Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 10:16 PM

692 posts, read 1,728,679 times

Advertisements

This is one of the most insulting posts I have read on this forum. You call an entire county of people stupid because their politics do not align with yours. You use language that is racist and inflammatory. Most of the people I know vote on the issues not the race of the canidate.

Steele tried to get elected to a Senate seat not to become governor.
Steele believes removing our troops from Iraq is wrong. He doesn't want to "Cut and Run". That nonsense is the same thing Bush and Republican party has been pushing for years now. Unlike you I read and not just right wing propaganda sites. I am informed about what is going on in my state and my country. If you would stop being a right wing lap dog you might stop voting for Republicans too.
You mention Obama in your post. Have you read his book? Do you know he's not a Republican? Steele and Obama are two different men. They don't share the same political views.

Quote:
Originally Posted by howsitgoingdude3 View Post
You know the irony with them not voting for Steele? I bet it was probably because he's a republican, smart, articulate, and not a follower or democratic lappy. Therefore he must be a "sell out." However, i bet in a few years the overwhelming group that complains most about putting a black in power for the Governors seat and finally had a chance to do it, but did not will complain and call the white guy they voted in racist in another 4 years. Just watch they'll all start complaining how Maryland is racist and does not want to elect a blk govoner.

A smart black guy has a better chance becoming Govoner in Virginia or Alabama than in Maryland, because of Prince Georges County. Mark my word that’s the stupidity of this area! Just a bunch of loyal democratic lap dog “sell outs.” Hell you might as well start saying "Yes sir Massa Clinton" When you fools elect Hillary. I'd be shocked if Obama got a majority vote in the county. He's bi-racial and since he speaks well and is educated he is probably consider by residents as not black enough! Oh and Steele was on the opposite side of the aisle on the Iraq war he got a lot of flak from Republicans for his opposing postion, so know what you're talking about Democratic Lappy's before you yell out false facts!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2007, 10:25 PM

382 posts, read 952,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscalder View Post
I will apolize for saying Rednecks but not for the rest of my statement. It is true that majority of republicans donot believe Blacks,Hispanics,Women or anyone who are not White Male should never be elected.
Please, stop showing your ignorance and generalizing about the majority of Republicans. If you could look beyond your republican/white hate and realize that there has been a Hispanic Attorney General until just recently. Also remember that a Republican president put the first woman on the Supreme Court bench. Also remember that the first black Secretary of State was Colin Powell and the first black woman Secretary of State was Condi Rice both put there by a Republican President and the list goes on. In fact, Bush appointed Gale Norton, Secretary of the Interior; a woman, Ann Veneman, Secretary of Agriculture; a woman, Elaine Chao, Secretary of Labor; a woman, Norman Yoshio Mineta, Secretary of Transportation; Japanese, Roderick Paige, Secretary of Education; Black. And this was in just his first term. You need to seriously think about what your saying before you say it.

By the way, apologies are not accepted and never good enough when whites say things that are demeaning to other races so why should you or any other non-white get a pass when you make racist statements about whites? You have positioned yourself as the type of person who uses the currently popular "double standard method" when it comes to race name calling.

Old 09-25-2007, 10:37 PM

1,389 posts, read 6,289,240 times
Majority of blacks right now have support Obama and will support him because of his views not because of his race. We as blacks know that their are plenty of educated African Americans so Steele is not the only one in politics as a mater of fact the majors of DC have always been black and Dc is majority black resident. The problem i have with steele was for the war. I donot in any way support wars. I do support saving lives.
Since we are on the topic of saving lives why are the Republicans right now not will to approve the Children State Health Insurance which is for middle class who are struggling and cannot afford private health insurance for their children but yet they support a war and putting America in to debt. The Republicans are saying if the bill get pass, the bill will cost America too much money to save children's life but its ok to put America into debt to kill.
I thought Republicans are for saving lives or is that just to get in power.
The Republican party is so corrupt. The Bush Administration have done nothing but brain wash American citizens, by leading us into a war that was all about oil but they lied to us and thats who you want to support.
The Right Wing lap puppies Why are we in Iraq? Where are the weapon of mass destructions? Why is the only thing we have found in Iraq is oil? Do you have any children serving in the Army? I bet not thats why you are defending republicans right now because your love ones are not risking their lives.

Old 09-25-2007, 10:41 PM

144 posts, read 630,033 times
You have got to know what you are dealing with before engaging with people.

The questioned is asked in a benign fashion to elicit responses. Same thing he did with "Is PG county a safe place to live now" or whatever that other thread he started.

This clown clearly has a negative agenda against PG County and was waiting for the responses to spew his labeling, close minded agenda regarding PG county folks as the board has been quiet regarding this county for sometime.

He could have obtained his answer to the question quicker by Googling the information however he has not been able to spew his hateful venom in sometime and some have taken the self-serving bait.

The best way to deal with this stuff is don't respond.

Old 09-25-2007, 10:49 PM

1,389 posts, read 6,289,240 times
Thats the reason why Colin Powel lresign because Bush was using him as his escape goat.
Condaleeza Rice is his next escape goat. Who do you see have to testify infront of congress Condi Rice and what is she tesify for, All the things bush have orderd them to do but he puts the blame on them after everything is in the light.
Please stop naming names, you have yet to realize bush did all of this to hide. the Hispanic Attorney general where is he now? He resign as well because Bush ordered him to fire the Attorney's who did not support Bush doings. what did Bush do? He left him standing in the rain all alone and he watch him take all the heat. The first women on the Supreme court most republicans donot like because most of her votes support democrates.
If bush puts an minority in power its for his own good.

Old 09-25-2007, 11:05 PM

692 posts, read 1,728,679 times
Bush's cabinet appointees have been a joke.

Colin Powell a man I once admired lied to the UN.
Condolezza Rice has been a disgrace. I hope she loves those shoes she bought while New Orleans was flooding.
Gale Norton was national chairwoman of the Coalition of Republican Environmental Advocates, a group funded by, among others, Ford Motor Company and oil giant BP Amoco (now BP America). Norton was connected to non-environmentally friendly industries. She was a lawyer for Brownstein Hyatt & Farber, Norton had represented Delta Petroleum and lobbied for NL Industries, which was defending itself in lawsuits over children’s exposure to lead paint.
Ann Venemanserved on the board of directors for Calgene Inc. In 1994 Calgene became the first company to bring genetically-engineered food, the Flavr Savr tomato, to supermarket shelves.
Elaine Chao here's an article on her.
Laura Flanders: Elaine Chao, a First Daughter for the First Son
Norman Yoshio Mineta was first appointed by Clinton as the secretary of commerce.
Roderick Paige Read this article.
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/01/14/po...2e&oref=slogin

Quote:
Originally Posted by expgc View Post
Please, stop showing your ignorance and generalizing about the majority of Republicans. If you could look beyond your republican/white hate and realize that there has been a Hispanic Attorney General until just recently. Also remember that a Republican president put the first woman on the Supreme Court bench. Also remember that the first black Secretary of State was Colin Powell and the first black woman Secretary of State was Condi Rice both put there by a Republican President and the list goes on. In fact, Bush appointed Gale Norton, Secretary of the Interior; a woman, Ann Veneman, Secretary of Agriculture; a woman, Elaine Chao, Secretary of Labor; a woman, Norman Yoshio Mineta, Secretary of Transportation; Japanese, Roderick Paige, Secretary of Education; Black. And this was in just his first term. You need to seriously think about what your saying before you say it.

By the way, apologies are not accepted and never good enough when whites say things that are demeaning to other races so why should you or any other non-white get a pass when you make racist statements about whites? You have positioned yourself as the type of person who uses the currently popular "double standard method" when it comes to race name calling.

Old 09-26-2007, 05:41 AM

382 posts, read 952,288 times
Getting off the point won't help you. The blanket statement was made about the majority of white Republicans who don't want anyone but white males to hold offices in government. I am not vouching for the quality of person, male/female/black/hispanic who has held or been appointed to these offices but to the point that they have not been all white males. Now we see why PG county is and will always be largely Democrat.

Old 09-26-2007, 07:02 PM

57 posts, read 296,952 times
Default large urban jurisdictions

Practically every single populous urban jurisdiction regardless of racial make-up votes democratic. This should be obvious to anyone paying even the slightest bit of attention. Case in point for this area:
  • DC
  • PG
  • MoCo
  • Fairfax
  • Alexandria
  • Arlington
Each one is densely populated, urban, and votes democratic. Again, and the racial make-up of these counties vary widely.
The only exception i can think of off the top of my head is Orange County, CA.
-LE

Old 09-27-2007, 01:05 AM

10,130 posts, read 15,817,308 times
PG County is definitely extremely, crazily liberal. The county is overrun with illegal immigrants from Mexico and Central America and they want new laws passed that are sympathetic to illegal immigrants.

The residents of the county voted against its homegrown son, Michael Steele, an honorable man and American patriot (and a black man), in favor of white Balitmore mayor Martin O'Malley, a snivelling, incompetent pompous liberal who wants to give in state tuition to illegal immigrants.

Republican policies will do wonders for PG County and Maryland. All the strict gun laws in this state haven't made us safer. The Democrats don't understand that people want to feel safe. People have a right to bear arms instead of just sit there helplessly as criminals and illegal immigrants break into their homes or businesses or hold them at gunpoint in the parking lot. Also, the problem of poverty in this region will never be solved until illegal immigration is halted.

Old 09-27-2007, 01:09 AM

10,130 posts, read 15,817,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurelengineer View Post
Practically every single populous urban jurisdiction regardless of racial make-up votes democratic. This should be obvious to anyone paying even the slightest bit of attention. Case in point for this area:
  • DC
  • PG
  • MoCo
  • Fairfax
  • Alexandria
  • Arlington
Each one is densely populated, urban, and votes democratic. Again, and the racial make-up of these counties vary widely.
The only exception i can think of off the top of my head is Orange County, CA.
-LE

Actually, only EAST COAST urban areas are Democratic. There are countless major cities and metro areas where Republicans and conservatives dominate...

Raleigh, Atlanta, Tampa, Miami, Salt Lake City, Las Vegas, Phoenix, Tucson, St. Louis, Kansas City, New Orleans, Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, San Antonio, Omaha, Oklahoma City, Cincinnati, Columbus, Denver, Des Moines, Indianapolis, Louisville, Albuquerque, Santa Fe.....the list is endless.

The urban areas of the Northeast and West Coast are just out of touch with the rest of the nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland