Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2007, 05:36 PM

3 posts, read 30,505 times

Advertisements

I was planning on parking at the college park, university of MD metro station and leaving my ar overnight while i stay in DC. Someone told me this is not a safe area to leave my car and it might get broken into. Is this true? Will my car be safe if I leave it on a saturday night?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2007, 06:14 PM

40 posts, read 266,934 times
I don't know much about the College Park area, except that everyone I have talked to said it was not a very safe area, especially off campus. Car break-ins seem to be a very common type of crime in the DC metro area (even in some of the better areas), so based on that I wouldn't leave my car (not that it's that great in the first place) anywhere remotely sketchy overnight. Hope this helps.

Old 09-07-2007, 07:52 PM

196 posts, read 796,030 times
If you do have to leave it there, stick a note on the window saying that there's nothing of value, the doors are unlocked, and don't break my windows. lol

My wife constantly gives me grief for not locking my doors, ever. I keep saying there's nothing in there worth more than the $300 it would cost to replace my window. In fact, I made mention of that very thing when her truck got broken into. Cost - $80 tool kit behind the seat they took, $280 drivers side window replacement.

Old 09-08-2007, 01:08 AM

1,463 posts, read 6,221,924 times
Your better off just leaving the keys in ignition....and the doors unlocked...Maybe if you have a swat team surrounding it. Tons of punks who cruise Metro and Apartment parking lots looking to steal cars or break in. I believe CP had one of the worst records...

Old 09-08-2007, 07:10 AM

1,389 posts, read 6,301,367 times
No matter where you park your car, your car might get broken into. So i guess that means you will just drive around all night long.
Everyone here agreeds in the Dc Metropolitan area your car can get broken into at anytime that means when you park your car you are taking a risk.
I also try to park my car in a residentail area off street parking because you are less likely to have your car broken into.

Old 09-08-2007, 07:24 AM

551 posts, read 1,875,647 times
Your car could get broken into anywhere. I live in a high rise in Bethesda with securities cameras and people have broken into cars to steal gps units. I would recommend having nothing of value showing in your car and also have a visible club or locking device which makes your car less likely to be chosen for a break-in. That being said, I think metro stations are especially bad places to leave your car over night and I wouldn't park at college park metro.

Old 09-10-2007, 01:01 PM

3 posts, read 30,505 times
wow, thanks everyone..i didn't realize it would be that bad. i def won't be leaving my car there now. thanks for all the feedback!

Old 09-10-2007, 06:48 PM

915 posts, read 3,180,902 times
hah...

there is nothing wrong leaving your car there..dont leaving like anything that attract people...i left my car there a lot
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland