Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2013, 01:18 PM

117 posts, read 234,405 times

Advertisements

I was wondering, why isn’t there a Moby Dick in PG county? I love Moby dick! I live in Lanham and I hate having to drive to Silver Spring to get some.

I know of one in University of Maryland, but it isn’t open during the weekends and it’s very inconvenient to unless you are a student on Campus.

You would think that they would open one at National Harbor, Woodmore towne center, or Bowie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2013, 01:23 PM

7,083 posts, read 9,571,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dropping_k View Post
I was wondering, why isn’t there a Moby Dick in PG county? I love Moby dick! I live in Lanham and I hate having to drive to Silver Spring to get some.

I know of one in University of Maryland, but it isn’t open during the weekends and it’s very inconvenient to unless you are a student on Campus.

You would think that they would open one at National Harbor, Woodmore towne center, or Bowie.

Check out Garbonzo Mediterranean Grill in College Park. It just opened up where the old Boston Market used to be by Rugged Warehouse. I've been to a few Moby Dicks in the area and to me, Garbonzo tastes better and you get more food for your money.

Old 06-18-2013, 12:37 AM

692 posts, read 1,004,771 times
Also try Food Factory in College Park although I agree that it's a shame Prince George's is the only county in the DC metro area that doesn't have even one except on the College Park campus. It's not like it's a chi-chi expensive place.

Old 06-19-2013, 09:01 AM

1,698 posts, read 1,822,745 times
You can come to my house in Lanham and have yummy middle eastern food . There's also a roti in College Park, we just drove by it the other day. Roti is pretty good Mediterranean food.

Old 06-19-2013, 11:29 AM

1,831 posts, read 4,435,411 times
It sounds like I need to check out these restaurants. I love Mediterranean food.

Old 02-08-2015, 08:02 AM

117 posts, read 234,405 times
The Silver Spring Location of Moby dick is temporarily closed! I'm upset, that was the nearest Moby Dick for me. The UMD location doesn't count because I can't actually go their on the weekend. Now you either have to go to DC or Onley to get some.

I suggest anyone who would like to have a Moby Dick House of Kabob in PG county e-mail them at: moby@mobysonline.com and request one to be opened. I'm tried of having to drive to Montgomery County to get me some.

Old 02-12-2015, 12:49 AM

2,132 posts, read 2,226,653 times
Nowhere near Prince George's, but I think Grill Kebab has the best kebabs in the area. They've got a dozen or so locations in the DC area.

Kabob Restaurant - Grill Kabob - Afghan Food in Virginia, Maryland, DC

Old 02-12-2015, 01:49 AM

2,193 posts, read 2,689,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dropping_k View Post
The Silver Spring Location of Moby dick is temporarily closed! I'm upset, that was the nearest Moby Dick for me. The UMD location doesn't count because I can't actually go their on the weekend. Now you either have to go to DC or Onley to get some.

I suggest anyone who would like to have a Moby Dick House of Kabob in PG county e-mail them at: moby@mobysonline.com and request one to be opened. I'm tried of having to drive to Montgomery County to get me some.
FYI, City Place mall - the Moby Dick location in Silver Spring - is undergoing a large renovation. According to the most recent lease plans, Moby Dick is being replaced by a new restaurant called MOD Pizza (a west coast chain that's expanding to the east coast (Silver Spring and Philly, to start)). Also, the Silver Spring location isn't listed on Moby Dick's website, so I'd assume it's closed for good rather than just temporarily. Maybe contact that email address to see if they're planning on reopening nearby or elsewhere in the region, if you're so inclined. An old Quiznos space around the corner from the recently closed location comes to mind as being a good fit, if they're interested in continuing in the immediate area.

Old 02-28-2015, 06:04 PM

2,193 posts, read 2,689,433 times
I can confirm Moby Dick has closed their SS location for good. However, their's a sign on the door saying they're "moving up the street from Chik-fil-A 2016" so there's a decent chance they're eyeing the defunct Quiznos space I mentioned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland