Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2012, 05:33 PM

6 posts, read 6,801 times

Advertisements

My son was just diagnosed with a condition that requires special treatment. His doctors recommended that I move to Montgomery County and get him treatment through that system because it's the best and they know all the doctors there. Currently, I live with family in DC. I was planning to move anyway into my own place, but I was going to move to VA Beach or the Southern MD areas of Charles, Calvert and St. Mary's Counties. Based on the doctor's recommendations, I want my son to have the best care, so Montgomery County it is.

My only issue is that I am having a hard time finding a place. It is so expensive. I wanted to spend between $800 and $1000 for a 2 bedroom (perfectly feasible in some of the suburb towns of VA Beach and some areas of Southern MD, but I am having no current luck for Montgomery County.)

I also have a small, clean chihuahua and need a place that's pet friendly.

I am looking for wall to wall carpet, and am willing to buy my own portable washer/dryer and dishwasher, I guess, because those things don't seem to come in my price range for this area. Can anyone recommend any complexes?

I would like a clean, safe area and I prefer the suburbs if possible and a place on the second floor, parking, close to discount shopping is also a plus (dollar tree, walmart, target). Those are my ideal things but please if you know of any place in my price range, then please tell me about it and why you think it's a nice place to live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2012, 06:17 PM

13,368 posts, read 27,015,812 times
All I can think of is to look into some county subsidized housing, or a house sharing situation.

Old 08-03-2012, 06:34 PM

82 posts, read 186,645 times
Okay, they are a few places on Craigslist, even one in Bethesda in your range. Go look on that website, under Maryland, dc area suburbs. I plugged in 800-1000 price range, 2 bedroom, dog friendly. One warning with Craigslist, you have to strike while the iron is hot, so to speak, and jump on any property you see that meets your requirements. Don't be surprised to find other applicants, but don't be disheartened either. You can find something there, just keep searching. Go look now.

Old 08-03-2012, 08:22 PM

6 posts, read 6,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zxcvbn View Post
Okay, they are a few places on Craigslist, even one in Bethesda in your range. Go look on that website, under Maryland, dc area suburbs. I plugged in 800-1000 price range, 2 bedroom, dog friendly. One warning with Craigslist, you have to strike while the iron is hot, so to speak, and jump on any property you see that meets your requirements. Don't be surprised to find other applicants, but don't be disheartened either. You can find something there, just keep searching. Go look now.
Unfortunately, the ads that look like that with the one line and the 4 pictures have all been a fill out a credit report scam. I've responded to several already. I will give it a shot and reply to that one, but it might not be real, but I'll be hopeful. Thank you for letting me know. I'll post whether it was legitimate or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland