U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-23-2017, 05:20 PM
 
Location: It's in the name!
5,588 posts, read 6,370,340 times
Reputation: 2165

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnerbro View Post
I believe it's getting a face lift.
THe owners believe they can eventually get $500 per square ft. after their retail redevelopment program is finished. For comparison, Springfield Town Center is a $500 per square foot mall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-24-2017, 08:10 PM
 
224 posts, read 164,326 times
Reputation: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by papichulo2 View Post
they need to start with pg mall. the immigrants will immigrate somwere else.
Not sure I'm reading this right...but certainly, the immigrant population is welcome in Hyattsville and PG Plaza. People who don't want legal immigrants and other legal forms of promoting diversity should stay out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2017, 10:34 PM
 
224 posts, read 164,326 times
Reputation: 62
Mall at Prince George

Somewhat disappointing front facade for pg Plaza imo, must mean 5 guys at uTC will close, qbdoba will likely follow with chipotle there, wok to walk might be ok, mezzo who knows. 5 below is wack too, hope the other front facade restaurant will be better and a decent option of a national chain for the pad spot.

Sooo many apartments
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2017, 09:27 AM
 
517 posts, read 388,630 times
Reputation: 84
Malls are dying so it's interesting that this one is getting a facelift at all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2017, 11:27 AM
 
Location: It's in the name!
5,588 posts, read 6,370,340 times
Reputation: 2165
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughLow805 View Post
Mall at Prince George

Somewhat disappointing front facade for pg Plaza imo, must mean 5 guys at uTC will close, qbdoba will likely follow with chipotle there, wok to walk might be ok, mezzo who knows. 5 below is wack too, hope the other front facade restaurant will be better and a decent option of a national chain for the pad spot.

Sooo many apartments
I think the facade is okay. It is certainly an upgrade from the dated 80s look. I am disappointed in the outside fast casual selection though. As that area grows, there will be more need for sit down restaurants. I think the article got the Mezzo restaurant name wrong. I believe it will be Mezeh Mediterranean Grill according to their dining retailer list in the investor presentation I added below. A quick Google search yields no fast-casual restaurants called "Mezzo." Mezeh is a fast-casual restaurant that is located in the area. ANd it doesn't look that bad. That may be a win for the area. It has good reviews. 4.5+ stars from hundreds of reviews on Yelp.

I do see Five Below stores in more wealthy areas as well. So, I'm not totally disappointed in that choice. City Place in Silver Spring has gone totally towards discounters. So we are not alone at least.

I still have high hopes for the transformation. PREIT is one of the better mall operators/owners and they do look forward to making MPG an A-level $500+/sqft mall. I'm still waiting for their entertainment choice. In their investor communications they mentioned that in order for malls to survive, there needs to be more experiences for customers.

https://s21.q4cdn.com/137894361/file...Deck-FINAL.pdf


What's up with that council member complaining about parking? EVERY day when I pass by the mall there are oceans of parking spaces. What's he talking about when he says he can't find a space? In front of Target? Is he so lazy he can't park in the BACK and go through the back entrance where there are TONS of spaces? THere is no lack of parking spaces. I'm glad the lawyer pushed back and said they are well within the parking space allotment requirements. I'm also glad he brought up walkability too. With the metro and all those apartments being built, there will be less need for vehicles.

Last edited by adelphi_sky; 06-18-2017 at 11:44 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2017, 11:32 AM
 
Location: It's in the name!
5,588 posts, read 6,370,340 times
Reputation: 2165
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingbutnotlost View Post
Malls are dying so it's interesting that this one is getting a facelift at all
The Hyattsville MSA is growing and includes over a billion in development. THere is a consolidation and PREIT is selling off those malls that are B and below. They plan to keep B+ and A malls because there is upside potential. ANd they mentioning that shoppers want experiences in order to attract them to malls. So, we'll see what type of experiences they come up with for MPG.

I think PREIT is a strong mall owner and they do have a good business model. They get praises from a few wall street analysts and are always considered and underrated stock.

Here is their investor presentation. The transformation of MPG is mentioned.

https://s21.q4cdn.com/137894361/file...Deck-FINAL.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2017, 01:17 PM
 
224 posts, read 164,326 times
Reputation: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
I think the facade is okay. It is certainly an upgrade from the dated 80s look. I am disappointed in the outside fast casual selection though. As that area grows, there will be more need for sit down restaurants. I think the article got the Mezzo restaurant name wrong. I believe it will be Mezeh Mediterranean Grill according to their dining retailer list in the investor presentation I added below. A quick Google search yields no fast-casual restaurants called "Mezzo." Mezeh is a fast-casual restaurant that is located in the area. ANd it doesn't look that bad. That may be a win for the area. It has good reviews. 4.5+ stars from hundreds of reviews on Yelp.

I do see Five Below stores in more wealthy areas as well. So, I'm not totally disappointed in that choice. City Place in Silver Spring has gone totally towards discounters. So we are not alone at least.

I still have high hopes for the transformation. PREIT is one of the better mall operators/owners and they do look forward to making MPG an A-level $500+/sqft mall. I'm still waiting for their entertainment choice. In their investor communications they mentioned that in order for malls to survive, there needs to be more experiences for customers.

https://s21.q4cdn.com/137894361/file...Deck-FINAL.pdf


What's up with that council member complaining about parking? EVERY day when I pass by the mall there are oceans of parking spaces. What's he talking about when he says he can't find a space? In front of Target? Is he so lazy he can't park in the BACK and go through the back entrance where there are TONS of spaces? THere is no lack of parking spaces. I'm glad the lawyer pushed back and said they are well within the parking space allotment requirements. I'm also glad he brought up walkability too. With the metro and all those apartments being built, there will be less need for vehicles.
Yeah I guess I was expecting more from the restaurant selection, not Chipolte and 5 Guys, but the actual look of the exterior in the photos is nice. Wok to Walk and Mezeh should be nice additions looking at their info online. Parking at MPG can be tough though, the back side of the mall has ample parking usually, but the front from Target to TJ Maxx gets full at least on weekends. There are also lots of folks that park in the Target and TJ Maxx lot to go to the buildings across the street, like UTC, apartments, and even sometimes for the metro
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2017, 02:46 PM
 
Location: It's in the name!
5,588 posts, read 6,370,340 times
Reputation: 2165
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughLow805 View Post
Yeah I guess I was expecting more from the restaurant selection, not Chipolte and 5 Guys, but the actual look of the exterior in the photos is nice. Wok to Walk and Mezeh should be nice additions looking at their info online. Parking at MPG can be tough though, the back side of the mall has ample parking usually, but the front from Target to TJ Maxx gets full at least on weekends. There are also lots of folks that park in the Target and TJ Maxx lot to go to the buildings across the street, like UTC, apartments, and even sometimes for the metro
Wok To Walk in Hyattsville will be the first in the DC area. I'm impressed. THe only other stores they have in the USA are in NYC and New Jersey. It is an international chain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2017, 08:51 AM
 
517 posts, read 388,630 times
Reputation: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
I think the facade is okay. It is certainly an upgrade from the dated 80s look. I am disappointed in the outside fast casual selection though. As that area grows, there will be more need for sit down restaurants. I think the article got the Mezzo restaurant name wrong. I believe it will be Mezeh Mediterranean Grill according to their dining retailer list in the investor presentation I added below. A quick Google search yields no fast-casual restaurants called "Mezzo." Mezeh is a fast-casual restaurant that is located in the area. ANd it doesn't look that bad. That may be a win for the area. It has good reviews. 4.5+ stars from hundreds of reviews on Yelp.

I do see Five Below stores in more wealthy areas as well. So, I'm not totally disappointed in that choice. City Place in Silver Spring has gone totally towards discounters. So we are not alone at least.

I still have high hopes for the transformation. PREIT is one of the better mall operators/owners and they do look forward to making MPG an A-level $500+/sqft mall. I'm still waiting for their entertainment choice. In their investor communications they mentioned that in order for malls to survive, there needs to be more experiences for customers.

https://s21.q4cdn.com/137894361/file...Deck-FINAL.pdf


What's up with that council member complaining about parking? EVERY day when I pass by the mall there are oceans of parking spaces. What's he talking about when he says he can't find a space? In front of Target? Is he so lazy he can't park in the BACK and go through the back entrance where there are TONS of spaces? THere is no lack of parking spaces. I'm glad the lawyer pushed back and said they are well within the parking space allotment requirements. I'm also glad he brought up walkability too. With the metro and all those apartments being built, there will be less need for vehicles.
I always find parking tight at that mall.

They should add a HomeGoods to the mall. In Crofton there is a HomeGoods, TJMAXX and Marshalls in the same new mall complex.

Last edited by lookingbutnotlost; 06-19-2017 at 09:01 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2017, 12:05 PM
 
Location: todo el mundo!!
1,563 posts, read 942,064 times
Reputation: 1176
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingbutnotlost View Post
I always find parking tight at that mall.

They should add a HomeGoods to the mall. In Crofton there is a HomeGoods, TJMAXX and Marshalls in the same new mall complex.
Home goods is boring and has no reason in a mall! the ross needs to go. They need better clothing stores and more dining options.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top