Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 07:44 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,938,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtitans View Post
How does someone know that is your social security card? I can easily take my brother's SSN card and pose as him right? How can you prove that I'm or I'm not the person the SSN card?

The issue is the intent of why the Republicans are trying to past this, but the reality is it doesn't matter. It's a sound law, no matter who it affects. To say that ID is not necessary is like me going to tell a store to sell me, without id, a gun because people don't pretend to be able legally possess guns. The assumption that people won't commit fraud hasn't nothing to do with how sound or constitutional the law is.

Are you suggesting people using social security card as a means to prove they are legal citizens of this nation?

In what way is requiring ID unconstitutional? Ask yourself a fundamental question, why do we carry ID in the first place?
You could just as easily commandeer your brother's SS card and make a picture ID saying youre him, argument still doesn't make sense. Not much more that I can say to you since you're dancing around the FACT that the 24th Amendment prohibits poll taxes like requiring the purchase of an ID.

Stop acting as if the government doesn't keep records as to who is a citizen and who is not. They have your birth certificate on file and your naturalization if you became a US citizen. If you try to vote and you're not on the voter roll, they'll give you a provisional ballot then if you are proven not to be a citizen, its not counted.

I really wish you'd answer my question of why you believe stamping out supposed voter fraud should the right for every American to vote, but no rightie has been to answer that one without hemming and hawing thus far. It doesn't make logical sense to combat a phantom problem at the expense of legitimate votes being counted, it's pretty transparently a Democratic vote suppression ploy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2012, 07:55 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,953,334 times
My beagle has more common sense than these DNC paid operatives. You need an ID to do anything of importance. Tells you how much these people value the integrity of their vote. They don't care if it's canceled out by an illegal vote. Can't say I blame them. We all know the illegal votes are for the same people these DNC water carriers support.

Old 09-17-2012, 08:01 PM

7,301 posts, read 13,514,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
My beagle has more common sense than these DNC paid operatives. You need an ID to do anything of importance. Tells you how much these people value the integrity of their vote. They don't care if it's canceled out by an illegal vote. Can't say I blame them. We all know the illegal votes are for the same people these DNC water carriers support.
OMG I wish I were getting paid to read this drivel.

Old 09-17-2012, 08:14 PM

575 posts, read 554,397 times
Quote:
Why do you hate Democrats so much?

Jeez, it's like all you talk about is how much you HATE them.

Old 09-17-2012, 08:21 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,938,163 times
Quote:
Never anything logical or factual, just anger at liberal bogeymen and poor black people voting

Old 09-17-2012, 08:22 PM

460 posts, read 1,017,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
The 24th Amendment came into being to fight explicit poll taxes that kept black people from voting in the South. You're calling for throwing out the Amendment, I'm not sure what other conclusion I should reach from that. Whether or not you want to call yourself a Republican, you're doing a good job carrying their water like a lot of the other right wingers who want to be cool and not call themselves Republicans because of its connotations.

I don't recall having a bank account being a constitutional "right", it is a service extended to you by the bank. You're making a ridiculous comparison in saying that voting should be held to the same standards of being able to open a bank account or enter a nightclub

I'm not sure where you get these bizarre conspiracy theories that all these illegal immigrants are voting. In your mind, voter suppression is OK as long as it takes care of a problem that doesn't even exist. You may disagree with me and most Americans that allowing every eligible American to vote takes priority over possible voter fraud but we have a Constitution to protect people from your vision of voting only for the privileged.

Not sure where... ANYONE has mentioned taxing..........?

Sooooooo...............

Old 09-17-2012, 08:29 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,984,588 times
Quote:
You could just as easily commandeer your brother's SS card and make a picture ID saying youre him, argument still doesn't make sense. Not much more that I can say to you since you're dancing around the FACT that the 24th Amendment prohibits poll taxes like requiring the purchase of an ID.

Stop acting as if the government doesn't keep records as to who is a citizen and who is not. They have your birth certificate on file and your naturalization if you became a US citizen. If you try to vote and you're not on the voter roll, they'll give you a provisional ballot then if you are proven not to be a citizen, its not counted.

I really wish you'd answer my question of why you believe stamping out supposed voter fraud should the right for every American to vote, but no rightie has been to answer that one without hemming and hawing thus far. It doesn't make logical sense to combat a phantom problem at the expense of legitimate votes being counted, it's pretty transparently a Democratic vote suppression ploy
SSN is ID, it just not photo ID. You even admitted that ID is necessary to prove that someone is a citizen, so how does it not apply to the 24th amendment?

Old 09-17-2012, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasershen111 View Post
Not sure where... ANYONE has mentioned taxing..........?

Sooooooo...............
I did way back on page 1. Not sure how anyone could argue that the intent (and effect) of these laws is not identical to the poll tax. Shameful.

Old 09-17-2012, 08:30 PM

460 posts, read 1,017,769 times
Quote:

Again.... Please explain to me how requiring an ID is in any way taking away people right to vote.

Also... I think what pgtitans is saying... By not requiring an ID for voting... Is just making it simpler for fraud on a larger level. I bet I could do a very simple search for a few people I know on whether or not they are registered to vote... And where.... And if I retrieved the appropriate information... Could go... Say I'm them..... And place a vote. What is preventing anyone from doing that??

Old 09-17-2012, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtitans View Post
SSN is ID, it just not photo ID. You even admitted that ID is necessary to prove that someone is a citizen, so how does it not apply to the 24th amendment?
You know how many times I bought beer with a phony photo Id in my younger years? The concept is not that foreign.

A photo Id will not prevent the rampant voter fraud that is sweeping across this nation. Barcodes! Retinal scans! THAT'S WHAT WE NEED!

(or for a political party to quit trying to marginalize those who who support them at a rate of approximately 0%)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland