Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2014, 11:14 AM

196 posts, read 205,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmvwhatup View Post
@fast GTO National Harbor prob exceeded even Peterson expectations this summer. They're finally getting their niche and becoming a staycation for locals as well as the touristy stuff. Every restaurant packed with 1-2 hour waits on the weekend lol. I think the Harbor is doing OK.
It looks good for now but 2 hr wait is not a good thing for the long run, ppl will get frustrated of long wait and may plan to avoid NH next time, more restaurant option should be available, max wait time must be 30-45min.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2014, 12:01 PM

7,079 posts, read 9,530,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampg1 View Post
It looks good for now but 2 hr wait is not a good thing for the long run, ppl will get frustrated of long wait and may plan to avoid NH next time, more restaurant option should be available, max wait time must be 30-45min.
NH will be just fine even with 2 hour wait times. It shows popularity. You snooze, you loose. Having restaurants constantly booked is a good thing. If you want to eat during a certain time, make a reservation. Simple.

Old 09-04-2014, 10:07 AM

26 posts, read 62,878 times
Anyone know if the skins games will be shown on the jumbotron also is the national children's museum still planning expansion or whats currently there is it?

Old 09-04-2014, 10:23 AM

2,429 posts, read 3,558,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimistic20744 View Post
Anyone know if the skins games will be shown on the jumbotron also is the national children's museum still planning expansion or whats currently there is it?
Don't know for certain but I would be surprised if they didn't. The plan for the outdoor space is still in play. Not sure what the delay is but my guess would be not having the capital to break ground yet. Not for profits are still having a rough time. If it were me I would hit up Tanger's Foundation and MGM for contributions/partnerships.

Old 09-04-2014, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanScholar View Post
Don't know for certain but I would be surprised if they didn't. The plan for the outdoor space is still in play. Not sure what the delay is but my guess would be not having the capital to break ground yet. Not for profits are still having a rough time. If it were me I would hit up Tanger's Foundation and MGM for contributions/partnerships.

That would be a HUGE draw, weather permitting. wonder if they could do college ball as well.

Old 09-04-2014, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanScholar View Post
All the reviews online are 2 stars at best. Wonder how long it will be. Nice to conter balance things for a family to do when mgm opens.

Old 09-04-2014, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
That would be a HUGE draw, weather permitting. wonder if they could do college ball as well.
I could understand why they wouldn't. Just like they cancelled the 4th.fireworks. folks would think they could bring coolers of alcohal and tailgate food lol.

Old 09-04-2014, 10:37 AM

Quote:
All the reviews online are 2 stars at best. Wonder how long it will be. Nice to conter balance things for a family to do when mgm opens.
Yeah the recession really did a number on what they had planned for that location. I agree it would really create a great balance. Hopefully there are future plans to improve their indoor space as well and expand the age range that they serve.

Old 09-04-2014, 11:28 AM

Quote:
the low rating is for the abysmal cost/benefit. Parents and kids both get charged $10 for about 23,000 sqft of exhibit space. My wife went and it is pretty lame for that price. If they took the price down to $3, it would probably get better ratings. We've had more fun at the Turkey Hill Experience in Pennsylvania for $10 a piece for adults and $8 for kids.

Old 09-04-2014, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
they probably could. I believe those types of games shown in a public place would require them to pay some type of fee. Still the trade off for drawing traffic would be worth the cost if there was one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland