Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2007, 06:28 PM

1 posts, read 9,988 times

Advertisements

well i got something for ya people......LP is the most dangerouse place u can live...look u will get killed if u be going out like around 11 and so on.....or maybe jumped...either way....in LP there is no joke with the gangs...its all serious up in this joint...NO BULL!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2007, 10:47 PM

1,389 posts, read 6,284,795 times
Langley park in split between Montgomery county and PG county. Its hard to tell which portion of Langley park belongs to which county but from Hampshire towers and down to New Hampshire Avenue going towards white oak is Montgomery county. Majority of LAngley park belongs to Montgomery county. The most dangerous portion is on Montgomery county side.

Old 11-03-2007, 11:31 AM

321 posts, read 1,121,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscalder View Post
Langley park in split between Montgomery county and PG county. Its hard to tell which portion of Langley park belongs to which county but from Hampshire towers and down to New Hampshire Avenue going towards white oak is Montgomery county. Majority of LAngley park belongs to Montgomery county. The most dangerous portion is on Montgomery county side.
All of Langley Park is in PG county. Langley Park is east of New Hampshire Ave, anything west of it is Montgomery County (Silver Spring/Takoma Park). This year there have been no murders on the Montgomery County side; there have been 12 in Langley Park on the PG side.

Old 11-03-2007, 01:27 PM

2,030 posts, read 4,526,992 times
I grew up in Langley Park, 20903 zip. It was PG County. I was on New Hampshire between Piney Branch and Quebec Street. Right behind the shopping center at New Hampshire and University is Takoma Park, Montgomery County. When I was in Elementary School and the busing started, the kids came from apartments right past East West Highway, but just before DC. It is also considered Takoma Park (I think) but it was PG also.

Old 11-03-2007, 04:53 PM

Hampshire Towers apartment is in Montgomery county which some consider langley park. If you do go to langley Park which I do almost every day on the left side of New Hampshire avenue on where their is a Safeway,starbuck is consider Langley park which is Montgomery county. One of my friend live in those town house in langley park which is consider langley Park. She live 2 minutes walking distance away from the Rite-Aide and Bank Of America. Zipcode 20903 is consider Silver Spring on Pg county side.
When you go to Langley Park and you will see a big sign that states Takoma PArk which everyone still consider Langley park. The issue is Montgomery county try their best to separate Montgomery County from Langley park and Takoma Park which half is consider Langley park.

Old 11-03-2007, 05:27 PM

58 posts, read 290,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscalder View Post
... The issue is Montgomery county try their best to separate Montgomery County from Langley park and Takoma Park which half is consider Langley park.
When I was born at the Adventist Hospital in Takoma Park, part of Takoma Park was in Montgomery County (including the hospital), and part was in Prince George’s County.

Indeed, I have spent my entire life qualifying that, while I was born in Takoma Park, the hospital itself was in Montgomery County making me a Montgomery Countian (for snobiness appeal only, what with me being a PG Co boy and all - wink-). In fact my very first post on this site included that above qualification.

Therefore, you might imagine that I was shocked to later learn that PG-Takoma Park had voted themselves into Montgomery County in 1997 placing all of (MD) Takoma Park in Montgomery County from that time.

Last edited by StuartSlate; 11-03-2007 at 05:42 PM.. Reason: clarification

Old 11-03-2007, 08:21 PM

I think PG gave up some portion of Takoma Park to Montgomery county and I think Montgomery county gave up some portion of Silver Spring to PG County.

Old 11-03-2007, 11:12 PM

10,116 posts, read 15,787,106 times
Probably Langley Park, the headquarters for MS-13, a violent illegal alien gang that is most violent gang in the country.

Old 11-17-2007, 08:55 PM

8 posts, read 46,591 times
Southern PG county is not a good place to live. I grew up around in Hillcrest Heights and when we first moved there, it was one of the best places to live. I moved to what's supposed to be Fort Washington, but was really Oxon Hill. I lived at Rosecroft Mews, where each of my cars have been attempted stolen twice, The last attempted theft, the theives were still in the car as I was calling the police. PG County police took 45 minutes to come. I ran like my life depened on it to Laurel, where so far I haven't feared for my life on a daily basis. I dont care what no one says, I will never move to southern PG again! I have lived there and experienced it and if you value your peronal property and safety- dont move there. If you have things that you care about, dont move there. I could care less about statistics or anything else, I lived it so I know it. DONT DO IT!!!

Old 11-17-2007, 09:55 PM

1 posts, read 10,604 times
I used to live in Fort Washington, MD (MINUTES from the newly developing National Harbor. If you are buying your new home, not only do I think that Fort Washington was a good area to live in, I think it's the BEST city in the DC area to invest in right now!

The National Harbor condos are selling FAST (National Harbor Home Page). The first phase of condos sold all 200+ (I think 250, but not sure) condos in just four weeks! The National Harbor real estate market is not at all affected by the real estate slump that the rest of the country is dealing with. One bedrooms are selling for almost $400,000, but aren't even going to be available for almost another half year...

So (in my opinion) investing in the Harbor's surrounding neighborhoods should be a great investment. This project is going to completely vitalize Fort Washington MD!!! I purchased a single family home in 2003, and am NOW also picking up a condo in the harbor (fleetstreetcondos.com).

So, again, not only do I think it's the smartest place to buy NOW, I also thought it was a great area. Soo many people couldn't believe I was moving to PG County! They thought I was moving in the 'Hood" or something. Nothing could be farther from the truth. I had the best neighbors. This was one of the friendliest, warmest communities I've ever lived in... Until I moved to PG, I ONLY lived in suburban, upper middle class areas of Northern Va my whole life.

Yes, I know some areas of PG (I believe closer to SouthEast DC) are a little rough. However, I've only had positive experiences in Fort Washington MD...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland