U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2017, 08:44 AM

180 posts, read 188,437 times

Advertisements

Would be nice for a brewery or distillery to open in CP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2017, 09:12 AM

5,586 posts, read 6,370,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyRoma View Post
Would be nice for a brewery or distillery to open in CP
Why? Downtown Hyattsville not close enough? lol It's like a mile and a half from campus. I think the location is fine. It would draw more people to Hyattsville. CP has the hotel, fancy restaurants, and it will have the Purple Line. I think it is great that these breweries are centralizing in Hyattsville. Besides, CP already has all the bars in the area. Pizza Paradiso and Busboys don't count.

Or perhaps you can start your own. Reading the article, it seems like it doesn't take much to start up a brewery.

Old 10-16-2017, 09:23 AM

1,563 posts, read 941,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
Why? Downtown Hyattsville not close enough? lol It's like a mile and a half from campus. I think the location is fine. It would draw more people to Hyattsville. CP has the hotel, fancy restaurants, and it will have the Purple Line. I think it is great that these breweries are centralizing in Hyattsville. Besides, CP already has all the bars in the area. Pizza Paradiso and Busboys don't count.

Or perhaps you can start your own. Reading the article, it seems like it doesn't take much to start up a brewery.
bring it to pg plaza

Old 10-16-2017, 09:24 AM

180 posts, read 188,437 times
Because great college towns don't require you to drive to the entertainment, restaurants, coffee shops, clothing stores, etc. they are walkable, charming and self sufficient. it's great for the area and will benefit CP indirectly for sure but it feels like hyattesville is developing its own feel, charm, sense of place that CP lacks.

Old 10-16-2017, 09:46 AM

517 posts, read 388,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyRoma View Post
Because great college towns don't require you to drive to the entertainment, restaurants, coffee shops, clothing stores, etc. they are walkable, charming and self sufficient. it's great for the area and will benefit CP indirectly for sure but it feels like hyattesville is developing its own feel, charm, sense of place that CP lacks.
I think Hyattsville will always be more charming than CP w/smaller businesses and what not. CP will have bigger big box retail. If CP wants to be a true college town they need a better blend of both. I've been waiting for that coffee shop to replace that auto parts store, the vintage shop and that Halaal guys since they announced. None of these small businesses seem to be in a rush to open.

But since the towns bleed into each other a boon for one, is a boon for the other. w/o the large student population CP would not have the huge influx of development and neither would Riverdale or Hyattsville

Old 10-16-2017, 11:22 AM

5,586 posts, read 6,370,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingbutnotlost View Post
But since the towns bleed into each other a boon for one, is a boon for the other. w/o the large student population CP would not have the huge influx of development and neither would Riverdale or Hyattsville
I would agree that you would want the entire area to prosper so that there is more cohesiveness and not a night and day transition. Realistically, you want cohesiveness from Mt. Rainier all the way up to the Beltway. ANd that is what is happening. One development boom feeds into the next and you don't have a vibrancy - blight - vibrancy - blight situation that you have now.

Unfortunately, you still have sections of blight in College Park. I'm not sure why the city doesn't just tear down those dilapidated structures and build a temporary park with benches.

Old 10-30-2017, 02:09 PM

224 posts, read 164,326 times
More PG Plaza announced tenants, mostly known already but 3 new jewelry stores

Alex and Ani
Pandora
Kendra Scott

https://www.bizjournals.com/washingt...s-unveils.html

I'm pleasantly surprised to see these stores moving in, all a tenant class above most of their neighbors....next thing I'm going to see them opening an Urban Outfitters lol

Old 10-30-2017, 04:46 PM

517 posts, read 388,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughLow805 View Post
More PG Plaza announced tenants, mostly known already but 3 new jewelry stores

Alex and Ani
Pandora
Kendra Scott

https://www.bizjournals.com/washingt...s-unveils.html

I'm pleasantly surprised to see these stores moving in, all a tenant class above most of their neighbors....next thing I'm going to see them opening an Urban Outfitters lol
Those are kind of fancy

Old 11-05-2017, 09:22 PM

1 posts, read 497 times
Question: Why are grandparents not allowed to obtain a copy of a grand child's birth certificate?

I am aware that my question has no relevance to the current subject.....

Thanks!!!

Old 11-05-2017, 11:43 PM

11,090 posts, read 18,618,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGRESS WATTS View Post
Question: Why are grandparents not allowed to obtain a copy of a grand child's birth certificate?

I am aware that my question has no relevance to the current subject.....
It's probably a state law designed to protect the parent's right to control the child's future. If the grandparent has a legitimate need for the grandchild's BC, she will have to ask the parent to obtain it.

In the future, you should start a new topic for a non-relevant question. It's the blue button labeled "New Thread".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland