Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 11:25 AM

7,076 posts, read 9,522,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renznceman View Post
Re: "Good news not sure how you can extrapolate this county wide though."

Adelphi Sky - Cheerleader for PeeGee County.

Not that that is a bad thing.
If more people took pride in where they lived, perhaps this would be a better world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2013, 11:28 AM

7,076 posts, read 9,522,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtvatitans View Post
Whoa. Chill out man, it's not even that serious.

Then stop posting BS about people being hypocrites.

Old 04-26-2013, 11:57 AM

1,831 posts, read 4,425,289 times
Um, the "Signs of" portion of the title would lead me to believe that the EYA sales are to be extrapolated to the entire County. Although development success in one part of the county can benefit the entire county.

Old 04-26-2013, 12:01 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,942,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
Then stop posting BS about people being hypocrites.
Truth hurts.

Old 04-26-2013, 12:20 PM

1,698 posts, read 1,817,194 times
Why does every single thing have to turn into a personal attack? SOMETIMES it's fair to extrapolate good news to the entire county, just like sometimes you can do the same with bad news. It is so sad that this needs to be explained. If there was a shooting somewhere and 10 people were shot everyone would be like "MY GOD WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS COUNTY!" Just a few years ago on this very board people wrote about how Hyattsville was crappy, and now there's a lot of development, and people are interested in the nearby areas like Cheverly and Mt. Rainier etc. That's good for the whole county, because the whole county has a stigma, and the more areas that become desirable, then it'll be less likely that people will paint the whole county with a broad brush. I don't even live very close to Hyattsville and I think it's very good that it's getting all this positive attention.

Old 04-26-2013, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimar View Post
Why does every single thing have to turn into a personal attack?
How was this a personal attack? So I guess I should pretend that he just posted up about how the Upper Marlboro couple was called a Prince George's County couple? Oh that's right I'm only supposed to point out things that make the county look bad.

Quote:
SOMETIMES it's fair to extrapolate good news to the entire county, just like sometimes you can do the same with bad news. It is so sad that this needs to be explained.
So you don't have an issue when someone says "a murder in Prince George's County", when it's really something that happened in Langley Park? The point is, if someone sees the title of this thread, the assumption that is made, which has already been pointed out by several posters, is that this thread is to talk about how Prince George's County is improving. Instead we get a story about one town, one development in one section, but yet I'm supposed to take that as a trend for the rest of the county? You don't see how misleading that is?

Old 04-26-2013, 12:33 PM

Quote:
How was this a personal attack? So I guess I should pretend that he just posted up about how the Upper Marlboro couple was called a Prince George's County couple? Oh that's right I'm only supposed to point out things that make the county look bad.

So you don't have an issue when someone says "a murder in Prince George's County", when it's really something that happened in Langley Park? The point is, if someone sees the title of this thread, the assumption that is made, which has already been pointed out by several posters, is that this thread is to talk about how Prince George's County is improving. Instead we get a story about one town, one development in one section, but yet I'm supposed to take that as a trend for the rest of the county? You don't see how misleading that is?
Get over yourself.

Old 04-26-2013, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Get over yourself.
Once again the truth hurts.

Old 04-26-2013, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Once again the truth hurts.
Also... some people just aren't worth the time.

Old 04-26-2013, 01:14 PM

158 posts, read 215,719 times
Just drove down branch avenue. Alot of work to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland