U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-03-2007, 10:21 AM

30 posts, read 112,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscalder View Post
If you notice I post the website so you and everyone on this forum can visit the website and compare the county test scores amoung each other.
As you can tell the comparison for Pg county 3rd grade and Montgomery county 3rd grade test scores. As you can tell by my numbers Pg county 3rd graders score higher then Montgomoery county 3rd graders. I am not going to post all school grade level test results on this forum so instead I post the website. Now if you notice the website why not visit it instead of meantioning your household and your parents skills. I think what you mention about parents are really about your parents and you are just blasting every parents in Pg county because if your parents did a good job raising you in Pg county schools you would have had different opionions. Since you went to Pg county school and live in Pg county I am guess your parents were one of the horrible parents you mention above.

Well, well, well coming from a person like YOU who seems to have a VERY hard time with maintaining grammatical accuracy, I knew that it would only be a matter of time before you got personal. For your information as previously stated but obviously not in terms that you can understand, I am from there, but do not currently reside there. My parents did an excellent job of raising me as I can sit here young, successful in too many aspects to inform you of, and able to speak about a subject objectively all WITHOUT getting too personal. It is typical of a person like you to get personal when presented with an opposing opinion. So, because I have constructive things to do with my time, I will let bygones be bygones, agree to disagree, let you have your opinion while I keep mine. I hope that the OP is able to make a firm decision with the wealth of information they have received from all of us who replied!
Have a wonderful day and God bless!
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2007, 10:32 AM

835 posts, read 2,122,003 times
No point in arguing because we all have our opinions; however VMC, I am also an alumni of PG County schools (Yay High Point!) as was my mother, aunt, two sisters, 9 cousins, multiple nieces and nephews, in laws, and current significant other from 1958 all the way to the present (not all at the same school, lol). I think I have a fairly informed opinion. Maybe you went to school in one of the areas that is more "rough" than I and my family and have had a different experience. This is what people try to get across on this forum--that PG is a fairly large county and not all areas are demographically the same. We can all have different experiences depending where we live. Its not fair to lump the county into one big "it sucks" category.

Old 10-03-2007, 11:09 AM

1,389 posts, read 4,429,028 times
Its ok to have an opinion but what i posted are facts and a website which can proof you wrong. We all have opinions but not all opinions are base upon facts and numbers. Please donot step out of your corner and go toe to toe with me when it comes to been young and successful because trust me i will out weight you without knowing about your personal information. I take it personal when people like you who no longer lives in the County and are not experiencing all of the positive changes going on in the county as we speak. What you are mentioning about is your past experience dating back 6yrs or more but now in the present we have a new governor and county executive who is doing a wonderful job in improving Pg for the best. Just like your parents did a wonderful job raising you in Pg county their other parents in PG county are also doing a wonderful job raising successful children.

Old 10-03-2007, 01:34 PM

442 posts, read 1,200,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compton610 View Post
Hi, I'm moving to PG county soon and my girlfriend says she wants to live in PG so bad, I have decieded to give it a go I just need some info on the city's to stay out of thank you.
Here's where TO go:

Bowie
Laurel
College Park
Greenbelt

Actually, most anywhere outside the beltway in PG is OK...

Old 10-03-2007, 01:36 PM

442 posts, read 1,200,555 times
Quote:
The county is putting alot of money into Suitland and forestville.
The reason why alot of people on this forum donot like PG county is because the area is majority African American.
I drive to Suitland and Forestville all the time and Anti-Blacks opinions.
I live in Upper Marlboro which is about 10mins away from Forestville and I am not scared of low income families. As you can tell aot of people on this forum are scared of lower income families but they forget they too can be any of those low income families at any time.
My only beef with PG is the school system SUCKS beyond all level of suck. I don't care what color or race my neighbors are as long as they're friendly,
respectful, and courteous.

That, and the politics aren't thrilling either but MD as a whole is that way.

Old 10-03-2007, 02:14 PM

Bowie: Expensive to live especially in the 20721 zipcode: folks who live in 20721 is consider rich by the county because your taxes will be very very high. A home that is 400k your taxe will be minimum $4,500 a year.
Brandywine: still rural, nice and safe.
Upper Marlboro; nice,safe
Indian Head
Fort Washington is a really good area now to purchase before the National Harbor is finish building
Oxon Hill: Is also a good investment area to purchase a home before the National Harbor is Finish. this area is the next up and coming area
Accrokeek
GreenBelt
Laurel
College Park
Landover
Clinton
Largo:
Beltsville:
Mitchellville: very expensive. Prices for homes start from the low 500k
CampSpring

Ok areas:
Suitland: The county is bumping millions of money into this area. The county have torn down the section 8 and building nothing but upscale houses,condos and shopping
Majority of Hyattsville: I think Hyattsville is annexing other cities because Hyattsville was never this large or maybe its just me.
District Heights: certain Areas
Capitol heights: Certain areas
Forestville: Certain areas

Old 10-04-2007, 10:55 AM

23,808 posts, read 19,679,019 times
Default and the data shows?

Quote:
Bowie: Expensive to live especially in the 20721 zipcode: folks who live in 20721 is consider rich by the county because your taxes will be very very high. A home that is 400k your taxe will be minimum $4,500 a year.
Brandywine: still rural, nice and safe.
Upper Marlboro; nice,safe
Indian Head
Fort Washington is a really good area now to purchase before the National Harbor is finish building
Oxon Hill: Is also a good investment area to purchase a home before the National Harbor is Finish. this area is the next up and coming area
Accrokeek
GreenBelt
Laurel
College Park
Landover
Clinton
Largo:
Beltsville:
Mitchellville: very expensive. Prices for homes start from the low 500k
CampSpring

Ok areas:
Suitland: The county is bumping millions of money into this area. The county have torn down the section 8 and building nothing but upscale houses,condos and shopping
Majority of Hyattsville: I think Hyattsville is annexing other cities because Hyattsville was never this large or maybe its just me.
District Heights: certain Areas
Capitol heights: Certain areas
Forestville: Certain areas
Murders in Prince George's County, Jan. 1 - Oct. 2nd, 2005 (red), 2006 (green), 2007 (purple)

Old 10-04-2007, 01:30 PM

Can you post the map for Montgomery,Howard county as well.

Old 10-04-2007, 03:12 PM

415 posts, read 1,396,261 times
One better...
The entire Baltimore / DC corridor.
Murders in Maryland and D.C., 2007
Interesting that it's the eastern half of DC, PG county, Baltimore, and a few spread out here and there outside that.

Old 10-04-2007, 10:26 PM

EMSgoof: that was a much better graph then the others. The entire area is full of crime. Southern Maryland crime and Eastern Shore crime was not that bad. two crime happen in my zipcode one was in Upper Marlboro Detention center and the other I gues a murder. I still do feel safe in my area. I always no matter where I am check my surroundings. Base upon your graph majority of the murders the victim knew the murderer/killer. The crime that make me sick was the man who killed his own child in baltimore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland