Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2012, 12:52 PM

49 posts, read 107,539 times

Advertisements

We will be moving to the area this summer and are looking for a homeschool co-op and/or support group in the Potomac/Rockville/Gaithersburg/Bethesda area for my middle school aged son. We would prefer a Christian group but it's not necessary. I've done some searching online and have found several groups but only one co-op and I'm not even sure if it is still functioning now. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2012, 01:34 PM

789 posts, read 2,563,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by choski94 View Post
We will be moving to the area this summer and are looking for a homeschool co-op and/or support group in the Potomac/Rockville/Gaithersburg/Bethesda area for my middle school aged son. We would prefer a Christian group but it's not necessary. I've done some searching online and have found several groups but only one co-op and I'm not even sure if it is still functioning now. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Call and ask about FSP. http://covenantlifeschool.org/

Old 03-13-2012, 04:46 PM

4,899 posts, read 7,445,513 times
The Home School Legal Defense Association is in Purcellville, Virginia. I'm sure you could call them to get references or they can point you in the right direction. Good luck!

Old 04-24-2013, 09:03 AM

1 posts, read 1,964 times
Free Junior Ranger Camps at Clara Barton National Historic Site and Glen Echo Park

Camp 1: July 10 & 11
Camp 2: July 17 & 18
Camp 3: July 31 & August 1
Camp 4: August 7 & 8

Time: 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.

History will come alive for children ages 9-13 during two-day camps with fun-filled learning activities related to Clara Barton’s life and the history of Glen Echo Park. Children will gain an understanding of the National Park Service mission and the national significance of both sites.

The theme of the 2013 Junior Ranger Camps will be Civil War to Civil Rights. The year 1863, one hundred and fifty years ago, was a pivotal year for the Civil War and the life of Clara Barton. The Emancipation Proclamation was issued, African American men joined Union military service and Clara Barton was introduced to the concept of equal rights for African Americans. One hundred years later, Martin Luther King Jr. delivered his “I Have a Dream” speech inspiring Americans to strive for true equality and defining the vision of the Civil Rights Movement.

Space is limited, and reservations are required. Please call 301-320-1410 for reservations. Clara Barton National Historic Site is located at 5801 Oxford Road, Glen Echo, MD 20812.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland