Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 06:43 AM

746 posts, read 846,227 times

Advertisements

Look your level of racism is clearly apparent. You'll never ever in 100 million years belong to the white equivalent of "Jack and Jill" and you are clearly sore and jealous about it. First of all the majority of poor people in this country are white and the majority of upper middle class people in this country are white. Obviously you probably did not attend college, so you clearly have no clue on the concept of large numbers or why whites are the majority of everything in this country in pure total numbers. (ie Poor, rich, middle class, murderers, rapist, drug dealers, drug users, most uneducated, most educated, and the list goes on)

Furthermore you did nothing in your post, but prove I was right and you are a racist (I consider all racist lower class), bigoted, by New York standards (75k - 135k family of 4) "middle class" white person.

Next time I call the cops I should call a "crack head"? You are seriously a disgrace to your race and should probably not be allowed to have a computer.

Actually for the sake of it I’m just going to dice your a$& up and spit you out. I’m so sick of these boards being filled with racist that get on and rant like you do, so time to put you in your place.

You stated

"And if you think that white folks can speak there mind you are sadly mistaken."

Where is it written in the constitution "white males will never ever be able to speak their mind?"......If you can find that passage then we can debate it. Anyone in this country can say what ever they want as long as they are willing to accept the consequences of their actions. This is another made up bs thing by poor, lower, and middle class whites to gain some sort of false sympathy from others. If you can site specific examples of whites not being able to speak their mind please do! (Note Imus is not one of them he spoke his mind and is still employed)

You stated

"I live in a very nice area, in a nice home, drive a nice car, vacation and my children do not go without."

Currently US families in your income level are only able to do this if they are over stretching themselves on credit, which I assume you probably have a lot of ie more debt then you have equity in your house o bigoted one.

You Stated

"Ok so say I was a poor white folk, like you believe that I am(by the way next time you call the cops call a crackhead...LOL), and I live in a ghetto, which more black people do”

Okay if you were white and poor you probably would live in the following area West Virginia, Maine, North Dakota, South Dakota, Kentucky, Alabama, Texas, Rhode Island, Vermont, Nevada, and a number of other states in a rural town on the outskirts of society. Yes, you would not most likely not live in a ghetto (inner city) unless you were poor white and living in the UK, Russia, Germany, France, and etc. That is not to say there are not inner city areas inhabited by poor whites (South Boston, Detroit, Cleveland, Washington DC, and most major cities have niches of poor whites living amongst poor blacks)

You stated

“I want my child to hang out with more white kids...that would be ok to ask around about? I think not. ”

Again, I’ll re-state the obvious, your level or racism has nothing to do with what the OP asked. This has nothing to do with race and everything to do with class. If you were poor there would not be an organization for you at all white or black, so the question is moot and beyond stupid. Geez, you racist get dumber and dumber each post.

Just for another good laugh why don't you tell me your debt/equity ratio? Also based on your education level what kind of job do you think you could attain working outside of the house and the salary you think it would receive?

Anyway good thing you're happy at least on the outside. If you were truly happy with your lot in life you would not be jealous of affluent blacks clearly you're unhappy being lower/middle class. You may be economically middle class, but judging by your level of intelligence you are clearly from the lower class. I can only bet that you’re probably jealous of affluent people no matter what their colors as you’re not happy with who you are!

Last edited by truthhurts; 12-09-2007 at 06:52 AM..

Old 12-10-2007, 09:41 PM

884 posts, read 2,642,395 times
Default Go for it

Mos82,
While I am still trying to get to that level where I can participate in the "upper class" lifestyle. I commend you for wanting surround your children with positive influences. I think 'others' are missing the point of a Jack and Jill (I'm hoping it is not the snobby/colorstruck organization it used to be). This is no different then well-off people sending thier kids to the "Friends" schools or these private academies. Every culture does this and I WISH more of my fellow AA's would encourage the children to strive for the finer things in life.

Old 12-11-2007, 01:00 AM

1,845 posts, read 4,228,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbluelandrover View Post
Mos82,
While I am still trying to get to that level where I can participate in the "upper class" lifestyle. I commend you for wanting surround your children with positive influences. I think 'others' are missing the point of a Jack and Jill (I'm hoping it is not the snobby/colorstruck organization it used to be). This is no different then well-off people sending thier kids to the "Friends" schools or these private academies. Every culture does this and I WISH more of my fellow AA's would encourage the children to strive for the finer things in life.
OK BigBlue what is an AA? I'm not sure. Sorry.

And what are the "finer things in life" and who defines them?

Crystal Champagne?
Stretch Limos?
Cocaine?

Last edited by Bob The Builder; 12-11-2007 at 02:34 AM..

Old 12-11-2007, 05:07 AM

551 posts, read 1,875,647 times
"AA" is an abreviation for African American. The finer things in life would include a good education, a safe neighborhood, values that involve service to others, and a job where people can use their talents and abilities to support their families and contribute to their communities, their country, and this world. Bob, I am sure you are not suggesting that to most black people the finer things are cars, drugs, and alcohol because I really am sure you wouldn't say that, but a sensitive reader might think that is what you mean. I know there are entertainment stars (of all races) who seem to strive for the things you mention, but they are not what most AA parents want for their children any more than white parents would like their daughter to turn into a Paris Hilton or Lindsay Lohan.
May peace be with you.

Old 12-11-2007, 06:54 AM

1,845 posts, read 4,228,990 times
Sun

Point well taken.

Nope. I have known people who think "finer things" include exactly those things I listed. They, BTW, they are white. Very sad.

If you exclude the cocaine, I would venture to say, sadly, that MOST people (not just Black) believe that the "finer things" include big houses, expensive cars etc. Sadly, fewer people would define it as you have especially people with login names like BigBlueLandrover.

My point is that "finer things" mean different things to different people.

Last edited by Bob The Builder; 12-11-2007 at 07:27 AM..

Old 12-11-2007, 10:02 AM

469 posts, read 549,893 times
I think that most groups of people like to bash blacks and attack us for somehow being "lazy" or "dumb" , but when we grab wealth and show success and attempt to give our kids the best of the best those same groups become jealous and attack us just the same. Its a no win situation. My parents always said that whites dislike poor blacks but they hate educated ones, and I guess this thread proves that point.

Old 12-11-2007, 10:44 AM

770 posts, read 3,680,813 times
MOS, your mother is one of the reasons Americans can not get rid of racism. Why would she install that into your brain? I had a constructive converstation on here with a black women who is married to a bi racial man. And she told me she is teaching her kids that if you work hard in life and you take care of your ownself and do not use your race you will go far in life. That is the type of values everyone should be installed with.

I personally do not care if you are black, brown, yellow or orange, I do not care if you are poor, middle class or rich. I am not jealous of anyone, especially when I drive by the big houses with the nice cars, you want to know what I really think? I bet these people are so in debt and living well above their means. I have a lot of middle class friends that are plumbers electricians, etc and they tell me stories how they go to the big homes with the mercedes in the drive way and cant pay for the repairs they just did on thier heating system because they are broke...??? So that is what I really think of the people in the big homes and expensive cars. Please do not think that us common folks(police officers who protect you and teachers whom educate you) are jealous of you because you have a big house and a nice car, because we are not.Most of us think to ourselves I am so glad I am not in debt like they are. I also think about how lonely some of the women must be because I can bet their husbands are not home much. I am very happy with my middle class status. I pay my bills, drive a new vehicle and have plenty of money left over every paycheck. My children are happy and healthy, I am involved with my community, I live in a nice, safe neighbor hood, I get quality time with my family, I am very rich in life!!!!!!!

I am racist against anyone who wants a hand me out. Anyone who gets a job based on thier color, culture or gender. The job should go to whomever is qualified.

As far as the Jack and Jill community, the point was if I came up here on this board and wanted to know about an all white school for my rich child, I would be snubbed, etc. However, I will tell you when I moved I made sure I checked out the student ratios to where I was moving to, to make sure my son will be place in a school where he is not a minority and he is with people of his kind. So I said it, the same thing that the original poster said.

Old 12-11-2007, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos82 View Post
I think that most groups of people like to bash blacks and attack us for somehow being "lazy" or "dumb" , but when we grab wealth and show success and attempt to give our kids the best of the best those same groups become jealous and attack us just the same. Its a no win situation. My parents always said that whites dislike poor blacks but they hate educated ones, and I guess this thread proves that point.

[SIZE=3]You're so right and have a very valid point! You're dammed if you do and dammed if you don't, but it should not matter. Just keep doing the right thing. The reason this exist is that most Americans consider "affluent blacks" to be an oxymoron just like the term "poor white." The reality is obviously much different.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]To be blunt its not only the poor, lower white middle class, and middle class that dislikes upper class black success the black poor, and lower middle class, and middle probably disdain black success just as much if not more than whites. For "affluent educated" non stereotype blacks you're dammed by the lowers no matter what race they are, so screw them and keep doing what you know is right! [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]This is more of an American issue as well. A large percentage of Americans would rather not work hard and take the "risk" necessary to move themselves into the next class level, but are so quick to hold those that do and were successful in contempt. It is a vicious cycle, but hating those that are successful has never put money in a persons pocket, but learning how that person became success and using those steps as starting points is the way to the next level. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]It is one thing if the OP was attempting to degrade and look down upon people in lower economic classes, but she/he clearly was not, so the attacks on the "affluent" are as usual unjustified.[/SIZE]

Old 12-11-2007, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Njrover0216 View Post
MOS, your mother is one of the reasons Americans can not get rid of racism. Why would she install that into your brain? I had a constructive converstation on here with a black women who is married to a bi racial man. And she told me she is teaching her kids that if you work hard in life and you take care of your ownself and do not use your race you will go far in life. That is the type of values everyone should be installed with.

I personally do not care if you are black, brown, yellow or orange, I do not care if you are poor, middle class or rich. I am not jealous of anyone, especially when I drive by the big houses with the nice cars, you want to know what I really think? I bet these people are so in debt and living well above their means. I have a lot of middle class friends that are plumbers electricians, etc and they tell me stories how they go to the big homes with the mercedes in the drive way and cant pay for the repairs they just did on thier heating system because they are broke...??? So that is what I really think of the people in the big homes and expensive cars. Please do not think that us common folks(police officers who protect you and teachers whom educate you) are jealous of you because you have a big house and a nice car, because we are not.Most of us think to ourselves I am so glad I am not in debt like they are. I also think about how lonely some of the women must be because I can bet their husbands are not home much. I am very happy with my middle class status. I pay my bills, drive a new vehicle and have plenty of money left over every paycheck. My children are happy and healthy, I am involved with my community, I live in a nice, safe neighbor hood, I get quality time with my family, I am very rich in life!!!!!!!

I am racist against anyone who wants a hand me out. Anyone who gets a job based on thier color, culture or gender. The job should go to whomever is qualified.

As far as the Jack and Jill community, the point was if I came up here on this board and wanted to know about an all white school for my rich child, I would be snubbed, etc. .

NJRover, we spoke before and again you miss the point. You have come on here with an agenda. You brought up affirmative action? WTF Look if you have an agenda do not hide beyond some lame attempt at discrediting people. Anyone that has read this thread can see right through you.

First of all do you not understand how the law of large numbers works???

If I’m white and I moved to an area well 7 out of 10 times I’m going to be in the majority regardless of economic class. The only place most whites can go these days without being in the majority in a school system is inner cities. If you’re in the suburbs the chances of finding an all black high school is there, but you do not find them on as frequent a basis as you would find a predominately white school. Now lets talk about class.

The only reason a white person would have to worry about their "white child" going to a school that they are not the majority is in poorer white or black neighborhood near major city. Or in an entirely less populated rural area again notice the theme poverty and being poor.

Predominately white schools in this country out number predominately black schools something like 6 to 1 or higher in certain areas, so the reason you would be attacked is because you're obviously on some sort of racist agenda and have something you are trying to prove.

Now to finish this once and for all and i would love to hear your response on this one.

You're not rich/affluent okay for starters, so you're comparing apples to oranges when you say it.

Facts

Affluent whites are 90% of all affluent people 70% of pop
Affluent blacks are 4% of all affluent people 10% of pop
Affluent asians are 5% of all affluent people 3% of pop

Armed with this knowledge how stupid would it be for me to ask if there's a program to meet and greet for Affluent white children living in predominately affluent white areas? Short of living in some parts of suburban Chicago, Prince Georges County MD, some neighborhoods in California, and some Neighborhoods in suburban Atlanta you would look foolish asking such a question.

Furthermore i highly doubt anyone would attack you, because they would simply say well Great Falls, VA is an affluent predominately white area etc....

Also your last response has nothing to remotely do with Jack and Jill and is clearly and indiction of how bigoted you are. Perhaps you're not savvy enough to even realize it.

Here is what you said

"I will tell you when I moved I made sure I checked out the student ratios to where I was moving to, to make sure my son will be place in a school where he is not a minority and he is with people of his kind. So I said it, the same thing that the original poster"

Sorry does not get more racist then this. I'm sure i'll have to explain why to you. Here goes! First off the OP did not say anything about preferring one race over another for his child eduction so again you have an agenda, because you are comparing apples to oranges.

Second Point and this is the clincher - So let me ask you a question, did the academic level of the school matter at all? Lets say the minority school outperformed his perdomintely white school would that have matterd to you? Let's say it was like a California school full of extremely well studied Asian children with advanced classes would you have made sure to get him out of that minority school? Let say the school was in affluent Woodmore, MD where the kids test above state averages at the school would you have got him out of that school to because he would be a minority?

Lets assume the white school you were sending him to did not outperform any of these schools academically, which they probably would not based on your income level (regardless of race kids who are "welathier" test higher than kids who do not), so you are basically saying to put it in lamens terms

"I made sure regardless of how poor the school performed my first goal was to make sure my child was around white children whether stupid or not I would just prefer he be around white children"....

Now relate this to what the original poster wrote please and find it where she stated she would cut off his/her nose to spit her face, so her children could be around students who would perform at lower levels please

You really need to get it together. Do you have a response?

Last edited by truthhurts; 12-11-2007 at 05:14 PM..

Old 12-11-2007, 07:53 PM

884 posts, read 2,642,395 times
Bob,
My comment was for the OP so go play in traffic ok?.

"I" define the finer things in life as 1) Saved 2) Educated 3)Healthy 4) Gainfully employed w/ a career 5) Minimal debt 6) People that love and appreciate you 7) Able to have what you desire--after tithing, saving and paying bills.

If I screen name was "LittleBrokeDownYugo", I guess that would make me somehow better or more humble? Whatever dude. You have the problem not I.

And none of this nonsense has anything to do with the OP's question at hand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland