U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 07:54 PM

1,389 posts, read 5,673,379 times

Advertisements

This is one of the reason I move my family to Pg county. It was because I saw the improvements and positive changes in the county. Investor are running to the county because they all see the positive changes in the county. Its only getting better. Desprite credit crisis and foreclosures people are still flocking to the county which is why real estate in the county have increase instead of decreasing like our sorrounding county. Here is a article from channel 7 news. I know I purchase a brand new home last year in Upper Marlboro and base upon the sales in my community we have plenty of equity. We have a new shopping coming next year,new housing community 2 minutes down the road whuch are selling for 200k higher then what we paid for our home last year.

Moderator cut: possible copyright violation - links only, please

Last edited by Sam I Am; 01-01-2008 at 02:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2007, 08:00 PM

29,462 posts, read 33,710,678 times
Default You got us this time

Moderator cut: orphaned due to copyrightKudos, on the research. People are flocking to PG and Baltimore City for the high quality of development. Congrats to those counties for increasing the property tax base by the highest rate in the state. A job well done by all.

Last edited by Sam I Am; 01-01-2008 at 02:43 PM..

Old 12-31-2007, 09:23 PM

143 posts, read 781,384 times
hmm...sounds like you must have many houses for sale in PG county.... =) trying to get people "revved up" to search your area....

Old 12-31-2007, 09:33 PM

There was no research involved to find this article. It was on the news today. All you had to do to find this information was to watch channel 7 news.

RMX Christina: Pg county have the highest housing appreciation which means we have a large number of people moving into the county and purchasing houses at a faster rate then anyother county in Maryland. Pg county have less house on the market then any other county in Maryland. We are the only county in Maryland that is geeting develope with upscale malls,shooping and restaurants. Other counties such as Montgoemry county are max out of land and can no longer build so the values for houses have declined. Houses in Pg county are selling at a faster rate then anyother county in Maryland due to new upscale developements.

Old 01-01-2008, 05:43 AM

29,462 posts, read 33,710,678 times
Smile A word of caution

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscalder View Post
There was no research involved to find this article. It was on the news today. All you had to do to find this information was to watch channel 7 news.

RMX Christina: Pg county have the highest housing appreciation which means we have a large number of people moving into the county and purchasing houses at a faster rate then anyother county in Maryland. Pg county have less house on the market then any other county in Maryland. We are the only county in Maryland that is geeting develope with upscale malls,shooping and restaurants. Other counties such as Montgoemry county are max out of land and can no longer build so the values for houses have declined. Houses in Pg county are selling at a faster rate then anyother county in Maryland due to new upscale developements.

Be careful how you interpret your data. PG does have the most foreclosures and statistics can do some interesting things. If your base is low then any thing added to the base will show a greater increase then a county with a higher base. A 600k home with a 200K base is a greater increase then a 650K home sold with a 350K base. Keep being a cheerleader for your home county that is what will make it a better place to live. Be careful interpreting data to use as your cheer.

Old 01-01-2008, 08:53 AM

If you have an issue with my post maybe you need to contact channel 7 news and question them why did thye report that Pg county have the highese real estate appreciation. Channel 7 news reported last night and I got this article on channel 7 news. Why turn something positive into negative. Why not leave something that is positive positive. Some people just love negativity.

Old 01-01-2008, 09:25 AM

4,180 posts, read 12,765,622 times
Regardless if the numbers are low, it still is an increase and that is positive. Same for Baltimore City. Both PG and Baltimore are headed in a more positive direction.

Old 01-01-2008, 11:04 AM

144 posts, read 580,320 times
I think this underscores the fact that the DC Metropolitan area is no longer affordable. Subsequently home prices in particular areas of this region that are low will see price increases substantially higher relative to higher priced areas.

People are going to be willing to invest in a home that remains relatively low price wise such as in some of the more urban communities with insight that eventually their home value will catch up to the surrounding area particularly as Prince Georges County develops. Also people are tired of long commutes.

Remember there is very little land remaining in surrounding communities to develop. Thirty three percent of the remaining land left to develop in this region is in Prince Georges County.

Old 01-01-2008, 11:49 AM

384 posts, read 850,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscalder View Post
If you have an issue with my post maybe you need to contact channel 7 news and question them why did thye report that Pg county have the highese real estate appreciation. Channel 7 news reported last night and I got this article on channel 7 news. Why turn something positive into negative. Why not leave something that is positive positive. Some people just love negativity.
TuborgP - now you've really gone and done it; you introduced some logic and caution to the great PGC cheerleader. Congrats!! Typical response, now you're the bad guy because you don't "just agree" how great PGC is.

Old 01-01-2008, 02:25 PM

109 posts, read 572,818 times
Default Good news

This is good news that despite our foreclosure numbers, the property values continue to rise. The same cannot be said for Prince William and Loudoun counties. They are #1 and #2 in foreclosures in the DC area and unfortunately their property values continue to fall. I was concerned that our school budget would take a big hit this year, but maybe it won't be so bad and Dr. Deasey can continue to implement his plan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland