U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 11:50 PM

1,114 posts, read 2,192,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khemistry View Post
Whatever point you were trying to make, was completely lost on me. Sounds like you're grasping at straws. You're pointing out small municipalities as somehow being "the face" of an entire region. Langley Park would be the only area in your rant, that has relevance. Lewisdale is a relatively small development, located within Hyattsville, which is largely diverse with a steadily declining crime rate. Bladensburg is getting about as close to central PGC, as you can get. Again, Mt. Rainier is a small city with a small populous. How does these relatively small areas compare to the great areas of Northern PG, such as Laurel, Beltsville, College Park, large areas of Adelphi, large areas of Hyattsville, and large areas of Greenbelt??? You're trying to make a point that doesn't exist. Growing up in Lewisdale, it's a far cry from how nice it used to be, but I'd feel safer walking through Lewisdale in the middle of the night, than walking around Forestville or Suitland or Oxon Hill. Turn on the news once in a while. I don't remember the last murder I've heard about in Lewisdale. Seems like every time there is a murder which makes the news, it's located somewhere in central or southern PG.

Again, you sound butt hurt over something that wasn't directed towards you. Perhaps you're guilty of being some of the lowly people I've described. Can't help if the truth doesn't tickle your fancy. Look at the rates of suspension in PG County schools. Last time I checked, the schools in central and southern PG county had significantly higher suspension rates, than those in the northern section. You can TRY to be dismissive of the FACTS if you want to; you can try to use general occurrences as scapegoats if you want to; but at the end of the day, the difference between what I said and what you said, is that my comments were based on FACTS and yours are based on weak emotions and unsubstantiated claptrap.

You want to try, again, or are we about done here?? I don't mind debating with people, but I'm wasting keystrokes on those who have nothing tangible to state to me.
That's cool and all bro- but here are the FACTS:

There was just a murder in Lewisdale a few days ago, as well as a triple shooting in the apartments behind PG plaza-

Gazette.Net: Prince George’s police chief breaks down weekend crime

From Jan. 2011 to July 2011 of the 46 murders that occurred in the county, @ least 13 (from my count that is) were committed in "Northern PG". The rest were either scattered throughout the county or were localized to the usual hotspots (Cap heights, Landover, etc)

Gazette.net: Maryland Community Newspapers Online

And I guess Riverdale, Edmonston, Queens Chapel and University Blvd wouldn't be considered Northern County either, huh? These large streets all travel through many different cities, so unfortunately everybody gets a piece of the action- As a matter of fact, PG301 posted a map of all the murders in the county from 2005-2011, check it out and see for yourself Northern County is no slouch when it comes to violence-

I'm not actually getting your argument? That one side of the county is better/worse than the other? Why does it matter either way? It's the same county, with the same issues!!!

And for the record, I would take my chances with Forest Creek over Springhill Lake in Greenbelt, any day-

Last edited by cool rob; 04-17-2012 at 12:01 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2012, 04:41 PM

678 posts, read 677,401 times
Quote:
Pg County is some shyt.(No offense)
Offense taken. There are some parts that are downright a shame and embarrassing, but with c. 800,000 residents. It ain't all bad.

Old 04-23-2012, 08:46 AM

331 posts, read 528,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cool rob View Post
And for the record, I would take my chances with Forest Creek over Springhill Lake in Greenbelt, any day-
then u is a damn fool!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland