, read 6,300,593 times
Have anyone been over to Beltsville lately. The new shopping center in beautiful. The county is really trying to make a big change. Its a nice area to take the family to for shopping. I am very impress

Old 09-04-2007, 01:28 PM

10,214 posts, read 15,920,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurelengineer View Post
You are a complete piece of garbage. And the state will be better off when you leave it. You're going to end up hating everything you see and touch, such that you'll never be happy and you'll just hate yourself into an early grave. In the end, karma will be simply evening up the score.

On a different note, you really need to expand your horizons. buy a house. Get married. Live a little. make some friends. Do it for your health. You spend too much time here spewing your anger at everything, such that you come off as a mad man. And lacking in credibility, as well. Seriously, take a break from this board.
I don't appreciate you making accusations and assumptions about me. I have friends and know how to have fun. But that doesn't mean I don't feel trapped here. Tell me, who I have ever mentioned as hating except for northern transplants and illegal immigrants and criminals? You haven't been through the things I've been through.

I'm just bitter because I know I will be happy and content once I leave the East Coast or at least least the DC-Baltimore area and settle in a more rural part of the state. If anything, I'm nostalgic for the good ol'days when life was better. While I know the past was better (before 9-11, before illegal immigrants flooded our region with poverty and crime, when life was slower and people were more civil) I know I can't find that here in the DC area anymore.

And as for getting married my ideal spouse comes from a small town or from somewhere in the SOuth and the Midwest. Myself, my friends and relatives have had too many personal experiences and witnessed too much to not be cynical. Over here, especially with the northerners, girls are whores. They won't hesitate to cheat on you or leave you if some guy has a fancier car. I am going to be a dentist or a pharmacist so I won't be that poor but that's what concerns me the most....with a liberal, Yankee, nrothern urban girl I will never know that she really loves me and doesn't just want my money. My ideal girl comes from a small town, preferrably in the SOuth or the Midwest where people are good people, have good values like family values, honesty, integrity, etc, things that are sorely lacking in the Northeast and in places like this area that are overrun with Yankee transplants.

When I have ever said anything bad about the south, the Midwest, small towns, or legal immigrants? There are just certain things and certain types of people I have a problem with. I guess you are not upset with things like Governor O'Malley wanting to give in-state tuition to illegal aliens or using our taxes to fund labor centers for illegals. Or Yankees taking over our state with their values and lifestyles.

Old 09-05-2007, 06:30 AM

350 posts, read 1,645,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapin2212 View Post
I don't appreciate you making accusations and assumptions about me. I have friends and know how to have fun. But that doesn't mean I don't feel trapped here. Tell me, who I have ever mentioned as hating except for northern transplants and illegal immigrants and criminals? You haven't been through the things I've been through.

I'm just bitter because I know I will be happy and content once I leave the East Coast or at least least the DC-Baltimore area and settle in a more rural part of the state. If anything, I'm nostalgic for the good ol'days when life was better. While I know the past was better (before 9-11, before illegal immigrants flooded our region with poverty and crime, when life was slower and people were more civil) I know I can't find that here in the DC area anymore.

And as for getting married my ideal spouse comes from a small town or from somewhere in the SOuth and the Midwest. Myself, my friends and relatives have had too many personal experiences and witnessed too much to not be cynical. Over here, especially with the northerners, girls are whores. They won't hesitate to cheat on you or leave you if some guy has a fancier car. I am going to be a dentist or a pharmacist so I won't be that poor but that's what concerns me the most....with a liberal, Yankee, nrothern urban girl I will never know that she really loves me and doesn't just want my money. My ideal girl comes from a small town, preferrably in the SOuth or the Midwest where people are good people, have good values like family values, honesty, integrity, etc, things that are sorely lacking in the Northeast and in places like this area that are overrun with Yankee transplants.

When I have ever said anything bad about the south, the Midwest, small towns, or legal immigrants? There are just certain things and certain types of people I have a problem with. I guess you are not upset with things like Governor O'Malley wanting to give in-state tuition to illegal aliens or using our taxes to fund labor centers for illegals. Or Yankees taking over our state with their values and lifestyles.
This post is completely absurd. I hope whatever woman does eventually consider settling down with you comes to her senses. Any man who will generalize women based on where they come from, deserves to be perpetually single.
All this nonsense about "Yankees" is nothing but another form of ignorance- please, do us all a favor and move south.

Old 09-05-2007, 08:38 AM

560 posts, read 1,130,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscalder View Post
The county is putting alot of money into Suitland and forestville.
The reason why alot of people on this forum donot like PG county is because the area is majority African American.
Exactly! A number of people on here are obsessed with crime and it does hint to the fact that PG is predominatly black. Racism has gotten worse it has been proven.

Old 09-05-2007, 08:40 AM

560 posts, read 1,130,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscalder View Post
The reason why alot of people on this forum donot like PG county is because the area is majority African American.
Exactly! A number of people on here are obsessed with PG and it does hint to the fact that PG is predominatly black. Racism has gotten worse it has been proven. All you here is PG this PG that. It is so freakin annoying! This is every time something new is posted on the county. It's like there is no white area in the whole freakin state that has crime. It's ridiculous to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland