Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 07:14 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,870,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimar View Post
You forgot griping about the "failures" of the African American community, that's usually a really popular one on this board.

That's kind of a baited suggestion since the county is majority black.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2013, 10:27 AM

7,078 posts, read 9,530,476 times
Default Pizza Paradiso Confirmed - NBC News 4

Check out this video about the new Pizza Paradiso coming to Hyattsville.

Video | NBC4 Washington

Quote:
Pizzeria Paradiso is partnering with Art Works to purchase a dual-use building in Prince George's County, Md. bringing much-needed fresh food and art to the community.
Barbara Johnson was looking for a new home for Art Works Studio School, currently based in the Gateway District of Mount Rainier, Md.
"We mix a social justice curriculum with visual arts education," Johnson, a native of Hyattsville told News4.
The school paired with Pizzeria Paradiso to move into a dual-use building at 4800 Rhode Island Ave. in Hyattsville, Md.
"I think Paradiso is a neighborhood place and I think this is a great community, a great neighborhood, it's a natural fit," Johnson said.
Paradiso is well-known in the DMV with locations in three affluent areas -- DuPont Circle, Old Town Alexandria and Georgetown. The partnership will extend Paradiso to Prince George's County, an area that was recently deemed a "food desert" by the USDA -- meaning its residents lack access to fresh food and restaurants.

Old 08-14-2013, 06:07 AM

25 posts, read 40,960 times
So is the Terrapin Turf Bar and Grill going into that three level white building next to the shoe repair and Ratsie's? I know it's going to be some kind of nightclub but I thought it was to be just another college type nightclub.

Old 08-14-2013, 08:54 AM

7,078 posts, read 9,530,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenline_girl View Post
So is the Terrapin Turf Bar and Grill going into that three level white building next to the shoe repair and Ratsie's? I know it's going to be some kind of nightclub but I thought it was to be just another college type nightclub.
Yes. It is supposed to open this September after a 12 month delay. I wouldn't call it a night club. To me a nightclub doesn't open until 8pm or 9pm, they serve finger food and alcohol, there's a DJ and dancing and that's it. It will be open during the day for lunch and dinner. And perhaps breakfast. But it will be a bar & grill with live music along the lines of jazz, blues, and R&B.

Old 08-14-2013, 10:35 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,466,434 times
I miss Lupos.

Old 08-20-2013, 09:49 AM

1,261 posts, read 687,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
I just thought it was interesting that 3 local specialty proprietors who either started in Georgetown or have one of their stores in Georgetown have chosen the Rt. 1 corridor to do business.

1. Sweetgreen started in Georgetown

2. Terrapin Turf Bar & Grill with live jazz/blues is opening this summer who's owner operated a similar concept in Georgetown before moving to College Park.

3. Pizzeria Paradiso has 1 of 3 locations in Georgetown and is in talks of opening up a store in the Arts District in Hyattsville.

Now all we need is a Clyde's and a Dean & Deluca.
Yes Sweetgreen started in G-town, but they went to Bethesda first before expanding. I'm sure they are there because of health conscious students.....

Old 08-20-2013, 10:02 AM

1,261 posts, read 687,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
Disclaimer: This was meant to be a light-hearted post highlighting three businesses on Rt. 1 with connections to Georgetown. Seriously I don't think that RT. 1 is becoming anything like Georgetown. I wouldn't even want it to.
Well, if it did, it would be a good looking college town, instead of the mess it is now.....Maybe if/when that town center is finished, then it would be pretty cool....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland