Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2012, 08:23 AM

377 posts, read 575,896 times

Advertisements

As soon as I moved back from living in Dallas County, TX 1990-2005 to metro DC, Greenbelt, Calverton and now I live right where 97/28/200 greet each other -- It was all about the ICC. It effected really old me (1929) because I'm retired, drive to shop and scared of driving in the first place.

Back in 2005, it was Old Gunpowder Rd. It effected me in 2006 when I moved to Calverton. It opened up the whole State of Maryland for me. They were reconfiguring my access to Laurel and to USPS. Even my access to Greenbelt. I avoid the concrete. I enjoy driving and sightseeing local areas. So minutes don't harm me and my Prius. My dog enjoys the sights and sounds too. I enjoy observing how others drive too.

In 2010 I moved to my present condo. I was a tenant before that. Walking my dog and having a horizon view of the area has forced me to include "flying objects" because they are always there seeming to monitor the roads.

So now when "road" is mentioned, for me, it includes aircraft. I also was informed that they are consolidating the military bases in Laurel and the Military live in Germantown. So I now fantasize a vertical fence around the Maryland side of the White House between the Atlantic Ocean.

The aircraft types seem to be 3 different kinds. Planes, Helicopters and could it be that there are drones too? Otherwise there are two entirely different kinds of Helicopters. The big black one that hovered over me right at the fence on 28 almost touching the condo line of carports was the kind I can identify. There is one "thing" that simply looks like an orange ball and it seems to travel differently but that may be because it doesn't flicker like I'm used to helicopters and planes.

Now on the ground that area is recognized by Montgomery County as piling up traffic all the way to Randolph Road and they are doing something about it. They are going to evolve bus transportation.

This is just some observations of my own. The creation of ICC has really educated me about my environs and expanded my ideas about protecting the Capital of the USA from the Atlantic Ocean vertically.

Guess this is all because on 7th&G St S E, I was in Ellen Wilson Apartment and shouting out the window to my single parent mom (we were on welfare) hanging out clothes "Mom the Japs bombed Pearl Harbor. We're at war. " I only knew that it meant the USA. Didn't know how? Events happened so fast on the radio. Germany declared war on the USA. The USA declared war on Germany. FDR said "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself." So I'm constantly fearful but unafraid to be true to myself. I expect every single person to be just like me so I respect every other person.

Years later, being more educated, I realized that my mom was my age in WWI and so I asked her: "Mom, which was worse for you, WWI or WWII." Without hesitation: "WWII. WWI was over there, WWII is over here."

So you can imagine how I felt 9/11/2001 and how I research it. Especially spending my first 20 years in that 7th Street S.E. local.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2012, 12:41 PM

575 posts, read 554,325 times
What in the hell are you talking about?

Old 09-27-2012, 04:10 PM

15,430 posts, read 25,807,497 times
I can't figure out where 97/28/200 intersect. I do know where Old Gun-powder Rd is though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland