Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 10:28 AM

6,208 posts, read 9,212,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaryland455 View Post
Montgomery County never lets me down!!!!!!!! I REALLY REALLY like this design and the layout.....keep it coming MOCO, next location should be Downtown Silver Spring for design like this!!
Imagine a Downtown Silver Spring skyline similar to say, London?

http://www.onelifesuccess.net/wp-con...on-skyline.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2014, 10:29 AM

2,193 posts, read 2,688,552 times
I think downtown Silver Spring already has some of the best contemporary architecture in the region (see United Therapeutics campus of buildings, new library, civic center, 1155 Ripley, Discovery building is pretty nice looking but primarily it should get props as one of the first LEED Platinum buildings in the country), but I'd certainly welcome more!

Old 06-20-2014, 10:59 AM

961 posts, read 2,026,231 times
Nice architecture.

We should also do a pool for predicted rent (apartments) or prices (condos).

I'm calling starting at $2.2K /m for a studio (rent) or $500K (buy).

Old 06-20-2014, 04:52 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,886,188 times
Awesome responce, I was wanting to like it, but was thinking that I would be the only one. I do think it would look better in downtown Silver Spring, but it's good to see the Rockville area getting more high rise construction.

Old 06-21-2014, 11:44 AM

83 posts, read 130,743 times
I like the design. I'll be surprised if it looks like this when it's finally built, though. I expect the rents and/or purchase price will be out of my price range, for sure. I wonder if there will be adequate parking designed for all of the future inhabitants?

Old 06-22-2014, 08:59 PM

131 posts, read 148,790 times
I like it, but its not tall enough.

I'd like to see more 30, 40, 50+ story buildings in the DC area (outside of DC of course because of height limit). I want to see this not only because I like tall buildings.. but because its better for the environment if we build UP instead of OUT.

Let the trees and nature have its space. We don't need to occupy so much land space causing all this unnecessary traffic and pollution.

1950's-80's sprawl was one of the biggest and dumbest mistakes we ever made in this country.

Old 06-23-2014, 01:45 AM

6,208 posts, read 9,212,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Zen View Post
I like it, but its not tall enough.

I'd like to see more 30, 40, 50+ story buildings in the DC area (outside of DC of course because of height limit). I want to see this not only because I like tall buildings.. but because its better for the environment if we build UP instead of OUT.

Let the trees and nature have its space. We don't need to occupy so much land space causing all this unnecessary traffic and pollution.

1950's-80's sprawl was one of the biggest and dumbest mistakes we ever made in this country.
+2 I'm with you on that!

Hopefully someday we'll be seeing skyscrapers more than 500 to 700 feet rising in Downtown Silver Spring, Bethesda, and New Carrolton as well as 800 to 900 footers in Arlington, and finally 1,000+ foot monsters out in Tyson's Corner.

They'll be great sources of commercial/tax revenue, large employment centers, and could help spice things up with the suburban skylines (I'm cool with DC keeping its Euro-inspired human scale aesthetic with only a slight height limit increase but that doesn't mean that we in the 'burbs shouldn't get skyscrapers ).

Old 06-23-2014, 06:35 AM

581 posts, read 1,172,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
Awesome responce, I was wanting to like it, but was thinking that I would be the only one. I do think it would look better in downtown Silver Spring, but it's good to see the Rockville area getting more high rise construction.
When all is said and done the White Flint Skyline might be bigger than Silver Spring's
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland