Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Developing Property Near Bowie State
Good Idea! When do we build?!?! 12 60.00%
Bad Idea! Are they insane?!?! 5 25.00%
Not sure. Sell me on it. 3 15.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 04:26 PM

13,727 posts, read 15,751,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by $mk8795 View Post
This talk of concentrating on Developing around the PG County metro stops ONLY is a bunch of crap talk sugarcoated into saying that they will not supporrt PG County into developing exactly like Fairfax County and Loudon County. They would rather PG County(and other parts of Maryland) to remain a below class region while Virginia continues to build Office Towers, Expand Enclosed Upscale Shopping Malls, Build/Widen New Highways, and Expand Subway services d--- near 30 miles outside of DC.........
Where did you attend school? Just curious...

Also, what was your concentration? What field do you work in?

You don't seem to know much about race relations and how it plays into corporate relocation. Unfortunately, PG has high crime. Add in the fact that it's a predominetly black county and you get the current end result.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2012, 04:28 PM

2,330 posts, read 4,401,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDAllstar View Post
Where did you attend school? Just curious...
My school has nothing to do with the subject of the topic being discussed.......

Old 01-22-2012, 04:37 PM

13,727 posts, read 15,751,203 times
Quote:
My school has nothing to do with the subject of the topic being discussed.......
My point being the reasons businesses shy away from PG that you seem oblivious about. You always talk about Virginia which has nothing to do with businesses not locating in PG. Race relations is the reason.

Old 01-22-2012, 07:24 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,639,531 times
Quote:
Are you serious or are you playing the Game of Delusion of Grandeur.....

If you really believe what you wrote then it is safe to say that you do not live in Northern PG County and I would not be surprised if you do not live in Maryland....

The train tracks are Far enough away from US Highway 1 that they can widen the road to 6 lanes...

And Old Town Laurel has nothing to do with Kentorra so I know you are reaching for som BS reason to Hate on PG County to develop exactly the same way Fairfax County is developing.........

Another BS comment because US Highway 1 between Hyattsville and Beltsville is built like that intersection of US Highway 1 and Contee Road but seriously have bottleneck traffic.......

There was a plan to build a Boulevard between UMD and Beltsville that will take half the traffic off of US Highway 1 but your kind fought against that.

But still not as bad as the Maryland Suburbs of the DC area.........
You actually took the time to reply to a two week post. I forgot all about this thread. Just because you refuse to ignore, doesn't make it automatically false. Judging by your reply, you didn't comprehend what I posted. Try withholding evaluation until comprehension is completed.

I suggest you take another look along Route 1 and Konterra is in Laurel.

You lack the knowledge on the topic and you don't hide that either. You don't know what you're talking about and you're thick in the head with all this anti-growth conspiracy you keep rambling about in which this topic or my opinions has nothing to do with that but your mind is already made up. You make yourself look bad with each additional post because your just making things up and you know it. The worst part is that you're serious.

If you can't see the flaws in Northern Virginia, in which you continuously used as an example, then I'm afraid it's you that's delusional.

Just to save you the time and effort, don't bother replying because I'm not going to read it. Seems hypocritical on my part because you're incapable of doing the same.

Old 01-25-2012, 07:45 PM

Quote:
My point being the reasons businesses shy away from PG that you seem oblivious about. You always talk about Virginia which has nothing to do with businesses not locating in PG.
Virginia has EVERYTHING to due with the Failure of Maryland not increasing Business Growth and the anti-Progressive Gang that keeps fighting Maryland from developing on the same scale as Virgnia is also the root to Maryland's anti-Business Climate........

Quote:
Race relations is the reason.
OK 50% and the other 50% is anti-Maryland Pro-Virginia biasness...

Alexandria is almost Majority African American and have more Business Growth than Southern and Eastern Prince Georges County.......

Old 01-25-2012, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyxius View Post
You actually took the time to reply to a two week post. I forgot all about this thread. Just because you refuse to ignore, doesn't make it automatically false. Judging by your reply, you didn't comprehend what I posted. Try withholding evaluation until comprehension is completed.
Ouch I must have stepped on someones toes......

Quote:
I suggest you take another look along Route 1 and Konterra is in Laurel.
I suggest you stop HATING on Prince Georges County and the state of Maryland in terms of trying to keep Maryland from Developing on Virginia's level...

Quote:
You lack the knowledge on the topic and you don't hide that either. You don't know what you're talking about and you're thick in the head with all this anti-growth conspiracy you keep rambling about in which this topic or my opinions has nothing to do with that but your mind is already made up. You make yourself look bad with each additional post because your just making things up and you know it. The worst part is that you're serious.

If you can't see the flaws in Northern Virginia, in which you continuously used as an example, then I'm afraid it's you that's delusional.
OK you Hate Maryland, I get it, but that does not mean that you folx will continue to dictate anti-Growth and anti-Business towards the state of Maryland just so Virginia can have ALL of the Major Business Growth, Upscale Enclosed Retail Shopping Malls, Healthy Highway Infrastructure, and Increasing Rapid Transit...

Quote:
Just to save you the time and effort, don't bother replying because I'm not going to read it. Seems hypocritical on my part because you're incapable of doing the same.
OK, because whether you like it or not Maryland is going to continue to develop eventually on Northern Virginia's level, DAMN a BS "Smart Growth", "Plan Maryland", or any other crazy anti-Maryland political scheme to discriminate against Maryland developing on Virginia's level.........

Old 01-26-2012, 10:52 AM

354 posts, read 785,135 times
Quote:
Virginia has EVERYTHING to due with the Failure of Maryland not increasing Business Growth and the anti-Progressive Gang that keeps fighting Maryland from developing on the same scale as Virgnia is also the root to Maryland's anti-Business Climate........

OK 50% and the other 50% is anti-Maryland Pro-Virginia biasness...

Alexandria is almost Majority African American and have more Business Growth than Southern and Eastern Prince Georges County.......
alexandria is only like 20% black..

race relations play a HUGE part in pg development but of course its not the only factor

Old 01-26-2012, 10:59 AM

354 posts, read 785,135 times
since im a Bowie State Alum i would love to see development around the school, not really office space but some afforable apartments and walkable shops.. there is absolutely nothing to do on campus. if you want to go anywhere u have to get in a car

Old 01-26-2012, 04:15 PM

1 posts, read 696 times
That's too close to comfort for me and my family. We moved to the area because it was out of the way and quiet. I don't want apartment buildings and extra traffic. Sorry, but it is a classic case of NIMBY for me.

Old 01-26-2012, 04:40 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,639,531 times
If anything should be developed, it should benefit the Bowie State campus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland