Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2012, 09:46 PM

4 posts, read 4,218 times

Advertisements

Hi all; I was just transferred to the Maryland area from Miami, FL.
I would like to situate myself anywhere from Montgomery Village / Germantown line south to Bethesda / Rockville line since my office will be in Gaithersburg; I don't mind 20 to 25 minutes commute.
I would like to Rent in a quite nbrhood.
My children are grown, they will visit from time to time.
I have a budget of $ 1,500.00/month for 1 or 2 Broom Apt/Condo.
any help advising where to begin looking would be appreciated

Thank you

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2012, 06:09 AM

62 posts, read 188,926 times
If I was a single professional working in Gaithersburg, I think I would first check out apartments in the Fallsgrove area and around RIO. I know a few people who live over there (Fallsgrove) and they really like it. Those two areas are close to several small concentrated shopping areas. Though I find that area to be a little busy. If you want really quiet you could look into Germantown, that's where I currently live. It's very suburban so there's no night life here and only chain restaurants and stores for the most part. Not really a place where singles want to live. But, you can find very quiet apartment complexes like the one my brother lives in and happens to border my single family home community. We also have direct access to Black Hills Park if you're into hiking. I have colleagues that live in Bethesda which is great for them since we work in Bethesda, but the congestion gets pretty annoying and I'm not sure if that price point will work there. Oh, a lot of people also like the Kentlands area (Gaithersburg). I know one guy who rented in a community there and he loved it. I like the idea of the Kentlands again because it is close to shopping and it's a nice community.

Old 02-03-2012, 08:41 AM

13,368 posts, read 27,015,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Burg Native View Post
Oh, a lot of people also like the Kentlands area (Gaithersburg).
I agree Kentlands is great, as it's a walkable, neo-urban development. But I don't think a $1500 budget will work in Kentlands. However, there are plenty of other apts and townhouses in Germantown and Gaithersburg which ought to work for the OP.

Old 02-03-2012, 12:53 PM

4 posts, read 4,218 times
Thank you so very much for your inputs!!
I am a social but not a party goer every week
How is the crime rate is Gtown / Gburg?

Old 02-03-2012, 01:01 PM

789 posts, read 2,563,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netcomt View Post
Thank you so very much for your inputs!!
I am a social but not a party goer every week
How is the crime rate is Gtown / Gburg?
I livin in the Village and I'll be the first to tell you there's crime in Gtown /Gburg. However coming from Miami, which I'm familiar with, you have nothing to worry about, especially if you avoid a few areas. Welcome to the cold. Oh, and driving here is child's play compared to the 95,441, etc..

Old 02-03-2012, 01:32 PM

1,106 posts, read 2,882,088 times
Another bump for Falls Grove and Kentlands.

Old 02-03-2012, 06:12 PM

732 posts, read 968,311 times
This might not help you in your apartment search, but good luck on that. I've lived in maryland DC suburbs and Miami, FL both and I can say that you will find Maryland a very expensive place to live in comparison to most places in FL. Fortunately your kids are out of the house and that should help. At least you get a Trader Joe in Maryland.... that helps. Best of luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland