Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 10:33 AM

7,083 posts, read 9,561,771 times

Advertisements

For a few years now I always wondered why there was no Apple Store near or on the University of Maryland Campus. I know crime jumps out in a lot of peoples' heads, but it could have been housed somewhere on campus or at least slated for the East Campus project. Something tells me if Apple were to arrive at all, it would go to National Harbor first unless College Park could impress them with the new East Campus so much that they go there instead or as well.

Prince George's County to pursue Apple, other high-end retailers

Quote:
Prince George's County officials will have their eye on high-end retailers when they are courting companies at the International Council of Shopping Centers' annual conference in Las Vegas in May.
Some of the county's retail goals are more "aspirational," acknowledged David Iannucci, the county's assistant deputy chief administration officer for economic development. Those include an Apple store or a high-end steakhouse such as Ruth's Chris.
Other retailers the county would like the lure, such as Cheesecake Factory or Harris Teeter, are more focused on quality, rather than the perception of "high-end," said Prince George's County Executive Rushern Baker during an interview Friday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2013, 02:10 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times
It would make sense for Apple and Cheesecake to locate in PG.

Old 03-08-2013, 02:29 PM

304 posts, read 713,497 times
How serendipitous. I just mentioned in another thread the other day, how much I'd like a Cheesecake Factory in the county... preferably the Northern area.

Old 03-08-2013, 02:54 PM

377 posts, read 664,930 times
Apple at National Harbor along with Cheesecake Factory would be nice.

Old 03-08-2013, 06:40 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,979,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast GTO View Post
Apple at National Harbor along with Cheesecake Factory would be nice.
I don't think Cheescake Factory really fits down in National Harbor, but that's just my opinion. It would make more sense to put it in the northern part of the county.

Old 03-08-2013, 09:49 PM

377 posts, read 664,930 times
^Probably, Apple would fit really well though.

NH has enough restaurants, needs better retailers, which I guess is the point of Tanger.

Old 03-09-2013, 05:49 AM

2,429 posts, read 3,564,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast GTO View Post
^Probably, Apple would fit really well though.

NH has enough restaurants, needs better retailers, which I guess is the point of Tanger.
From my understanding the Harbor almost had Apple before in 2008 right when the market crashed. Once that happened that location went on the chopping block. Probably because the area was still unproven at the time. Had it come then it would have been where the Peeps store is located. I could see them revisit that location though. It would really be cool if Microsoft, Sony, and Google(they are thinking about opening brick and mortar locations). Would be a great compliment with Tanger Outlet coming in the Fall.

Old 03-09-2013, 08:44 PM

1,698 posts, read 1,822,000 times
The development in Lanham (is it Lanham or Bowie?) with the Costco and Wegmans is basically half-empty. They could put a ton of stuff there. It's not like they're not getting any business. It is so depressing to go to a shopping area that is half-empty while it is still so new!!

Old 03-10-2013, 02:17 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimar View Post
The development in Lanham (is it Lanham or Bowie?) with the Costco and Wegmans is basically half-empty. They could put a ton of stuff there. It's not like they're not getting any business. It is so depressing to go to a shopping area that is half-empty while it is still so new!!
Yeah I don't know what's going on there.

Old 03-10-2013, 03:14 PM

15,427 posts, read 25,795,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimar View Post
Is that the one on 450 and MLK jr highway?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland