Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2013, 03:28 PM

7,670 posts, read 14,234,258 times

Advertisements

Just wondering if anyone has ever been to the ICE holiday attraction at Gaylord? $19 for kids and $27 for adults seem steep but could be worth it depending on the entire package. Anyone here been and think it was worth it?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2013, 06:34 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,888,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
Just wondering if anyone has ever been to the ICE holiday attraction at Gaylord? $19 for kids and $27 for adults seem steep but could be worth it depending on the entire package. Anyone here been and think it was worth it?

Thanks

Steep?!

I say ridiculous.

Old 12-02-2013, 08:17 PM

2,429 posts, read 3,564,578 times
Quote:

Thanks
h
Its a mixed bag.....young kids love it while most adults are like "meh". They usually have discount tickets lthrough groupon or goldstar so you may be able to get something a little cheaper. If you are into ice sculptures it could be worth the experience if not I wouldn't do it.

Old 12-02-2013, 09:03 PM

27,544 posts, read 28,630,498 times
I went to the Christmas tree lighting and fireworks on Black Friday. That was nice (and free).

I'm interested in going to ICE, but I heard it's cold (like 9 degrees F). Don't know if my infant children are up for that just yet, plus they had runny noses recently.

Old 12-02-2013, 09:07 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,888,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanScholar View Post
h
Its a mixed bag.....young kids love it while most adults are like "meh". They usually have discount tickets lthrough groupon or goldstar so you may be able to get something a little cheaper. If you are into ice sculptures it could be worth the experience if not I wouldn't do it.

That was my point, as brief as it was. I have been there and ice sculptures aren't worth $30 to me. Once, OK but,...meh.

I know a young lady who sings out there with the NSO and others during their Christmas programs. She sings the national anthem for the Nats occasionally as well. I think she is singing there this year but will have to find out.

Old 12-02-2013, 09:10 PM

4,640 posts, read 11,930,296 times
Yeah, I've done it with my kids--I haven't gone this year, but probably will. I think I got discount tickets when I went. This was when they did the Grinch so I can't recall what year that was. I think it may have been 2010? Anyway,we enjoyed it. The sculptures are amazing. They gave us coats to wear and made us wear them before they would let us in. I thought that odd. There was also an ice slide and the kids enjoyed that. Yeah, it was freezing. It doesn't feel cold when you first go in, but as time goes on it is very cold. The other thing is that your batteries will die really fast so it's hard to get pix.

I'm not sure I'd take a baby.

Old 12-02-2013, 09:17 PM

2,429 posts, read 3,564,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bande1102 View Post
yeah, i've done it with my kids--i haven't gone this year, but probably will. I think i got discount tickets when i went. This was when they did the grinch so i can't recall what year that was. I think it may have been 2010? Anyway,we enjoyed it. The sculptures are amazing. They gave us coats to wear and made us wear them before they would let us in. I thought that odd. There was also an ice slide and the kids enjoyed that. Yeah, it was freezing. It doesn't feel cold when you first go in, but as time goes on it is very cold. The other thing is that your batteries will die really fast so it's hard to get pix.

i'm not sure i'd take a baby.
+1

Old 12-08-2013, 01:49 PM

406 posts, read 619,313 times
It is definitely a bit overpriced, but it is a pretty unique experience and the artwork is pretty impressive. I wouldn't recommend for little ones under ~2

Old 12-08-2013, 06:55 PM

114 posts, read 171,039 times
Quote:

Thanks
I went last year and thought it was a ripoff. They also let too many people in at once, so it's a madhouse.

Old 12-10-2013, 02:42 PM

692 posts, read 1,731,666 times
Quote:

Thanks
A former coworker and his family stayed at the Gaylord with an overnight package that included ICE. He said his kids loved it and wanted to come back again the next year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland