Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2013, 11:31 AM

1 posts, read 798 times

Advertisements

We are a military family that has been renting out our house in Bethesda since 2009. DH got orders to go back to the beltway in June. Our current tenant has a lease until 9/30/13. Anyone have insight into trying to break this lease early so that we don't have to move twice and/or live in a hotel for the first three months? I am willing to sweeten the pot for them, I just don't know what my rights/responsibilities are. And unfortunately, they are foreign nationals and their native culture has already caused some uncomfortable situations (HE doesn't like to deal with women... guess who handles all the rental stuff?!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2013, 11:42 AM

34,088 posts, read 82,890,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHM View Post
I just don't know what my rights/responsibilities are.
In short, your responsibilities are to honor the contract. Same as them.

Quote:
Our current tenant has a lease until 9/30/13.
Anyone have insight into trying to break this lease early...
Contact them. Ask nicely.

Coordinating a family to move out by June (even June 30) will be tough...
but they may welcome the opportunity to leave sooner than September.

If asking nicely doesn't get it then you're left with "cash for keys"
to "sweeten the pot" (as you said it) and fewer hotel bills.

hth
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland