Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2012, 07:18 PM

1 posts, read 2,034 times

Advertisements

I recently dropped my boss off at his apartment went in and had a cup of coffee before driving home. it was very late around 230 am. as im leaving i notice my car is not where i left it. i come to find out my car had been towed. confused i asked do you have any evidence of my vehicle being parked illegally, as i was 100% sure that my car was in a proper location. the operated said the drivers took pictures before towing so i said ok. after i took a cab to the impound lot it was now about 400 am, i approach the window, i request a copy of said imagine as proof that i was in the wrong before i give away 144 dollars for the tow. the company was G&G towing and as soon as i requested the picture, the attendant went on to threaten me saying things like, look im the only one here...if your not going to pay....and generally hinting at the fact that she held all the cards. so grudgingly i pay, with no evidence of my "illegal" parking. so i pull my car out of impound and there is a tow truck sitting at the end of the street. it proceeds to follow me all the way back to my house about 11 miles away. when i attempted to confront the driver, he shut his lights off rolled back in his truck and tried to hide, its at this point that a MoCo police cruiser rawrs by does a quick u-turn just out of sight and props himself with his lights off on the side of the road as if he were waiting for a sting operation or what have you. i went up to the window of the tow truck, he didn't look at me, did not speak to me. so at this point i call 911. i told them the situation, and about the cop that was posted up the street. the tow truck takes off, the police come and give me the usual bs that they give out and say or well i dunno. i feel like i was harassed and the fact that they wouldn't provide documented proof of my illegal parking, leads me to believe that this G&G towing is a shady business. should i take legal action so to receive compensation for the "pain/suffering" and a refund. because let me tell you, standing outside at 3 am in the rain after just getting off work, and then getting tailed by a psychotic batman wanna be tow truck driver, not the best night ive ever had.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2012, 05:21 AM

15,431 posts, read 25,807,497 times
Were there signs posted at the parking lot? How did you know which towing company to contact? Them following you does seem weird though.

Old 04-18-2013, 09:33 PM

1 posts, read 1,893 times
File a complaint with the Office if Consumer Protection in Montgomery County. This tow company needs to learn their lesson & people need to know how shady this company & their criminal, drugged up drivers are! It's an embarrassment that so many properties work with a trashy company like this!
All people hate bring towed & no impound company will get a positive review, but this company is beyond shady & I've had better more pleasant experiences at another smaller tow company.

Old 04-20-2013, 08:24 AM

318 posts, read 762,179 times
No point in calling the police; it's a civil issue. The whole following you part would be impossible to prove as a crime since I am assuming everything is on public roadways. The police cruiser watching you was probably trying to figure out why you were accosting the tow truck driver.

Good luck with your lawsuit.

Old 04-22-2013, 10:06 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,891,953 times
That is know as "wildcatting" and was shunned decades ago in NOVA where it was really rampant, especially around the Pentagon City/Ballston area. You can cry foul all you want but there is little you will accomplish. I approached a property management representative and accused him of getting a kickback for the $200 impound fee the company they contracted extorted from it's victims. He was shocked and blew up - I took it as being guilty as charged.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland